Decleor Christmas Gifts TSV 19/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have never heard of Sunday Riley so just had to do a bit of googling! Do you like the Blue Moon balm? It is too pricey for me at RRP of £46 but I would be interested to know if it is any good and better than the Elemis balm.

Mine has arrived, ordered Thursday evening.
All the creams in proper Decleor boxes, as Mazza said. The only thing of this kit that I've previously used is the Hydrafloral, & that was the light version whereas this says rich,bro looking forward to trying it. I got the magnolia version.

Same for me, Breeze. A whole new set of stuff, but it will be ages before I get round to trying it. I have never had a TSV with the shower gel or the lip balm before and always go for the normal Hydrafloral. But I think on previous TSVs Fiona and certainly Julia have said it is just the texture that changes, not the moisturising effect.

I have never heard of Sunday Riley so just had to do a bit of googling! Do you like the Blue Moon balm? It is too pricey for me at RRP of £46 but I would be interested to know if it is any good and better than the Elemis balm.

I'm actually not a fan of the Elemis cleansing balm despite loving many other Elemis products. I'm not over keen on the smell or texture. The blue moon has more of a sugary texture which as you rub it into your skin melts into a balm. It smells divine too. I admit it is pricey. I have wanted to try it for ages so purchased it from Space Nk when they had a special offer on so was able to get it a bit cheaper. The Elemis you get 3.7oz & the Sunday Riley 3.4oz with the SR being £6 more expensive. You can also use it over your eyes to take eye make up off, although I haven't tried this as I remove my eye make-up with a separate remover first. A little goes a long way so I have found it has lasted a long time. I use it about 5 nights a week.

Would I buy it again, yes. Maybe not to use on a permanent basis but as a wonderful treat once in a "Blue Moon":grin:

I would love to try both options, but I don't know any of the products and I am afraid my skin could react to the essential oils. And I have some products to use up first.;-)

i am like you ani. its great value and a good all round system but the scented oils will make me react and i dont really need it. bought the perricone tsv which is adorable no essential oils. and some alpha h which is good for me not too scented

It's too late this time, but if you are in doubt about about your reaction to Decléor if you can get to a store with a beauty counter and ask for samples or use their testers to swatch test. Less hassle than QVC's mbg, if your skin reacts.

Well, that's a little difficult because here in Germany we don't have any counters selling Décleor, but the products are sold in cosmetic salons, i.e., not in the usual places in department stores.

I ordered on Thursday and mine was delivered this afternoon. LOVE it! Tried the lip balm immediately, my husband has been in hospital for two weeks and my lips are dry and sore. It feels very comforting. Fastest every QVC delivery.

I ordered on Thursday and mine was delivered this afternoon. LOVE it! Tried the lip balm immediately, my husband has been in hospital for two weeks and my lips are dry and sore. It feels very comforting. Fastest every QVC delivery.

hope your hubby gets better soon x

Hope your husband is soon well & home again.

You will LOVE the shower gel.....My all time favourite bath product

I didn't get on with the skincare, but loved the body lotion, so would like to try this. Might keep my eyes peeled for a bargain on eBay.

I use the cleansing water as a pre-cleanse at night to remove the majority of my make up before I use my normal cleanser. I feel I get a really good double cleanse that way & it only takes a few seconds longer.

I do this, too, partly because I don't want to stain my Double Cleansing Brush with make-up, and partly because the Bare Minerals cleansers that I'm using at the moment (Pure Plush and Clay Chameleon) really sting if you get them in your eyes, so I prefer to take my eye make-up off with micellar water / Simple wipes beforehand.

I've had a really bad few months and, a few weeks ago, noticed how awful my skin looked. Grey and lifeless with big dark circles under the eyes. I splashed out on an Elemis eye serum (the least expensive one!) and that really had an effect on the circles, quite impressed!

I bought a bottle of cold-pressed rosehip oil in TKMax for about £8. Used as advised and my skin looked better almost overnight! I go easy with it as I don't want to be over-oiled, but it really gave me a boost, for not much outlay.

Sorry to hear you've had a bad few months, glad that the bits you bought made a difference and gave you a boost. xx

Best wishes to you and your husband, hope he is soon on the mend. Enjoy your TSV. :happy: xx

Thank Minx, it's been a tough year three times in hospital! We are getting there roll on 2017

Mine is going back. The magnolia one. The shower gel is vile smelling. The eye cream makes my eyes itch and water. The Magnolia oil leaves my cheeks blotchy the next day. Am sure the moisturiser would be fine if I had tried it. Only thing I like in this kit is the lip balm. Not worth the price foir me. Neroli oil is fine but not the magnoilia.

I think the shower gel smells vile too.
I'm not smitten with any of their oils, very over scented compared to say a pure rose hip oil.
I'm considering sending it back as well, just thinking it would cost a lot to return.

