Debbie Flint The Novelist

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I received a £10 voucher for Amazon from NowTv after the recent Technical problems , Anyway I was looking on Amazon at Debbie's Book ( Moment of madness honest) , And her Shopping telly book has received 18, 5* reviews and One 1* , Anyway Debbie Flint has taken it upon herself to reply to the one star review....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R278...JY2#Mx3RVRB0CRG0JY2..Helpful.DiscussionBoards

Talk about nasty, Really shows a different side to Debbie!!!

I received a £10 voucher for Amazon from NowTv after the recent Technical problems , Anyway I was looking on Amazon at Debbie's Book ( Moment of madness honest) , And her Shopping telly book has received 18, 5* reviews and One 1* , Anyway Debbie Flint has taken it upon herself to reply to the one star review....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R278...JY2#Mx3RVRB0CRG0JY2..Helpful.DiscussionBoards

It's actually quite arrogant too, she seems to think that the person giving the bad review must have an axe to grind but hasn't the thought occurred to her that they just think the book's rubbish!

I must confess I have bought it so I must be mad too!

BTW did you spot the five star review from her sister?

It's actually quite arrogant too, she seems to think that the person giving the bad review must have an axe to grind but hasn't the thought occurred to her that they just think the book's rubbish!

Very True , its really shown her in a new light , Almost like she's with her gang of bullies and if anyone dares step out of line , you've had it.

Personally I have never been convinced by her matey persona and this just goes to show I was right! Defensive or what???? She should just suck it up, not get involved in online squabbles like this. Pathetic!

Nope, not surprised at all. Her replies don't exactly tempt me to order her books, either.

Lol I have read one of her oeuvres and I thought it was truly awful.

Last edited:

Hello It was my review, she's also edited it from what was first posted as well.

In addition to her Amazon reply she send me a barrage of DMs on Twitter (I got 18 from her and I sent three)

10259740_10152171087363163_4247802974433968374_n.jpg

10154306_10152171209653163_6329102034376368806_n.jpg

Clive had a sort of urbane charm about him that Patricia found attractive. He cut a dashing figure in his light white chinos and black polo shirt from Charles Tyrwhitt. He could easily have been a model for their catalogue. They were sat on their balcony after dusk. Patricia was eating mandarin segments.

“It’s funny being on a ship, like being lost at sea,” said Patricia dreamily.

Clive did not answer. Instead he was thinking about Patricia sliding her top off, seeing her bare breasts hanging down, her raspberry coloured nipples pert and erect like those rubber thimblettes the woman used at the post office.

“Clive?”

“Huh?” “Yeah. I didn’t want to enable roaming on my phone. It charges 7 quid a minute on a ship’s satellite roaming.”

Patricia took out some knickers she’d bought from M&S.” They were peach colours and had a little bow on the front that made them look so much more attractive.

“What are those?”

“M&S.”

How about “S&M?” he quipped. They both started laughing and it wasn’t long before they were in bed together. Patricia could feel his saveloy. She took her body brush and spanked his buttocks rhythmically. Bam! Bam! Bam! Suddenly they both burst into a coughing fit. Patricia had forgotten that the head of the brush was filled with talcum powder, a cloud of which was dispensed on each resounding tap. In between laughing and choking Clive put a mandarin segment on her chest and ate it.

“The man from Del Monte. He say YES!”

Hello It was my review, she's also edited it from what was first posted as well.
What did she change? I thought your review was perfectly acceptable, the bit about expecting some of her bright confident personality was actually quite a compliment to her. I think she came over really badly reacting like that, for goodness sake all writers must get some bad reviews, I know there were loads for JK Rowling's detective novel. I've read the book and would probably give it two stars as I thought it was silly, far-fetched and the style was a rip off of Bridget Jones. As for the people who were laughing out loud, well their sense of humour is very different from mine. I really agree with your comment about it sounding like it was written very quickly. I wonder how many people will now be deterred from giving her a bad review after her reaction, I probably won't review it.

In addition to her Amazon reply she send me a barrage of DMs on Twitter (I got 18 from her and I sent three)

Wow I cant believe how DF cant take any criticism at all , there was nothing wrong with your review , thanks for posting here x

This was the original posting,

She, then changed it to the one there now. She also DM'd me three times telling me how easy it had been for her to change it. She made out she was doing it and she was sorry for first post but pretty obvious she wanted me to delete/change mine.

So basically shes done this to discourage any more negative reviews , Can she not take any criticism ? is she that shallow . She's shown herself for what she really is and her "professional group" sound like a bunch of bullies.

I guess she also encouraged more reviews. Prior to mine there were only four, then in the following couple of days another 12 popped up (including the one from her sis)
All very brief and without any real information.

She comes across as very insecure to me.

Interesting info amyb, thanks for posting about it. I don't think Debbie has done herself any favours in reacting as she did. Her sister providing a 5 star review of the book is a bit suspect and I also noticed that LJ Rich who is a friend of hers, and who is given personal thanks by Debbie for helping her with one of the books in the available 'Look inside this book' clips on Amazon also gives a 5 star review. It comes over as trying to discredit you for leaving an honest but poor review, which you are perfectly entitled to do.
It reminded me of a Trip Adviser review a disatisfied holiday maker had posted following loads of glowing reviews. It prompted me to post my honest review of my experience at the same hotel, which didn't go down well with the manager. He posted quite a nasty response underneath it, so I then informed Trip Adviser that I knew from other holiday makers that he pressed them all to keep his ratings up by putting good reviews and hinted at good reductions if you booked another holiday-I hope he got a warning for it at least.

So basically shes done this to discourage any more negative reviews , Can she not take any criticism ? is she that shallow . She's shown herself for what she really is and her "professional group" sound like a bunch of bullies.

Answer 1. No
Answer 2. Yes

This is the trouble with the internet and vanity publishing! Can you imagine a proper author responding like this to a perfectly valid review? Or a load of abuse being thrown at punters who leave them on the Q website for that matter? This just reinforces my view that underneath all that fake matinees she is a tough as nails and not very nice either. Just a market trader desperate for a quick sale, nothing beyond that. I would not follow her on twitter or whatever she is on if it were the last site on earth (so to speak).

Latest posts

Back