Dale seems to be struggling with his numbers this evening

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moissanite and diamonoque are completely different materials (I have both).

On the other hand, natural diamonds and lab-grown diamonds are exactly the same, except that lab grown will be better in not having occlusions. But I don't have either so can't compare them.

But there seems to be a certain amount of snobbery about having a natural or lab diamond. Notice I said natural diamond, not real diamond, as they are both real diamonds.

DISCUSS LOL

Moissanite and diamonoque are completely different materials (I have both).

On the other hand, natural diamonds and lab-grown diamonds are exactly the same, except that lab grown will be better in not having occlusions. But I don't have either so can't compare them.

But there seems to be a certain amount of snobbery about having a natural or lab diamond. Notice I said natural diamond, not real diamond, as they are both real diamonds.

DISCUSS LOL

And an afterthought, any gold you have has not "come out of the ground" but will be made out of other people's old gold which has been melted down and recycled.

Yes, it came out of the ground originally, but virtually all gold items have been recycled.

I can only comment on natural diamonds, moissanite and diamonique.

They do all look different and they do all have their place. My engagement ring is an old cut solitaire and it looks very different to my moissanite and diamonique. I have more than enough and so don’t need to add to my selection with expensive lab diamonds. For me created does not have the same magic as as old, natural diamond.

I have always prefered coloured stones, I do own a few Diamonique in 14ct from years back still look excellent. Would I buy real diamonds? No. Give me Amtheyst, Aquamarines, pink sapphires, rubies, emeralds any day

Many people do not want real diamonds in case they are blood diamonds Also how the workers who dig them out are treated.

Mine is an antique mined way before 1970 so pleased to say not a blood diamond though it does have to be a consideration these days.
Like you Donna, I love coloured gems too but i can’t see myself buying any more. I am at the stage where I am thinking of distributing them to my daughters and grandchildren.

And an afterthought, any gold you have has not "come out of the ground" but will be made out of other people's old gold which has been melted down and recycled.

Yes, it came out of the ground originally, but virtually all gold items have been recycled.

All the gold in the world:

3.27 swimming pools would hold the entire global supply of gold, which some argue is the entire amount of gold mined since before the Egyptians began mining gold before 2000 BC.

That would make TRILLIONS of QVC wafer-thin hollowed out gold rings.

There’s something new on the way - diamonds made from air. Bet qvc would have loved the patent on that. Magic money!
Your post reminded me of a day trip I had visiting the Coronation Street set, I think it was in the 90s. We had such a great day ending up in the souvenir shop. One of my children wanted a Rovers Return/ Newton and Ridley beer can filled with what they claimed was Rovers Return AIR! Yes, I did buy it for her!

The last piece of jewellery I bought was from Pilgrim a pair of earrings I just loved. Gold-tone drops with rose quartz. My local HOF had no staff at the counter and no one had the key to open the cabinet,! So I ordered directly from Pilgram in Demark, got free shipping and lovely packaging. Oh, and they came tracked and very fast shipping too.

Decades later I am still wearing QVC jewellery. Diamonds and Diamonique set in gold that I never take of unless its to clean t then back on it goes. Even the plated stuff gold over silver wear them never take them off for months at a time still look good after years. I don't buy much now partly bacuse I dont need anything!
Same here, I love my Diamonique.

Latest posts

Back