Dawn Bibby leaves QVC after 18 years

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, they don't say why (of course), but QVC have posted this on her blog:

We are sorry to say that Dawn has left QVC

Hi everyone, we are sorry to let you know that Dawn has left QVC. We want to thank her for all her hard work and dedication to QVC’s craft offering.

Our other favourite guests will still be on air and online so keep tuning in. We're very excited to be introducing new categories of crafting later on this year and will be giving you details of these new shows soon.

I'm very ham-fisted at crafting, my greatest achievements being in cross stitch with a few very dodgy knitting projects, most notably a sweater originally intended for hubby, then destined for daughter, and finally ending up on a large teddy! I can't think of a worse torture than trying to make greeting cards.

But - I would really be interested if anyone came up with a complete bead stringing and knotting guide. I've had some pearls re-knotted and it cost about £60! Any expert advice welcome. Thanks

Bea, Create & Craft have been doing beading shows mainly on weekend mornings, not sure if they will help as I'm a paper crafter ( as according to the other thread it's so easy - ahem).

I hope Dawn doesn't join Create and Craft as I much prefer Leonie and Stephanie's way of presenting and having Dawn would ruin it. The crafting shows on Ideal World and Create and Craft are more fun to watch and the presenters and guests are more down to earth and have a good laugh.

On the other hand I wish her all the best in what she does next.

Good Ridence - i really can't stand Dawn (Biddy) Bibby.
She lost the plot when her Hubby left her.

I'm very ham-fisted at crafting, my greatest achievements being in cross stitch with a few very dodgy knitting projects, most notably a sweater originally intended for hubby, then destined for daughter, and finally ending up on a large teddy! I can't think of a worse torture than trying to make greeting cards.

But - I would really be interested if anyone came up with a complete bead stringing and knotting guide. I've had some pearls re-knotted and it cost about £60! Any expert advice welcome. Thanks

1. take bead and string
2. thread string through bead
3. tie knot

et voila! easy peasy and ive never even done it! still it cant be THAT hard.

now... i hear there's a vacancy as a craft expert at QVC..... :hi:

I'm not a crafter,so why should I care lol,but doesn't she have a shop? Will she carry on with her crafts and shops,or is she leaving it altogether

I didn't start this thread so everyone could slag Dawn off in such a personal way, but you are of course, welcome to your opinion, it is a forum after all.

I agree, it's uncalled for. I'm not a fan and I think she brings a lot of it on herself by her manner and the way she acts, but I genuinely wish her well as I would anyone who leaves for pastures new. I do hope though, that we can look forward to some more diverse crafts and an injection of new blood, Amy would send a glass eye to sleep.:cheeky:

you need bead silk (not too pricey) and a mandrel (fine knitting needle will do) and thread a pearl then make a knot put the needle into the knot and slide it up tight to the bead, if done really well will last forever and to do it bang on is a skill!!
I've had a few goes but nowhere near a pro...........will keep practising......

What makes me laugh about the QVC announcement is that they say they will carry on with all the other favourite guests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So who would they be?
Rosemary Merry-GONE
Nancy Hill DCWV-products there but she can't appear.
Megan from K & Co-never on
Paula Pascual-never on any more
So who are these other popular guests? Amy????? I think not-and is she staying or going? time will tell.
Caroline is good but infrequent. Julie Hickey was good.
QVChave lost the plot-in the words of a member of craft telly forum (ROC, I think) the heart has gone out of craft on QVC!

1. take bead and string
2. thread string through bead
3. tie knot

et voila! easy peasy and ive never even done it! still it cant be THAT hard.

now... i hear there's a vacancy as a craft expert at QVC..... :hi:

There had a lady on doing just that a couple of days ago, but minus the knots. Didn't seem to be much skill involved there other than very cleverly dreaming up some astonishing price tags. Get your cv in the post BurlZ and we'll all tune in and phone in and maybe even buy something (although the money back guarantee might come into play!) You could become essential viewing!

Does seem abrupt rainbowdottie. I wonder if it's just that dawn's crafting is not bringing in the money and crafters who're into her style of crafting are going over to ideal world? (Not a crafter myself, but crafters over on ideal world seem to do stuff that's similar to dawn stuff and people seem to like the down to earth style of presenting for that too.)

Has been ages since I have seen a show with Dawn. Back then she was all loved up with JJ, had her own shop and QVC but was as miserable as sin. She spent most of the hour moaning how tired she was and how early she had to get up and I thought then if she can't be happy now she will never be. What a way to get dumped not nice and how did all the details end up public knowledge?

Surprised she is going ......seemed to thrive on being in the 'limelight' :dull: I won't miss her - or her ego :talking:

I haven't read the quote on the blog but it definately seems very sudden. You would expect if she was going to pastures new eg say moving abroad as we know she can't cope if she hasn't been abroad each month but this sounds like a sharp exit. If she was leaving becuase as I said moving or retiring we'd have the big bouqet of flowers presented and soppy words from the presenters. This sounds like either:

1) She moving channels (and like any firm they'd want to get shot of you asap if you were going into competition or
2) Theres been a fall out.....

Can't say I'm too bothered. She did get me into crafting too but her shows lately don't teach you anything its just one long sell.....

What will selling the business too she must have something in the pipeline

Perhaps she is going off to be Tim Holtz's number 1 fan...

Sorry...and another thing....

If it means that we have to endure more Amy I will go as far as self harming with my Martha Stewart punches. That women and her childish voice.......

Also, have I missed something...?? Why has Rosemerry left??? Is there a reason??

Has been ages since I have seen a show with Dawn. Back then she was all loved up with JJ, had her own shop and QVC but was as miserable as sin. She spent most of the hour moaning how tired she was and how early she had to get up and I thought then if she can't be happy now she will never be. What a way to get dumped not nice and how did all the details end up public knowledge?

the silly moo blogged most of it, up to the point of realising he wasn't coming back at which point she started blogging about what a "terribly difficult time" she was having. she's done herself no favours to be honest.

i have to say i'm surprised there isnt more of an outpouring of grief here, i thought she was more popular.

I wish her well but I am not sorry she has gone she always wore an expression that would turn milk sour and for petes sake you would think she was the only one in the universe that worked hard. For me the icing on the cake would have been if Richard Jackson had stowed away with her.

There had a lady on doing just that a couple of days ago, but minus the knots. Didn't seem to be much skill involved there other than very cleverly dreaming up some astonishing price tags. Get your cv in the post BurlZ and we'll all tune in and phone in and maybe even buy something (although the money back guarantee might come into play!) You could become essential viewing!

being totally serious i saw what must have been Dawny's last show the other day and the crap she was coming up with would suggest that your idea may not be that far fetched! nasty cards with birdcages and cut outs of budgies plonked on them. maybe her heart wasnt in it.
i used to sort of know Barry of "Alan and Barry" (only enough to have a chat with in the pub, and he once tried to put his.... never mind) and they started by doing the rounds of summer festivals flogging glass trinkets on the market stalls. next thing i knew they were on ideal world talking about ****** decoupage as if they knew something about it! :giggle:

i'd LOVE to go on QVC and demo something. i want to do a debbie flint and point to the "L".

Latest posts

Back