Cooks Essentials TSV 29/01/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It does look very high tec, but the memory still lives with me of my mums pressure cooker exploding, for some reason she cooked beetroot in it, was like she had commited mass murder, with beetroot all over the walls

Could be tempted...can't be without my pressure cooker and my one is quite old now. Only trouble qvc tend to do those ~half~ pressure ones, will watch with interest. Only once in 40 years ever had an accident, rice pudd :tongue: oh my, what a mess!

daydreamer

Just been having a look at this on the QVC USA site and it seems to have good reviews. I like a kitchen gadget, so I could be tempted!

http://www.qvc.com/webapp/wcs/store...10151&keyword=K35934&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

Hmmm. Sorry but it isn't the same product. Different size, different frontage, different cooking abilities. Cooks Essentials seem to come up with products and then mod them on customer feedback. I wonder if this is an original Mark 1, or hopefully a Mark 2 or 3, with the bugs ironed out. If the USA one was so good, why aren't we getting that one? I just don't trust Q any more, especially as they rig the reviews in Q USA. So, caveat emptor. Imho, it's all about profit and diddly squat to do with customer satisfaction and quality merchandise.

I've never had a pressure cooker. I too remember the hissy one with the weight thing on the top that my mum had when I was a kid that used to frighten the life out of me, so I've never fancied one! Are they good?

It does look very high tec, but the memory still lives with me of my mums pressure cooker exploding, for some reason she cooked beetroot in it, was like she had commited mass murder, with beetroot all over the walls

OMG, same here lucy-loo. Back in the early 70's my mum cooked beetroot and the pressure cooker exploded - red all over the ceiling and walls - dreadful experience for a 10 year old I can tell you!! As a result I have never used one myself - too scared!!

Hmmm. Sorry but it isn't the same product. Different size, different frontage, different cooking abilities. Cooks Essentials seem to come up with products and then mod them on customer feedback. I wonder if this is an original Mark 1, or hopefully a Mark 2 or 3, with the bugs ironed out. If the USA one was so good, why aren't we getting that one? I just don't trust Q any more, especially as they rig the reviews in Q USA. So, caveat emptor. Imho, it's all about profit and diddly squat to do with customer satisfaction and quality merchandise.

You're quite right about it being a different product, I was looking at the capacity levels and hasn't noticed that the front was different. I've had a few Cook's Essentials items, although no electrical ones, and they have been ok. They are not the same quality as my Le Crueset but equally they are not the same price.

I remember having to use a hob-top pressure cooker in Home Economics at school, and that was over 30 years ago!

I've never had a pressure cooker. I too remember the hissy one with the weight thing on the top that my mum had when I was a kid that used to frighten the life out of me, so I've never fancied one! Are they good?

OMG, same here lucy-loo. Back in the early 70's my mum cooked beetroot and the pressure cooker exploded - red all over the ceiling and walls - dreadful experience for a 10 year old I can tell you!! As a result I have never used one myself - too scared!!

wouldn't be without mine...my Mum always had one and I got one as soon as I was married and have used one ever since so 40 odd years..not the same one mind!

It's up now at £37.98 + £5.95= £43.93 total. Have to wait to see the machine demo'd but that looks like a reasonable price. I'd feel better if it was £39.98 + £3.95 p&p, even though that would make no difference to the overall price paid! Wonder if it will go onto EP?

It's up now at £37.98 + £5.95= £43.93 total. Have to wait to see the machine demo'd but that looks like a reasonable price. I'd feel better if it was £39.98 + £3.95 p&p, even though that would make no difference to the overall price paid! Wonder if it will go onto EP?

Your price comment is completely illogical Dips but I know exactly what you mean and completely agree lol

I do not think it is a ~full~ pressure cooker...I do a family beef stew in 20 mins, any longer would have no beef left,( that gammon joint he had would take about 30mins)...pea and ham soup takes 15mins... chicken soup 13 mins. His times were a lot longer...and I would love to have seen him cut one of those big spuds in half, very doubtful those were cooked through in the time he mentioned, even in my Tefal cooker spuds of that size would take a good 12-15 mins. It is very small too. Would be good for 1-2 people though.

daydreamer

Latest posts

Back