Dame Alison

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Just tuned in to see a close up of Alison doing the Elemis hour.
Gosh she's getting more like

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2008/09/13/bar460.jpg

She in her own words needs a make over of her makeup.
Not to mention her total image looks like she's wearing a nightie with longjohns.

The other night she had on a ruffle dress, ruffle cardigan thick tights and emu boots.
Think QVC should get her in the beauty therapist uniform as the own clothing look is not working.

:tongue:

She certainly wears some odd outfits. Was she channelling an oriental peasant/refugee look ?

I agree that her makeup aint great. She seems particularly fond of something shiny and puce-coloured that she uses around the actual cheek area which is very unnatural looking and gives her a feverish unhealthy look. I guess she suffers from product overload and the desire to be at the cutting edge. Just as people with more money than sense can end up as fashion victims, she can sometimes be a makeup victim. She has her fashion faux pas too but her reputation rests on her face and it shouldn't have people wondering what's wrong with her!

I am sure she has said in the past that she works as a "make-up artist"!!!!!! God help the people she transforms.

I agree that her makeup aint great. She seems particularly fond of something shiny and puce-coloured that she uses around the actual cheek area which is very unnatural looking and gives her a feverish unhealthy look. I guess she suffers from product overload and the desire to be at the cutting edge. Just as people with more money than sense can end up as fashion victims, she can sometimes be a makeup victim. She has her fashion faux pas too but her reputation rests on her face and it shouldn't have people wondering what's wrong with her!

She's said in the past that, before she goes on air, she tops her make-up up with one of the BE products. I can't remember which one it was now, some sort of brightening powder. If you ask me, it makes her look like she got cosmetic advice from Morticia Addams.

I think she is using emballming fluid! I find her insufferable, and her CV seems to grow all the time. She is a sales woman who used to be a beauty therapist but she isn't immune to the ageing process.

when it was her anniversary last month and they showed old clips the change was staggering i know we all change as we get older but it made her look a bit more dishevelled

I recommend Alison takes a nice holiday,leaves the sun hat and umbrella at home,puts her bikini on and gets herself a nice tan....it'll take years off her!
Sorry to burst her bubble but she is looking old, tired and pastily unhealthy!

All things in moderation mi dear!

We get our just deserts...

A friend of mine once told me a saying from Finland, where she came from...after 40 we get the face we deserve. In other words, your personality shows on your face. I like to think I look kind and friendly (although a bit saggy and baggy). Alison looks like she's had a lot of hard living under her belt, as long as she's enjoyed it, that's the main thing :rock:

Quite like Alison - she has quite a dry sense of humour and is not so plasticky like some eg Simon Biaggi. He is so dull and smarmy.

Her make-up is weird, she looks very shiny. However, I think her skin is good.

She is a better advertisement for skin and make up than Keeley and Fiona. I find it incredible that those two are promoting skincare and beauty. They are not glamorous in the least and don't have special skin.

I look at the guests. They have access to all these fab products, but if they can't manage to look good, what does that say about the efficacity of the goods.

My usual mandra

NOTHING THAT COMES OUT OF A POT BOUGHT OVER THE COUNTER WILL STOP WRINKLES.

If people expect beauty therapists to be the flawless things you see on TV and magazine ads they are living in the Land of Make Believe.

Trouble is we are so used to seeing Kylie, Cheryl or whoever photoshopped and airbrushed to the max we think well if we use X or Y that is what will happen.

Keeley and Fiona look fine for their ages normal women with no botox or fillers in their faces.

Alison Young has now unfortunately got to the stage of being totally clueless at apply makeup. She bangs on about people being stuck in a rut makeup wise, she should look at herself. The only time she looks good is usually when someone from Smashbox or Bobbi Brown has done her makeup for that show. AY goes for the heavy black eyeliner all round the eye which actually makes her look older, you can get away with that look in your teens or twenties perhaps early thirties. Then it has to go softer and lighter say a nice mid brown. Julia Roberts is older than Alison yet she gets it right, when was the last time on here we actually commented on her makeup and how awful it looked on her? The over use of shimmer by Alison is also not a good look, hell I remember her years ago saying. Oh as you get older pick one part of your face to highlight top of cheekbones perhaps brow bones. She still goes for the full cheeks etc.

