Customer Panel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

SparklyBarbs

Guest Shopper
I"ve been spending with QVC for maybe eight years, through the good times, when i was taken in and spent an absolute
fortune, to now when im now living more sensibly and budgeting. I"ve been invited to gardening events, jewellery events,
and although i didn"t realise it the creme de la creme, the Beauty Bash. Never went to any of them, but how do you get
picked for the Customer Panel, how do they choose. So come one out there, spill, have you ever been on the Customer
Panel. How cool would that be, to receive things use them, not pay for them , and then give your opinions :thinking:

been spending for about 20 years. like you, in the early days, a fortune. never been invited to anything.

Me too. Granted I buy almost nothing now apart from the odd TSV but I used to spend a fortune and have never been chosen for anything. The customer panel must be very carefully picked though, might even be employees. They wouldn't want someone ringing in saying "this is a load of cr*p", like I would if that was my honest opinion.

Time for me to come out of the closet, above the parapet or whatever.

I am on the customer panel.

I have been with QVC for about 14 yrs and had always wondered how people got on to the panel. Finally, thanks to my fellow forumite Art Deco, I now know. AD was invited to a diamonique event last year and very kindly asked me to go with her. They had forms there where you could register to be on it so I thought, 'Why not?' Had been on it a while and then got a letter asking if I still wanted to be on it and update info. Anyway, they send emails out to panel members asking if they want to try an item but that you have to be prepared to give feedback and speak on the TSV shows. They will only send you one item every 6 months or so if you are lucky.

Well, I had the Mayfair Manor topper from last week and spoke on air......I genuinely love the topper and think it's great so it wasn't an issue for me. Glad no-one on here made any remarks about my TV debut!!!

I now expect it will be a long time before I get the chance to try anything else, if at all, but hey it was great while it lasted!!

I have to ask, lg, if you hadn't liked the topper, would you have said so on air?

I have been with QVC for about 14 yrs and had always wondered how people got on to the panel. Finally, thanks to my fellow forumite Art Deco, I now know. AD was invited to a diamonique event last year and very kindly asked me to go with her. They had forms there where you could register to be on it so I thought, 'Why not?' Had been on it a while and then got a letter asking if I still wanted to be on it and update info. Anyway, they send emails out to panel members asking if they want to try an item but that you have to be prepared to give feedback and speak on the TSV shows. They will only send you one item every 6 months or so if you are lucky.

Well, I had the Mayfair Manor topper from last week and spoke on air......I genuinely love the topper and think it's great so it wasn't an issue for me. Glad no-one on here made any remarks about my TV debut!!!

I now expect it will be a long time before I get the chance to try anything else, if at all, but hey it was great while it lasted!!

I can confirm that Liz's televisual debut was fab, footage of it is currently sitting on my hard drive :giggle:. Henceforth I shall be acting as the agent for Lizgregs - star of stage, screen and QVC's Customer Panel. Ms Gregs is available for opening summer fetes and switching on illuminations in the North West region, for a humungous fee :cool:

I have a couple of light-bulbs need changing could you quote me a fee for LG, I can provide a chair to stand on and kitchen steps?

Jude xx

I have a couple of light-bulbs need changing could you quote me a fee for LG, I can provide a chair to stand on and kitchen steps?

Jude xx

:clapping: :rock:

Thanks for your enquiry Jude. Current rate of remuneration must exceed the price of a Mayfair Manor bed topper. If you find this acceptable I'll instruct my people to contact your people :call:

:giggle:

Hmmm! I've only got an old towel torn in half that the rabbit sleeps on; I'm not sure that'll cover the travel expenses down to the Sarf coast from Lancs.

Jude xx

i also think they monitor thier panel members and people they invite to events. a bit like how employers use facebook to check on employers lol

Yeah i think the idea is to get customers in at events, and see what they"re like, sort of vet them, and
if approved they can go on the panel. Not worth it if its only once every 6 months. And i"d have to be
honest :thinking:

I was invited to the DMQ event last Friday but in the end declined.Mainly because I thought with the Olympics travel to Chiswick would be difficult and I do not want to use the tube!
However I have signed up to an event in 'Good Houskeeping' mag to visit the Q studios in October.Although there is a fee there is more going on & a longer session ( that make it more worthwhile me making the journey to London) also I have time to work out how to get there 'overland'! Anyone else planning to go to this?

Funnily enough I was just thinking about this yesterday SB when I was watching the sandy bay candle show
and thought it was maybe for folks who gave lots of great reviews online or who had phoned in before to praise products.

I have been shopping with QVC for 13 years although a lot less in the last 2years
and had never been invited to an event
but was lucky to win tickets for the Beauty Bash in January
but didnt see anything about signing up for a panel
maybe I looked like an undesirable

I"ve been invited to the Beauty Bash a few times, didn"t go. too far for me, and expensive.
But after watching some of the clips it looks like good fun, plenty of advice and stalls.
Was the goody bag really a good goody bag Bluebell :cheeky:

Oh and just realised, it must have great to meet the faces you see on the television, and
chat to them, see what they"re really like

so if that's where it all started, how did AD get that invite??

Sorry for not replying to your extensive queries earlier but I have been soooooo busy all day, shopping on the dreaded high street, watching the Olympics and going out for tea - such are the demands on a QVC T-caller with celebrity status!!!

Burlz - yeah, I had to send my feedback a week before the airing and then got an email asking if I was prepared to come through as a caller and if so, what time would be best for me. I assume that I wouldn't have been asked to go through to the studio had I not liked the topper or given rubbish feedback. Having said that, there would have been nothing in reality to stop me saying it was ace, being a caller and then say it was crap. Reckon the call would have been cut off pretty smartish though!! Yes, I do get to keep the topper so I'm glad I offered to test it and was lucky enough to reply while they had the samples in stock.

Art Deco - thank you very much for being my agent for all bookings. Assume you are doing it for free as there has been no mention of payment!! Please also note that I will not do any promotional events that involve being nice or kissing kiddywinks, old people or pets. For any amount of remuneration. Never. Ever.

Janie - when I received the invite to the DMQ event I queried with QVC why I had been selected and they told me it was a random draw. Now, I've heard this before with regard to other things like money off vouchers and Easy Pay codes, none of which I've ever had in eight years of shopping with them. But in this instance I think it must have been true as I can think of no reason to invite me specifically, I haven't even bought that much DMQ over the years - probably less than ten items in total. I've never been a massive QVC shopper in general and though my spending has reduced in recent years it's probably only gone down by 20% from quite a small start, not enough to trigger them making efforts to win me back.

SparklyBarbs - I can confirm that there was no 'vetting process' for the Customer Panel on the day, there was simply a piece of paper on an unstaffed desk (quite a distance from where the crowds were gathered) where you could leave your name and details if you were interested in taking part. I can't think of any way the staff there could have linked a person they met and chatted with to a name on the sheet. I don't doubt that they checked people's accounts for shopping/return habits before contacting them later, but none of this was done on the day.

At the risk of sounding like a demented t-caller (the antithesis of Lizgregs :call:) I have to say that everyone we met on the day, from the buyers, to models, to presenters, was lovely. I was surprised by the total lack of hard sell and the warmth of all those present. I've always been a bit of cynic about the channel - they're a business first and foremost and that's how I continue to see them - but I can't deny it was a very enjoyable day which far exceeded my expectations.

Liz - I will of course act as your agent out of pure goodwill. I would never expect you to deal with small snivelling children (other than my own who has been asking to see 'his Liz' ever since your last postcard arrived :nod:)

Latest posts

Back