ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

David Austin Set of 5 Bare Root Old English Rose Varieties
Item Number: 560898
QVC Price £36.00
Super Bargain Price £29.74
Availability In stock
UK P&P £4.95

The renowned David Austin nursery has blended the romantic beauty and fragrance of traditional tea roses with the disease resistance and repeat flowering of modern blooms to create these stunning new varieties. Delivered as five bare roots, you'll receive one each of Molineux (pale buttery yellow), Wildeve (pastel pink), Pat Austin (juicy orange), Port Sunlight (soft peach) and Winchester Cathedral (pure white). Direct despatch: UK only. Please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery.

David Austin roses cost around £13 each from garden centres so I think they are a good buy.
I have bought some and also have just received two lots of bare roots I ordered a couple of weeks ago.

I've just had a nosey on the David Austin website and they're around a tenner each so it seems a good buy.

Think I might pop up to the nursery and have a nose round, as they aren't far from me. Seems like a good price if you aren't local.

These do indeed sound good value but after the bad back I had for a fortnight last year after digging the holes for the set of four I bought from QVC I think I'll stick to planting my peas this time!

david austen roses are the best but a little tip sometimes in sainsburys you can buy them in small pots. they are not the newest varieties but i bought one last year for 2.99 and its put on some serious growth.

I can get bare roots roses from an award winning rose grower who has a Royal Warrant for about £6-7
so not sure whats so special about David Austin and why he can charge around £13

because they are special varieties. Big flowers, fabulous scent and disease resistant

It was a good price and last week I bought 2 off the DA site because I wanted 2 different ones rather than the 3 of a kind they were offering at that time. Also quite a few had sold out. Along with some rose food (£3) I paid nearly the same for 2 roses as they are offering the 5.

Just one of thos things, and I am really looking forward to receiving my 2.

Latest posts

Back