cooks essentials tsv any ideas

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

boffy

Registered Shopper
would like to see whats availablei hope its some good pan sets not funny ovens i have a real one dont need a spare.

is this not pretty much the same tsv as the one a little while ago...i think it is the same pan, with the added plastic cover this time...the price is a little better, but it defeats the "for one day only one item at an incredibly low price"....or maybe it should start to say in brackets...(until the next time, or when it is in the sale as we could not shift enough of them, or if it is a oto etc etc)

yes i can see snoopy but didnt they do this one before. i am all of agahst. shock horror anther rubbish tsv.

has anyone tried cooks essentials. my daughter has a set but the pans are sooooooo small. most of them are the size of milk pans. reminds me of the northern night pillows that are 3" too small.

I have quite a few CE pans on the early ones the non stick was rubbish but ok on the later ones.I got a 5 pan set and don't have a problem with the size there is a good range of sizes,it's the 500 set.

do the long pot handles get hot. that puts me off getting the metal handled ones. thanks in advance for your help snoopy.

do the long pot handles get hot. that puts me off getting the metal handled ones. thanks in advance for your help snoopy.

I had a set with metal handles and they got really hot, I thought they were quite dangerous, but I have other cooks essentials and they are very good my favourite and most used one is the buffet pan,
as for the tsv I bought this ages ago and its a really big pan but I dont honestly think it cooks that much faster, its so big I use to cook my dog food in, its really handy for the large quantities (must just add when I say dog food my dogs have chicken thighs and mince and veg, when I'm doing it hubby always thinks its stew for him)

(must just add when I say dog food my dogs have chicken thighs and mince and veg, when I'm doing it hubby always thinks its stew for him)

Good heavens. Don't tell my dogs. They think being a good cook means you're fast with the tin-opener...

thanks snoopy i will order a set i am fed up with washing my french sat iron set. enough is enough.

loopy lo and all you mad forum members can you stop making me laugh so much. dog food and stew its too much for me pleeeeaaassssseee

This is a smaller version of 827243, have a look at the reviews. There has been so much mis-selling of this pot by QVC. It is a LOW-PRESSURE COOKER, and only cooks a little bit quicker than a normal casserole. Why do you think you can take the lid off during cooking, which, they tout triumphantly, you can't do with other pressure cookers? Because it's not a pressure cooker, dumbkopf :mad:

I've got the large one, bought from eBay for £21 including P&P, and it's mainly being used as a normal saucepan/casserole, it's a bit cumbersome compared to a normal pan.

QVC-US doesn't even sell it any more, if they ever did. I reckon they've off-loaded their stock onto us duffers in the UK.

Having said all that, I reckon the smaller TSV version would be useful for a small family and more user-friendly cos it's lighter, obviously.

clemenzina...

... who is in an extremely fractious mood, having at one moment been puffing happily on an e-cig that was performing so well that she even put a piece of tape on the atomiser to distinguish it from less well performing ones - and the next moment it was lost :mad: I've looked everywhere :confused: :(

I mis-typed the item number as 827423 but seeing what that is & the 1 review that is listed, I am sure those of you with dogs will be putting an order in....

Did wonder about listing this under a Michelle Hope thread.

PS I'm new to this & hope I haven't offended anyone - your QVC comments have had me in stitches for weeks.

Oh 'eck, hadn't seen this thread before I ordered this TSV! :33:

Hopefully it'll be okay as intended for Xmas pressie for dear S-I-L, who enjoys cooking classic meat and veg meals.

they had loads of the the smaller one at the outlet, never got one because reviews wern't very good saying there should be an instruction book with it and they still haven't done one with this so obvousily didn't bother reading the rviews.

I mis-typed the item number as 827423 but seeing what that is & the 1 review that is listed, I am sure those of you with dogs will be putting an order in....
Ah, thank you. Thank God I got to the computer before Lucrezia Borgia and Millie, and that I've temporarily confiscated their credit cards.

My tip for the day; never give a credit to a cocker spaniel...

... who is in an extremely fractious mood, having at one moment been puffing happily on an e-cig that was performing so well that she even put a piece of tape on the atomiser to distinguish it from less well performing ones - and the next moment it was lost :mad: I've looked everywhere :confused: :(

I just wanted to say a huge thank you for this post. I hadn't even heard of e-cigs until you mentioned them here but I immediately went and did a bit of research online. I usually smoke around 100g of rolling tobacco per week, but a few hours after reading this post I placed my first order for an e-cig and I now still have 50g of baccy left over from last week and bought none at all for this week. I have spent a smallish fortune on e-cigs, cartridges and top-up juice, but if I continue not smoking baccy for about another six weeks or so, it'll all be paid for.

I also got to show off my new "toy" to a friend of mine tonight who has been an unhappy smoker for years - she's definitely going to be buying an e-cig.

Thanks again.

I though I'd also add that because of reading this post, I've made a point of still using an ashtray for my e-cig because I really, really don't want to lose it :)

Julie

I foolishly ordered the Quick Cooker which was described as capable of withstanding oven temperatures up to 180 degrees. It was rubbish on the hob, no quicker than an ordinary pan and a few days after receiving it I got a letter from QVC stating that the item had been misdescribed and that it should not be put in the oven!! They offered to arrange collection if I contacted CS, which I did immediately. The CS operator tried her best to talk me into keeping the pan saying I could still use it on the hob and really didn't to return it. I was not at all impressed and insisted on arranging a collection. The thing is still sitting in its box awaiting a courier. The last time I arranged a collection, it took three attempts, 4 weeks and an eventual collection by Parcelforce. Let's hope this isn't going to be a repeat performance.

Latest posts

Back