crafty clogau

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

njhsmee

Registered Shopper
I was keeping an eye on the clogau ltd edition tree of life ring,i cancelled my order as i had been waiting months for it to come back.Saw it in stock again the other day at an intro price of £426.12.....just gone back on site and the price has been hiked by nearly £20!!! and still saying intro priced!!
Looking through lots of other ones have gone up too.
I don't think i am going to bother as i thought it was quite expensive at £426.12 but to sneak it up to £443.40 just as they are going in to a TSV is outrageous!

I personally think its quite an over priced range for what it is......... Also after reading all the stuff about it on facebook not actually being made in wales and over in china or somewhere like that I wouldn't say it was that special or really stands up to all that dross they churn out when its on. Am sure someone else will come along and disagree with me. Also someone pointed out on facebook that qvc prices on cloggau aren't as good as the ones on cloggaus own website...... That famous buying power is where hmmmmmmm?

It isn't just Clogau.
I've noticed that the prices of several pieces of jewellery I liked have shot up. I did think it was the hike in gold prices. Some of the silver ones have gone up too, yet most are still on introductory price.

Only 9% of any item from this range is clogau gold. What is the justification, therefore, for them charging a premium for what is basically a 9ct piece of jewellery?

I have a gold cariad ring and love it - wear it every day.it was bought from the clogau website at a lower price than advertised at qvc.

I also have a charm and its terrible quality.So bad that I was tidying my bedroom today and came across it - and really nearly threw it away (but just couldn't do that to a piece of jewellery!)

I particularly wanted the cariad ring for personal reasons - not just because its clogau gold - although I do love lots of pieces in the range.I can't however afford them and I know any TSV is well out of my budget - so I don't get too excited about the TSV's.

I have seen in the past the tulip pendant on easy pay and I would quite like that piece.

I personally think its quite an over priced range for what it is......... Also after reading all the stuff about it on facebook not actually being made in wales and over in china or somewhere like that I wouldn't say it was that special or really stands up to all that dross they churn out when its on. Am sure someone else will come along and disagree with me. Also someone pointed out on facebook that qvc prices on cloggau aren't as good as the ones on cloggaus own website...... That famous buying power is where hmmmmmmm?

My daughter looked at this range in Samuels because I have always liked it but she was not very impressed with the quality. The rings she looked at, she said, were very lightweight and cheap feeling. Agree with the comments made and the actual Welsh gold amount in them is miniscule.

I love some of the Clogau styles but I don't think the quality is the same these days. It's definitely worth checking out Amazon as they often have some very good offers on this range, better than QVC that's for sure.

Latest posts

Back