I can't stand the shower gel either. I ordered both sets so will sell my shower gels on. Not sure on the magnolia yet. Haven't tried the eye cream as still using up another one but wondering if I should in case it affects my eyes. The magnolia oil itself I'm not quite sure about. I really don't like the smell of it. Need to give it a bit longer really to see if I notice any improvement in my skin. Iris I know & love so won't be sending that back. Love the lip balm although have noticed a slight tingling/burning sensation once applied.

Mine is going back. The magnolia one. The shower gel is vile smelling. The eye cream makes my eyes itch and water. The Magnolia oil leaves my cheeks blotchy the next day. Am sure the moisturiser would be fine if I had tried it. Only thing I like in this kit is the lip balm. Not worth the price foir me. Neroli oil is fine but not the magnoilia.

Yikes! With the oil - can you work out which ingredient could be the culprit? Eye creams are really hit and miss, aren't they? I keep trying different things and have found that I need a light texture, no SPF, and little to no fragrance. Even so, I find products which are supposedly marvellous don't work. I like Hydratenseur a lot, and am having a good old go with the Aurabsolu eye product (though the applicator is underwhelming)... one I really had a problem with was Gatineau's Aquamemory which made my eyes itch and water.

I think the shower gel smells vile too.
I'm not smitten with any of their oils, very over scented compared to say a pure rose hip oil.
I'm considering sending it back as well, just thinking it would cost a lot to return.

I don't mind the smell of the Alguaromes bath & shower product, but it's not in my top bath & shower fragrances, and I'm always surprised when they start raving about how "everybody loves it". I'd take the ABC skinwash every time in preference. It's very gender neutral, I would say, and very herbal smelling. If that's not your bag, it would probably disappoint.

I would take issue with saying the oils are overscented, as they are how the essential oils they have blended should smell. Making a comparison with Rosehip oil, which is more in the class of a carrier oil (and these are always much milder in scent) it would be fairer to compare with hazelnut oil - which they use as the carrier oil in many of the aromessences. If essential oils are not your thing, I would say that Decléor's not the range for you... definitely a range to go into a department store beauty department and have a good sniff at before buying. Personally, I love aromatherapy and essential oils and find them effective on my skin. But we are all different, so wouldn't ever assume that what works for me, or what I love, would appeal to anyone else.

Essential Oils vs. Carrier Oils http://www.aromaweb.com/articles/whatcarr.asp

Essential oils are distilled from the leaves, bark, roots and other aromatic portions of a botanical. Essential oils evaporate and have a concentrated aroma. Carrier oils, on the other hand, are pressed from the fatty portions (seeds, nuts, kernels) and do not evaporate or impart their aroma as strongly as essential oils. Carrier oils can go rancid over time, but essential oils do not. Instead, essential oils "oxidize" and lose their therapeutic benefits, but they don't go rancid.

Maymorganlondon I had a look at the ingredients and I cannot work out which ingredient upsets my skin. It may be the peppermint oil but I would just be guessing. I no longer have the box for my neroli oil, otherwise I would have done a comparison, as I am fine with the neroli. I am currently using the decleor hydratenseur eye gel, with no problems at all. I think its the cream texture that upsets my eyes, although I have been fine with the Judith williams phytomineral eye cream in the past. I am always so careful with eye products, I tried the TSV eye cream just twice and suffered all day with discomfort, watery eyes and stinging.I am now sticking to the hydratenseur.

Maymorganlondon I had a look at the ingredients and I cannot work out which ingredient upsets my skin. It may be the peppermint oil but I would just be guessing. I no longer have the box for my neroli oil, otherwise I would have done a comparison, as I am fine with the neroli. I am currently using the decleor hydratenseur eye gel, with no problems at all. I think its the cream texture that upsets my eyes, although I have been fine with the Judith williams phytomineral eye cream in the past. I am always so careful with eye products, I tried the TSV eye cream just twice and suffered all day with discomfort, watery eyes and stinging.I am now sticking to the hydratenseur.

Could it be the peony (pivoine) extract? Whenever my eyes start playing up I have to return to a serum formulation... either Hydratenseur or Elemis pro-collagen advanced eye serum http://www.elemis.com/pro-collagen-advanced-eye-treatment.html

I have very sensitive eyes, get exzema on the lids plus have such bad reaction to some products,face swells up & throat closes, as yet not proved what the cause is despite hospital & consultants, that I have to take antihistamines every single day of the year & carry an Epipen everywhere as I've ended up in intensive care with anaphylaxis more than once. The one eye cream I can use with no problems at all is Clarins Extra Restorative, the one in the red container, none of their others.

I finally started using the Magnolia aromessence and absolutely love it - I had been using Neroli before (and Iris had been my favourite), but now I'm using the Magnolia one, I've realised how oily the Neroli one made my skin. Very impressed with it.

Latest posts

Back