Dawn Bibby leaves QVC after 18 years

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No, there was no announcement. She did mention she wouldn't be in next week but otherwise everyone pretended it was business as usual.

On 'Twitter' she says she will make an official announcement soon (is she in the Royal family or something???)

Will there be a press confernece or perhaps a bank holiday announced???

On 'Twitter' she says she will make an official announcement soon (is she in the Royal family or something???)

Will there be a press confernece or perhaps a bank holiday announced???

OMG she does think she has celeb status.Are we really interested?I wish anyone well when they move on but this 'Drama a la Bibby' gets on my ****

Sorry...and another thing....

If it means that we have to endure more Amy I will go as far as self harming with my Martha Stewart punches. That women and her childish voice.......

Also, have I missed something...?? Why has Rosemerry left??? Is there a reason??

Check out Rosemary`s message on www.crabapplecrafts.co.uk

I am completely with you regarding Amy, can`t bear her ---

being totally serious i saw what must have been Dawny's last show the other day and the crap she was coming up with would suggest that your idea may not be that far fetched! nasty cards with birdcages and cut outs of budgies plonked on them. maybe her heart wasnt in it.
i used to sort of know Barry of "Alan and Barry" (only enough to have a chat with in the pub, and he once tried to put his.... never mind) and they started by doing the rounds of summer festivals flogging glass trinkets on the market stalls. next thing i knew they were on ideal world talking about ****** decoupage as if they knew something about it! :giggle:

i'd LOVE to go on QVC and demo something. i want to do a debbie flint and point to the "L".
Ooh, what a claim to fame!

I was once propositioned online by Alan (ex. of "Alan and Barry"), but I pretended I didn't have a clue who he was and he got the hump :wink:

What would you demo on QVC? I don't think I could: I wouldn't be able to keep my face straight :smirk:

being totally serious i saw what must have been Dawny's last show the other day and the crap she was coming up with would suggest that your idea may not be that far fetched! nasty cards with birdcages and cut outs of budgies plonked on them. maybe her heart wasnt in it.
i used to sort of know Barry of "Alan and Barry" (only enough to have a chat with in the pub, and he once tried to put his.... never mind) and they started by doing the rounds of summer festivals flogging glass trinkets on the market stalls. next thing i knew they were on ideal world talking about ****** decoupage as if they knew something about it! :giggle:

i'd LOVE to go on QVC and demo something. i want to do a debbie flint and point to the "L".

Ooh, what a claim to fame!

I was once propositioned online by Alan (ex. of "Alan and Barry"), but I pretended I didn't have a clue who he was and he got the hump :wink:

What would you demo on QVC? I don't think I could: I wouldn't be able to keep my face straight :smirk:

GRRR: I beggared that up, didn't I? :sad:

Ok Dawn was not dumped, sadly Rosemary was dumped with no explanation. Kanban is staying at QVC. Dawn's shop is up for sale. Craft is staying at QVC with a new celebrity presenter. Round up of today's news!

Last edited:
Ok Dawn was not dumped, sadly Rosemary was dumped with no explanation. Kanban is staying at QVC. Dawn's shop is up for sale. Craft is staying at QVC with a new celebrity presenter. Round up of today's news!

she's going to south africa to live. reconciliation?

Not particularly interested in crafting but whenever I have seen her she's seemed quite dour and boring. I hope whatever she does next puts a smile on her face!

Like Fern on this morning Dawn will be quickly forgotten. I dont mind her, but her moaning did get on my nerves. Thought she said on her last show see you in a couple of weeks. I just assumed when she said this that she was going on another holiday.

Could the bottom be falling out of the "make your own card" market ?? Its been done to death for years now, and a lot of the products can be bought more cheaply elsewhere and everywhere now, especially in smaller quantities. Paying over 20 quid plus p & p for a card kit in these hardened times does not make for a cheap hobby anymore.

The craft shows are getting like the Northern Nights shows - exactly how many dye /die cutters or Mirri cards does a person need.

There are probably a few reasons why Dawn has upped sticks, but I bet sales figures could be a factor as well. Like another forumite has mentioned, why no flowers or big presentation like the going of Antony Hayward if she was going under her own steam - which begs the question, was she pushed ?

I've only caught the odd crafting show but I wish Dawn good luck. Sounds like she has had a difficult year and sometimes making a fresh start/shaking your life up a bit is the best way forward :mysmilie_378:

I won't miss her. I always thought she was a miserable so and so long before JJ jumped ship!

When you think about what some people are going through without moaning and grumbling all the time, you start to realise that Ms Bibby is rather self absorbed.

Yay, perhaps the new craft presenter will be nice and smiley and not "woe woe and thrice woe" like that soothsayer that used to appear on Up Pompei telling everyone the end of the world was nigh (lol).

update

Hello everyone,
Thank you for all your messages of support and concern. I know you have all been waiting to hear from me personally.
Well, as you know I have left QVC and am on to pastures new.
This has been a very long and hard decision for me to make after 18 years in one place.
I have loved my role at QVC and relished every moment however things change and people change. It is time for a new adventure for me. I had hoped to continue and work until the 1st of July however the decision has been taken out of my control.
I can confirm I am in discussions with Create and Craft.
I believe Create and Craft are fully embracing the craft industry. They are focused on this industry and have demonstrated that they are taking crafting on tv to the next level and I am thoroughly excited at the prospect.
As you all know Craft is my life and my passion and all I ever wanted to do was share that with everyone else.
I will of course update you all as soon as there is any more news, for now as planned I am having a little break and spring cleaning my home.
I will of course miss all of my QVC presenter friends and work colleagues. There has been much fun, laughter and tears over the years and I would like to thank all of them for their friendship, support and love they have shown to me.
I also would like to say a huge thank you to all of you reading this ! Thank you for the incredible support and love you have shown me over the years I really appreciate it. It's been an incredible rollercoaster ride - one of which I'm not about to get off just yet!
The next ride will start shortly so watch this space.....
Much love
Dawn

There are probably a few reasons why Dawn has upped sticks, but I bet sales figures could be a factor as well. Like another forumite has mentioned, why no flowers or big presentation like the going of Antony Hayward if she was going under her own steam - which begs the question, was she pushed ?

In talks with C&C, looks like she was pushed as well. She's just posted a blog.

Latest posts

Back