Debbie Flint

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

While it's hard to lose weight - increasingly so as you get older - it's even harder to keep the weight off.

Debbie isn't alone in having written a book for weightloss and not managed to sustain it herself, although most keep shtum if their weight's gone in the wrong direction later.

Who has written a weight loss book and not kept it off? I'm not being funny it's just I can't think of anyone. I'm assuming these dieters will have actually lost weight in the first place to warrant writing a book, in DFs case working for QVC with a big social media fan base, was all the experience she needed because it certainly wasn't based on weight loss.

Who has written a weight loss book and not kept it off? I'm not being funny it's just I can't think of anyone. I'm assuming these dieters will have actually lost weight in the first place to warrant writing a book, in DFs case working for QVC with a big social media fan base, was all the experience she needed because it certainly wasn't based on weight loss.

I don't think she had all the social media etc when she wrote the first one in 2002.

But then she wrote another one ... and the weight yoyo-ed again. Either she's got a clear message or she doesn't and can't live it herself. Having a ready-made audience doesn't make her an authority which she's put herself out to be by writing these books for profit. Let's face it, she doesn't exactly give them away, does she?

But then she wrote another one ... and the weight yoyo-ed again. Either she's got a clear message or she doesn't and can't live it herself. Having a ready-made audience doesn't make her an authority which she's put herself out to be by writing these books for profit. Let's face it, she doesn't exactly give them away, does she?

Thatu I was about to say the exact same thing. She added a few lines then re sold it again as an "updated" version and capatalised on her social media fan base, the only weight she has ever lost through this book was running all the way to the bank.

I don't think she has a very high fan base at all, you know what it's like on FB and Twitter, people just keep coming, that's what I dislike about those media, I'm on FB because a friend of mine is, I only joined a month ago, already I'm going to leave and have told my friend. It has turned out to be everything I thought it was.
As for Debbie's weight loss, we're not talking huge amounts here, and certainly nothing worth writing a book about, I think the books are because she is more high profile being on QVC, for instance when she was not on QVC did we hear about all those rubbish books - ah no don't think so, QVC is a base for her.

Some of her followers are so gullible if she told them she`d lost 5 stones they`d believe her. That`s the problem when people wear blinkers or rose tinted specs, not only do they not see she`s a manipulative, self centred, hard faced cow, they can`t see she`s no more a weight loss expert or weight loss example than Mr Blobby and he`s better looking !

Debbie Flint looked an absolute sight on the fashion show yesterday - those ugly culottes and that cardigan over the top, none of it matching. Then those tiny flip flops on her big feet. It was just a mess.

As for her weight, being short myself, if you even put on a couple of pounds it shows and it will show even more on TV. She does look like she has put weight on and not off, which is fine, but don't keep punting the diet book because the advice clearly isn't working for her and it's doubtful it would for anyone else either. If I find myself getting a bit chubby I eat off a smaller plate and eat double the veggies (not potatoes though), then I double the dog walks or even walk to work (I don't work that far from home). Within a couple of weeks I'm back to what I was and it's free.

CC

DF is the one presenter I tend to switch off straight away as I feel she comes over very false & I don't go near any of these blogs, books,FB, etc.etc. I did hear her the other week when she was suggesting we clean gravestone with some moss cleaner! How far will she stoop?

I've heard it all now!!!! Watching PLUS again - Joe is demonstrating a £350 vacuum cleaner. Debbie is suggesting you take it around with you if you do cleaning jobs!!!

If you're cleaning homes, you'd normally use the home-owner's vacuum. If you're cleaning offices they usually supply industrial kit. Gobsmacked!

She suggested the £250 hand-held one to keep upstairs for the teenagers' bedrooms! I paid much less than that for a Dyson to do the whole house.

She told flood victims some firm control slimming knickers would make them feel better.............practice what you preach DF :wait:

The weight loss books are the same as the celebrity work out/slimming videos.The celebs rarely manage to keep the weight off. They are no different to the rest of us.

The liquid diet was a fad a few years ago,a friend lost a huge amount of weight on it having nothing but shakes,attended support groups etc.She paid a lot of money ,but all of the weight has returned.Prior to that she had done slimming world and others.

She told flood victims some firm control slimming knickers would make them feel better.............practice what you preach DF :wait:

She`ll be telling us next that Carole Hochman nightwear is much classier than a shroud and encouraging us to buy for the inevitable day ...

She`ll be telling us next that Carole Hochman nightwear is much classier than a shroud and encouraging us to buy for the inevitable day ...

:mysmilie_466: Vienna !!! I wouldn't put it past her. I rarely watch her because I just don't like her, and all the things I've just read on here confirms why.

I don't think she has a very high fan base at all, you know what it's like on FB and Twitter, people just keep coming, that's what I dislike about those media, I'm on FB because a friend of mine is, I only joined a month ago, already I'm going to leave and have told my friend. It has turned out to be everything I thought it was.
As for Debbie's weight loss, we're not talking huge amounts here, and certainly nothing worth writing a book about, I think the books are because she is more high profile being on QVC, for instance when she was not on QVC did we hear about all those rubbish books - ah no don't think so, QVC is a base for her.

I am on Facebook mainly to keep in touch with old schoolfriends who are now scattered around the world and only like or share with friends. Not on Twitter.

:mysmilie_845:

See-saws, Margery Dawes,
Cover the mouth with a plaster.
She shall have many pennies each day
Because she sells diet books faster.

I've heard it all now!!!! Watching PLUS again - Joe is demonstrating a £350 vacuum cleaner. Debbie is suggesting you take it around with you if you do cleaning jobs!!!

If you're cleaning homes, you'd normally use the home-owner's vacuum. If you're cleaning offices they usually supply industrial kit. Gobsmacked!

It's all a load of holly hocks lol ....somebody in QVC towers prob playing each presenter up against each other and out comes desperate talk lol

Some of her followers are so gullible if she told them she`d lost 5 stones they`d believe her. That`s the problem when people wear blinkers or rose tinted specs, not only do they not see she`s a manipulative, self centred, hard faced cow, they can`t see she`s no more a weight loss expert or weight loss example than Mr Blobby and he`s better looking !
Ah, but you can claim to have lost that much - all you need is a load of yo-yoing and you could lose 5st, or any amount you choose to say. It's all in how you measure it

Latest posts

Back