Customer Beauty Awards

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry to sound like a country bumpkin but what is PCMC when it is at home ?
Apart from being very expensive, well it must be if they are flogging it on Q
Well I was right about it being VERY VERY EXPENCIVE I have just looked it up on the website and at over £100 including p&p they must be joking.

Last edited:
They are featuring the runners up, I suppose to keep in with the other brands who sell on QVC.

PCMC, you can buy much cheaper on ebay especially after TSVs, people buy multi TSVs and sell products off. You usually get the 30mls size at £49 at around £20. You can use it on your neck and eyes as well as face. A little goes a long way.

I actually think Tova got the sympathy vote as she is a widow now. So many complaints about her perfume now. Anyway actually it is QVC who won, they own the Tova brand and she is just the face to front it. It was great to see LArtisan get second place.

Sorry to sound like a country bumpkin but what is PCMC when it is at home ?
Apart from being very expensive, well it must be if they are flogging it on Q
Well I was right about it being VERY VERY EXPENCIVE I have just looked it up on the website and at over £100 including p&p they must be joking.

Well here's one view:

Claims:
This revolutionary Anti-Ageing cream uses the Marine extract Padina Pavonica to transform the complexion in just over 2 weeks. Trials (lol) proved a 19% reduction in the appearance of wrinkle depth and up to 10% increase in hydration. Skin firmness and elasticity are dramatically increased, whilst providing superior free radical protection

Review:
Pro-Collagen Marine Cream is an exceptionally average moisturizer for normal to dry skin. The plant oils are a helpful addition and none of them are irritating, but their antioxidant potential and the potential of the algae and various plant extracts will be compromised due to jar packaging, which won’t keep them stable. Calling this “revolutionary” is akin to believing the technology revolution peaked with the invention of the light bulb!

Ingredients:
Water, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycerin, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil (Wheat), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba), Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Padina Pavonica Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Extract (Carrot), Porphyridium Cruentum Extract, Acacia Decurrens Absolute, Rosa Damascena Flower Absolute, Lecithin, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Polyacrylamide, Xanthan Gum, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Laureth-7, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol

Paula Begoun - Beautypedia
http://www.beautypedia.com/aboutUs.aspx

Last edited:
Fine for the winners but I don't use any of those products. In fact, none of the products I use and would have voted for were even nominated. The whole thing is a pointless PR exercise IMO. After all, these aren't influential industry awards are they. Does anyone outside of QVC actually care who wins?

It's hardly an honest representation of viewer opinion when half of what we use isn't there. Perhaps we should have our own ST Beauty Product Award event? As many industry types come here to read, we might actually make a difference! I, personally, would vote for Sarah Chapman Daily Defence, and L'occitane Immortelle, which I did have to buy elsewhere because QVC never have it in stock. I got a better price too ;) OPI won again? *yawn* That stuff doesn't work on my nails at all. I prefer the Perfect Formula, but, no, that wasn't there to be voted on. How can it be fair?

And what if you don't have or want internet access? How do you vote then?

Finally, this is going to sound like conspiracy theory, but I understand that the nominees were chosen by their 5-star reviews. We all know well how manipulated that review system is, so how can we trust what's been picked? For all we know, whoever is "round the back" could be accepting and rejecting reviews to skew the results.

Last edited:
Andrew Bagley will be crying into his pot of mela-togey-wotsit now that his eye cream has been knocked off its pedestal by Liz Earle. Hardly a Gatineau show went by without that tacky-looking award perched on the table next to him.

Dame Liz and her minions must be rubbing their hands with glee :wonder:

It's a vague unpublished figure which means they can pretty much nominate any product they like.

Jude xx

I saw a little bit of this show and thought it was just another way to flog stuff, but I did get to see Florian for the first time!!!

I found the over priced hairdryer amusing. They kept talking about what it does but didn't show you it actually doing it - they didn't even switch it on.

It was nice to hear Tova and Aly, quite rightly, made a big fuss over her.

It was an absolute farce, nearly a re run of last nights show. Seen Andrew couldnt
make it and sent his "therapist" instead. I imagine he was pretty upset :wonder:

Wonder if people would still use Liz Earle and vote for her products, if they realised
shes sold out to Avon, who agree to animal testing. I"m suprised at Liz Earle as
she started this company with her friend 19 years ago, and got it to where it is now
without animal testing, so why sell out to Avon.

Latest posts

Back