Dannii Minogue Petite Fashion TSV 8/3/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am size 3 and remember being told in a shoe shop they only get a few size 3 in, and they sell out really quickly.

I am petite 5ft 1 and half inches and my bug bear is trying to get jeans or trousers. For some unknown reason a few years back short went from 27-28 in side leg to suddenly 29 or even 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The jeans I can buy are straight and take them up. M&S did a great jean Harper cigarette length now they have discontinued them. Oh, and sleeve length, ****** hell everything comes belong my hands.

I am size 3 and remember being told in a shoe shop they only get a few size 3 in, and they sell out really quickly.

I am petite 5ft 1 and half inches and my bug bear is trying to get jeans or trousers. For some unknown reason a few years back short went from 27-28 in side leg to suddenly 29 or even 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The jeans I can buy are straight and take them up. M&S did a great jean Harper cigarette length now they have discontinued them. Oh, and sleeve length, ****** hell everything comes belong my hands.
People often think when you`re tall that the only issue is with the length of clothing but not so. Yes trousers are often too short and so are many dresses and skirts but waistlines tend to sit in the wrong place, sleeves are half mast , darts sit on top of the bust instead of under the bust, shoulders are frequently too narrow and buttons line up in the wrong place on items such as blouses or jackets. I once ordered a double breasted blazer and when I tried it on there were 2 gold buttons which sat perfectly where my nipples were and resembled those glitzy nipple tassles strippers wear. Obviously the blazer was returned. I buy midi dresses which on me sit more or less on or just below my knee but on other people they`d be calf length and as a size 8 shoe and needing an E fitting my choices are often limited not to mention higher priced.

The problem, despite fit model Rene‘s rabbiting, clothes manufacturers idea of different sizes is just putting more/less material without thinking of the overall cut and shape.

Plus size lines think that everyone over 18 is over 6ft tall. Model Claire is a good example and if they had a proper range where she looked good, as I’m sure she probably does in her own clothes, i believe it would be a good seller.

Exactly ! poor Claire has to suffer the indignities of wearing clothes where the sleeves are below her hands, trousers are too tight on her thighs and are too long, and tops sit on her bum at the back. She really must grit her teeth when she sees herself in the mirror, and hope her friends and family aren't watching.

petite & tall in most ranges on Q just dont justify the air time its why they focus on the regular size 99% of it
And yet these are the people who struggle the most to get a good choice of well-fitting clothes. Q would rather just go for the easy target, where there is the most competition.

Frankly, the best way to get properly fitted, flattering clothes is to be handy at dress-making. I wish I had that gift!

Dannii’s range will be no good for me anyway, at 5’8” tall. Selling a range already in Target, of all places, cuts no ice with me. This is simply Q looking for “biggish” names who will lend their names to Q to appeal to the section of their customer base who care about slebs.

Last edited:
There's a lot of women out there that are shaped like model Claire and a lot of them are shorter. Surely someone can come up with something that's smart, stylish and comfortable and isn't covered in all those hideous patterns we see from NL/Antthony/Renee and often Kim & Co. No larger lady wants to wear all those sofa cover type things or tents.

CC

There's a lot of women out there that are shaped like model Claire and a lot of them are shorter. Surely someone can come up with something that's smart, stylish and comfortable and isn't covered in all those hideous patterns we see from NL/Antthony/Renee and often Kim & Co. No larger lady wants to wear all those sofa cover type things or tents.

CC
Claire has a lovely face. All you need at any size is good undergarments, and I DON'T mean trussed like a turkey shapewear .. and well cut, properly fitted clothes on top, simple.

what size is she and how tall...the clothes she in usually are too tight across the bust and tight across the hips

CC

Hear hear! I’m sick of seeing the girl being sent out in I’ll fitting clothes that cling and strain,pale pink leggings, sofa patterns fgs I’m sure they can try a bit harder and find her something that actually fits her properly. Flattering is a bigger ask as most of the ranges flatter nobody. But if you’re a lady of her proportions I very much doubt if you’re looking to make yourself look even bigger, or that you’re looking for a tent to hide in. Sod the petite ranges how about sourcing some lovely clothing for the plus sized customer- designed to flatter, enhance etc and what’s more not be as frumpy as hell- too much to ask me thinks. All this one style suits all needs to go- cause it doesn’t!

There is a picture of her and Kylie shopping in Louis Vuitton, in Australia, today so I wonder if this stuff will be up to that standard! And given Australia's very strict border controls, I cant see her coming over either. So I wonder if she will be on Skype or will she have a BA?

Latest posts

Back