Dale Loses His Rag With Caller On 7pm Show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Did anyone catch the presentation of http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...10152&keyword=502574&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

Seems like a silly someone had got sight of the mobiles number and kept ringing Hannah during her presentation.
They found it so difficult to show the phones features Dale wasn't happy at all he asked the caller to stop.
When the calls continued Dale raised his voice and could be seen shaking his head.
He asked for the sim card to be taken out, settling with it put in flight mode.

I know Hannah usually does the True call hello it's Hannah demo, but she did very well indeed to keep going throughout showing the features of the phone.

Yeah I saw that,and Hannah dealt with it well.Dale being the pillock that he is,drew attention to it and that must have made the pratt calling want to do it more. I have no time for him at the best of times ,let alone the worst.I understand that it was annoying but he made it far worse and drew attention to it.I could always tell the guy had a nasty side to him.

Dammit, I always miss the interesting stuff - I was swapping between La Vuelta & Doctor Who.....typical! :tongue: :grin:

Never mind.I'm suire something exciting will happen at QVC soon. Nothing happens in 17 years and then all of a sudden ,..whammm... one bit of excitement on the trot. I had to go and meditate I got so wound up.

Tried to get on the webpage but no good, wonder if Q has removed it?

I should hope they have. Why should they help this silly 'caller' get any more attention?

I didn't see the incident, but it wouldn't be Dale I'd be criticising. What's he supposed to do? His job is to help present the item. The fool who kept calling in needs to get a hobby.

V boxed the show for Matt's photographic tips for my A level art student daughter who quickly said, "Hannah should have True Call zapped the caller."
"We are not interested in your call please hang up and do not call again."

:giggle:

The problem with Dale Frankin is that he only thinks something is funny if it comes out of his own mouth. Ok, it's a disruptive/silly thing to do, but there is a funny side to it, and playing to that would be more appropriate than getting stroppy. It's probably one of the most interesting things ever to happen on one of dales shows, the boring old fart should be grateful someone was watching

The funny thing was I'm sure it could have been Julian in the previous hour saying he'd taken over from one of Dale's shows, saying he'd got loads of phone calls/ texts.

:giggle:

The problem with Dale Frankin is that he only thinks something is funny if it comes out of his own mouth.

This struck me during the Gem Day Grand Finale with Dale and the model Catherine (Katherine?). There was no co-presenter because Catherine is pretty much one herself - she's bright and funny and articulate. Dale was doing the usual heavy-handed 'witty' stuff, to which Catherine was obviously supposed to play the straight guy. But every time she made a funny riposte herself, there was a blank silence from Dale. I don't think he knew how to deal with someone else's humour.

I'd have enjoyed it more if they'd slid Dale out of the picture and left Catherine to do the presenting.

Well he comes from a showbiz background. His father was radio star Derek franklin dontcha know..... Yes thats Derek franklin.... Radio star? Yes? No.... Me neither.

His mum Pat on the other hand was one of the Wrigleys Doublemint Twins. Now we ALL know who they were don't we! And if not here's a reminder....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXDZPwzH5dc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No wonder he's a bit strange.

Not very good 'product placement' on that ad Burlz, are you sure it's for gum......? (I think you may wish to double check that link?)............:mysmilie_466: :mysmilie_506: :mysmilie_17:

Last edited:
If that is indeed his mum then yes it is definately no wonder hes a bit strange!!!!!

or was it a deliberate mistake:happy:

Well he comes from a showbiz background. His father was radio star Derek franklin dontcha know..... Yes thats Derek franklin.... Radio star? Yes? No.... Me neither.

His mum Pat on the other hand was one of the Wrigleys Doublemint Twins. Now we ALL know who they were don't we! And if not here's a reminder....

Oh you"ve gotta be kidding. That couldn"t be his mum. Must be another set of Doublemint Twins :whew:

The problem with Dale Frankin is that he only thinks something is funny if it comes out of his own mouth. Ok, it's a disruptive/silly thing to do, but there is a funny side to it, and playing to that would be more appropriate than getting stroppy. It's probably one of the most interesting things ever to happen on one of dales shows, the boring old fart should be grateful someone was watching

You said it.Bang on!!

Have never liked Dale. He is much too pleased with himself. His presentations are corny, smarmy, patronising and insincere. I bet he thinks all the housewives adore him. I loathe his phoney self-deprecation eg his fat fingers - how they don't show a ring off to its best. He goes on and on about them. We don't care, we are looking at the ring not your stupid hands. Narcissist.

I should hope they have. Why should they help this silly 'caller' get any more attention?

I didn't see the incident, but it wouldn't be Dale I'd be criticising. What's he supposed to do? His job is to help present the item. The fool who kept calling in needs to get a hobby.

The fact of the matter is that if he didn't open his big gob and start pulling faces,I for one would have never been any the wiser that somebody was pranking them.The dark haired woman handled it perfectly.He's a smug ........

Latest posts

Back