Cosmetic Organiser by Lori Greiner TSV 11/05/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Many years ago I bought a 'proper' 50's style vanity case from Kipling - oval box with zip, and inset lid mirror with elasticated internal pockets. I had visions of me swanning through the airports aka Liz Taylor with all my luggage being carried by a porter and me clicking behind with my vanity case ! Huh ! in reality make-up gets shoved into the first handy wash bag, and the mirror is usually the shiny top of a moisturising pot !

Said vanity case is still brand new in the top of the wardrobe - what was I thinking ? these lovely bags have sadly been made redundant since the advent of the airline luggage restrictions, and too much of a faff to take on cruising holidays.

She does tend to lay claim to 'inventing' products that have been around for years. If she has the patents for all these things, then she should be a reclusive multi millionairess with no need to advertise on QVC !

Thanks to this thread I started cleaning my jewellery today, went to Argos got some jewellery cleaner.

Sure, this one and it works like magic and takes only two minutes and very easy to use. You dip in your jewellery and take it out after two minutes, I didn't have to use the cloth or the brush that come with it. I got my second tub today as the first one is getting weak.
I remember Q were selling something similar at around £18 called silver cleaner I think and it was somewhat blue or purple, this one is clear.
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2128722.htm

Sure, this one and it works like magic and takes only two minutes and very easy to use. You dip in your jewellery and take it out after two minutes, I didn't have to use the cloth or the brush that come with it. I got my second tub today as the first one is getting weak.
I remember Q were selling something similar at around £18 called silver cleaner I think and it was somewhat blue or purple, this one is clear.

Thank you - I remember using something similar some years ago.

2 Piece Complete Wardrobe Organiser Set by Lori Greiner
Item Number: 704221
QVC Price £33.00
Today's Special Value Price £26.76
P&P £5.95

Optimise the space in your wardrobe with this two-piece wardrobe organiser set from inventor and entrepreneur Lori Greiner, which conveniently hangs from the rail in your wardrobe and spins 360 degrees so you can store things front and back for extra capacity. This slim, vertical storage solution enables you to easily store, protect and see clothes, shoes and handbags at a glance - helping you to get maximum use from your wardrobe space.

360 degrees of organisation - with transparent pockets which allow you to see the contents at a quick glance and a 360 degree spin to easily access both sides, your clothes, shoes and handbags can be found instantly.

A place for everything - there are seven shelves for clothing, 30 pockets for shoes and 10 pockets for handbags to help create an easy and logical storage solution.

Contains:

1 x garment and shoe organiser
1 x handbag organiser

Colour options:

Pink
Green
White

Behind the brand
Starting her career in 1996 with an earring organiser, Lori Greiner has gone on to create hundreds of unique and innovative solutions to everyday problems. Her products are designed to make your life easier and more fun.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.704221

I see that the Luxury Deluxe cosmetic multi opening drawers has quite a mixed bag of reviews. I have an 'average' size bedroom with little room for a sit-down dressing table, so I assume those reviewers have ample work-top space in their bedrooms to allow for the opening footprint of this item. (I wish). We are all different in applying make-up, I tend to use the mirror next to the window in the bathroom, so I have daylight directly onto my face - or I could end up looking like Coco the clown when I go out !

I always use a silver cloth (it's a blue cloth which is impregnated with a cleaner which is soft and if you keep it sealed it lasts for years. It brings jewellery up beautifully and the best thing about it is that it's wonderful for getting into even filigree or tiny parts of chain etc.

However if you want a cheap cleaner and/or cleaning several pieces at once (or cleaning silver cutlery eg my teaspoon collection!) then use a silver bath....
Lay a sheet of aluminium foil in the base of the sink or washing up bowl. Cover with soda crystals (Dri-pak make sell huge bags for very little) then pour over hot water. Then you just place the silver onto the foil making sure it makes contact and after a couple of mins it will create a reaction which removes any tarnish :)
Works like magic ;)

you need the foil. i have done it with bicarbonate of soda. what you use to make gingerbread it reacts with the tin foil and the boiling water. watch the fumes

Biological laundry liquid is good for cleaning jewellery, especially costume jewellery which might be plated and have man made stones. Mix a cap full of bio liquid (has to be bio) with warm water in a small bowl and soak jewellery for 30 minutes, gently swish it around in the bowl then rinse in cold water. The bio liquid breaks down grease and loosens dirt same as it does on clothes and won`t damage the plating or plastic stones in costume jewellery because clothes quite often have plated or plastic buttons or adornments too.
PS I forgot to add if the stones in your costume jewellery are glued in then don`t soak, just swish in the water and bio liquid and only have the water warm and not hot.

My daughter had one when she was little to suspend her beany baby collection from the ceiling, I never thought of putting socks in it!

Latest posts

Back