decleor and tanya

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glycolics are the one and only thing that work for me even though I have very fair sensitive skin.

Elemis and Decleor were spot hell for me. :sad:

I have very fair celtic skin, porcelain fair, and have never had a problem with glycolics, but Elemis and Decleor gave me cystic acne.

Glycolic is a small molecule AHA (Alpha Hydroxy acid) usually derived from sugar or fruit. A weak glycolic acid will chemically peel the top layer of skin which is the dead dull stuff revealing soft new cells underneath. You need sunscreen and definitely stick with low concentrations.

Thnaks OOOHHHH - Acid, sounds painful! What skin types benefit from glycolics and is it in any QVC products i might be using already?

Acid should not painful unless it's too high a concentration. Our skin is naturally acidic or should be and on normal skin it wouldn't hurt it you spilled lemon juice on it but sure would hurt raw damaged skin. I am very cautious about my skin so I don't use any of these things, I can't really so some of the other chix here will be more helpful.

I would highly recommend DDF and the Peter Thomas Roth range, both have very high quality glycolic products, both very effective.

its intresting glycolics. i find now that i have to use them. the difference in my skin is too fantastic not to. but i have learnt recently that just one step i.e for me 'the toner step' does the job really well and saves me a fortune..
any toner on the high street that can cost a couple of quid does the job with some cotton wool..
no more expensive glycolic kits for me!

I have roseaca and my skin loves Elemis, but not all of it. Wouldn't touch the Tri range for a start.

Yes Chrissy used to do Molton Brown skincare for quite a few years every TSV launch and show she was the model. She did have spotty skin and Alison said she had very sensitive skin. I thought it was acne by the look of it. Then she seemed to move to Elemis and it didn't seem quite as bad.

Latest posts

Back