Cutbacks - who goes?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
So here's the deal. QVC need to cut back on presenter costs and employ you as hatchet woman/man to do the deed. Ok it's not pleasant but you're getting paid sh*tloads and let's face it, who is better qualified given the hours you've put in to watching them? You have to sack three to meet your target.

So just grow a pair and get on with it....this is business.

The three I'd be walking to the door are:
Dale Franklin - way past sell by date
Charlie Brook - icky
Anna Thingy - see? I don even know her surname.

Over to you... It's presenters not guests please (For now!) and Glenn C and Richard J are not presenters!

So you're sacking her? Ok, two more..... Who else are you putting out of a job?

If you fail to meet your target YOU get the sack!

Def Anna, Carmel and Craig
question is how can I drag this lengthy decision out for a month toi justify hugh pay and bonus?

Jill franks (me me me or what)
Julia roberts (bet she's a right diva, certainly gives that impression)
Carmel whatever her last name is (does nothing for me at all)
I always turn off if JF is on, can tolerate Julia if I'm in the mood haven't warned to Carmel whatsoever
For my bonus sacking (for meeting my target) it will be Craig Rowe, if that's their best choice from customer competition then they should be sacked too.

There is no bonus for over achieving your target. Sacking more than 3 will just make the bosses give you an even tougher target next time. Keep any extras in your back pocket... for now!

I would have no trouble choosing three:

Craig - can't stand him and actually turn off when he is presenting. He should never have won the 'fixed' competition.
Carmel - who on earth employed her in the first place
Alison Young - can't stand the shouting and talking over the guests who are trying to tell us about the products. Can only watch her with the sound off.

Do I get a bonus for sacking more as I could name several others?

There are a couple I would keep and give a pay rise to for working more hours. Julian and Alison Keenan are two of them.

Without a doubt, my number one choice would be JF!-absolutely cannot stand her. Number two on my hit list would be Simon Biagi-too enthusiastic about everything and number three would be Jilly Halliday-dull,dull,dull. That's my job safe then!

Without a doubt, my number one choice would be JF!-absolutely cannot stand her. Number two on my hit list would be Simon Biagi-too enthusiastic about everything and number three would be Jilly Halliday-dull,dull,dull. That's my job safe then!

For now.......!

You've cleverly chosen 3 top earners and therefore maximised savings. Well done.

Miss Piggy cos I don't like her
Smarmy cos I don't like him
Gobby cos I don't like her

Not very constructive reasoning I accept but I'm The Hatchet Woman and I'm doing it cos I CAN!! :nod: And it would be a rather pleasant task actually. :wink:

Miss Piggy cos I don't like her
Smarmy cos I don't like him
Gobby cos I don't like her

Not very constructive reasoning I accept but I'm The Hatchet Woman and I'm doing it cos I CAN!! :nod: And it would be a rather pleasant task actually. :wink:

See you at the tribunal!

At number one Clare "playschool" Sutton,fake patronising and more than a bit immature and silly.

Number 2 Charlie Boresby Brooks...so dull he could talk a glass eye to sleep.

Number 3 Julia Roberts..needs a break to rest her ego after all these years and she looks knackered most of the time,so off to Spain for a nice retirement!!

Catherine Huntley
because she thinks it is all about her rather than the product she's presenting.

Claire Sutton
Totally miscast, more suited to Children's TV

Dale Franklin
The original Mr Smarmypants, totally insincere just waiting out his days until he can retire.

Charlie would have to go. And, shamefully I would have to do it the cowards way by letter or text, as I really could not be in the same room as him, as he has one of those faces that once you'd slapped it once, you wouldn't be able to stop yourself.

Jill Franks would be number 2 on the list. but may have to tell her more than once to get the message through. Whereupon she would probably say "oh that's so clever, amazing"
And she'd still only realise she'd been fired, when she next turned up for work and her "pass" didn't work.

No.3 Another vote for Anna - "sorry love, but it just ain't happening. I'll hold me hands up, we made a mistake in hiring you."

Debbie Flint
Charlie Brooks
Jill Franks

These three I cannot watch, even if I'm really interested in the show.

Richard Jackson would have to go - he'd have to be involved in a freak accident with some Flower Power :angel: . I'd hate to imagine his payoff deal after working on QVC for so long!

Dale Franklin, after watching him last week selling a dress and trying to look interested this was enough to confirm he is paid TOO much! No man would ever do such a thing.

Bose guy, he can sod off with his candles and plastic pipe work.

Julia Roberts, ever since I've watched QVC I always thought she was THE 'Julia Roberts' from Pretty Woman. I could never take her seriously and always had in the back of my mind that Dale Franklin was Richard Gere. The thoughts that have passed through my mind over the years means I need a daily dose of Mind Bleach (TM).

Richard Jackson would have to go - he'd have to be involved in a freak accident with some Flower Power :angel: . I'd hate to imagine his payoff deal after working on QVC for so long!

Dale Franklin, after watching him last week selling a dress and trying to look interested this was enough to confirm he is paid TOO much! No man would ever do such a thing.

Bose guy, he can sod off with his candles and plastic pipe work.

Julia Roberts, ever since I've watched QVC I always thought she was THE 'Julia Roberts' from Pretty Woman. I could never take her seriously and always had in the back of my mind that Dale Franklin was Richard Gere. The thoughts that have passed through my mind over the years means I need a daily dose of Mind Bleach (TM).

So QVC are paying you sh*tloads and you haven't even read the brief properly. Suggest you revisit the paperwork to see who qualifies for the boot.