My usual mandra

NOTHING THAT COMES OUT OF A POT BOUGHT OVER THE COUNTER WILL STOP WRINKLES.

If people expect beauty therapists to be the flawless things you see on TV and magazine ads they are living in the Land of Make Believe.

Trouble is we are so used to seeing Kylie, Cheryl or whoever photoshopped and airbrushed to the max we think well if we use X or Y that is what will happen.

Keeley and Fiona look fine for their ages normal women with no botox or fillers in their faces.

Alison Young has now unfortunately got to the stage of being totally clueless at apply makeup. She bangs on about people being stuck in a rut makeup wise, she should look at herself. The only time she looks good is usually when someone from Smashbox or Bobbi Brown has done her makeup for that show. AY goes for the heavy black eyeliner all round the eye which actually makes her look older, you can get away with that look in your teens or twenties perhaps early thirties. Then it has to go softer and lighter say a nice mid brown. Julia Roberts is older than Alison yet she gets it right, when was the last time on here we actually commented on her makeup and how awful it looked on her? The over use of shimmer by Alison is also not a good look, hell I remember her years ago saying. Oh as you get older pick one part of your face to highlight top of cheekbones perhaps brow bones. She still goes for the full cheeks etc.

no, both of those ladies are doing the DIY version of fillers. i can recommend it for smoothing out wrinkles. more chips with that burger?:mysmilie_488:

I agree that Alison wears the most awful combination of clothing and seems to do it consistently!! We all have made/make mistakes but she, more often than not, looks as if she has chosen her clothes out of a dressing up basket. In the dark. How can she never get it right? It isn't as if she has any evident figure problems is it?

Facially she can look lovely and sometimes less so, just like the rest of us BUT that is no excuse for make-up application mistakes. Considering that she has access to many brands and many artists she often looks over cooked in the "cheek area". I can understand a newcomer making a mistake with make-up the very first time on air BUT after all these years she should know what looks good and what doesn't and, considering that she has the reputation for "picking" on follow presenters and telling them what to change, she really needs to take a look at herself.

I agree that Alison wears the most awful combination of clothing and seems to do it consistently!! We all have made/make mistakes but she, more often than not, looks as if she has chosen her clothes out of a dressing up basket. In the dark. How can she never get it right? It isn't as if she has any evident figure problems is it?

Facially she can look lovely and sometimes less so, just like the rest of us BUT that is no excuse for make-up application mistakes. Considering that she has access to many brands and many artists she often looks over cooked in the "cheek area". I can understand a newcomer making a mistake with make-up the very first time on air BUT after all these years she should know what looks good and what doesn't and, considering that she has the reputation for "picking" on follow presenters and telling them what to change, she really needs to take a look at herself.

I completely agree with you Almerinda, far be it from me to criticise someone's dress sense (I am frequently seen shopping in Tesco doing my best impression of a bag lady.....) BUT if I was a TV presenter and it was my job to sell beauty products and make-up, then I would do my utmost to make sure I looked my best on screen.

There is no excuse for AY, she has a great figure and I think she has lovely skin, as in not suffering from any blemishes or skin probs that she needs to apply make-up with a trowel to cover up.

All she needs is a decent stylist (NOT GLEN!!!) to sort out her wardrobe, and a light application of fake tan and/or bronzer on the facial area - QVC sell plenty of them and I have seen her wearing Smashbox Halo Bronzer when Nina was over and it made all the difference.

I think a lot of the problem is she is just too deathly white (my mum who is an intermittent QVC watcher refers to her as the ghost!). Fully appreciate she does not want to sunbathe, I am the same myself, but she needs something to take the edge of the whiteness as it just makes her look unhealthy and the rest of her make-up looks overdone. If she wants to keep the English rose/porcelain look then the rest of the slap needs to be toned down.

Latest posts

Back