Cooks Essentials Soup Maker TSV 02/02/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi Pandora, if you check out the Qvc page for this new soupmaker, you can download their recipes ....... can also be used in any soupmaker. I also have the MR soupmaker and use it almost daily.

A tip I picked up from the reviews on last CE s.maker..........always put a small amount of water in first to avoid veg sticking to the base as it heats up which can cause burning/scorching (a pain to clean).

Happy soup making, x

Kafflinka, thanks for the tips regarding recipies and adding some water first. This forum can be so helpful at times!

I'm not personally too interested in the Soup Maker but the Pressure Cooker looks interesting, 4 easypays too. It's quite small though but i'd imagine it could be used for soups too.

I think I might give it a go :mysmilie_59:

Whenever I made soup for my dear (choke!) departed other half, I always used the pressure cooker, and never found it to be any hardship. In fact, I never got a bad batch yet. It was always deliciously tasty, and more than 1.5 litres. I don't eat soup, or hot food, or I would go for this, just because of the expediency of the cooking. Don't forget, though, the ingredients may still need to be prepared, i.e. pulses soaked, some veg chopped, cheese cut up, wrapping taken off the stock cube (!), etc. It is, essentially, a kitchen gadget and, if past posts have been anything to go by, will end up at the back of the cupboard. Also, Simon kept showing the sainsburys soup to the camera, at £1.80, nearly £5 for 3 - it's £5.40, actually - when at least one of the major supermarkets will be selling the branded fresh soup for £1!

I was tempted to buy this when I watched the live demos at midnight, but I wasn't totally convinced, especially at one point when Simon was pouring out some soup from it and it splashed on the surface as there is no pouring lip on it. I did a bit of research on-line today and ordered a Morphy Richards soup maker from a company that gave free postage, so total cost was £43.99, compared with QVC's own make costing around £48.00 including P&P.
The reviews of the MR one I've bought seem good on lots of sites, so hopefully I made the right decision. I'm also getting fed up with the time items take to arrive from QVC. Postage of £5.95 for the TSV doesn't guarantee a quick delivery in my experience lately.
Which Morphy Richards soup maker have you got please? When I click on the link in your message it takes me to Very and shows the Morphy Richards Steam Generator. Many thanks. :)

Which Morphy Richards soup maker have you got please? When I click on the link in your message it takes me to Very and shows the Morphy Richards Steam Generator. Many thanks. :)
I have no idea why there was a link in my post Backstreetgirl, it wasn't my intention although that was one of the sites I looked at when I was searching for the best price available. It is now out of stock where I bought mine from, but I found it for £1 more at Beales online and free P&P. Just put a search on Google for Beales and you should find the MR soup maker on the website. Hope that helps, they do vary quite a lot in price from one site to another and it pays to compare.

Hi, bsg, if you go to MR web site and enter promo code SW2250, the soupmaker is £44.50 ( Slimming World half price promotion)............ I am not a SW member but that's how I ordered mine. Hope that helps x

Hi, bsg, if you go to MR web site and enter promo code SW2250, the soupmaker is £44.50 ( Slimming World half price promotion)............ I am not a SW member but that's how I ordered mine. Hope that helps x

Thankyou very much kafflinka, I tried out the code and it works. The only thing that worries me is that it's got a lot of bad reviews on Amazon, how do you find it? I actually vowed never to buy Morphy Richards again after having firstly a cd clock radio pack up after 13 months (Morphy Richards didn't want to know, even though it was only a couple of weeks after the year's guarantee) and then a kettle where the coloured metal peeled off around the spout. Have you found the soup maker reliable? Have you had it long? Sorry for the questions! lol

Hi again, bsg, I've had my sm for approx. 12months and, so far, had no problems.......... I've made lots of different soups mostly just by using whatever veg/leftovers are lurking in the fridge. I always add a few cloves of garlic!
When M & S have their Dine In for £10 I usually choose the Mediterranean veg tray as the 'side' as I always make a soup with it, adding garlic, stock cube and some extra tomatoes ........voila........delicious soup for starter, ( I've always got fresh veg to add to main meal)
I usually prefer a smooth soup but sometimes add a tin of beans in chilli sauce ......just stir through soup before serving.
It's so easy to ring the changes
I was so confident with MR I have recommended it to friends who have been equally impressed.
Ask as many questions as you want ..... I'm happy to answer if I can!! x

Thank you so much for this info.....decided to go for it on your recommendation and tips. :mysmilie_504:

Hubby loves his MR soup maker. He makes soup every Sunday sometimes he freezes it in batches but usually he keeps it in the fridge, heats some each day puts it in his Stanley flask and has it for lunch. Says it's the best gadget he has had in years.

He usually does a tomato based soup, it doesn't take long to prep the veg and you don't have to cut it into tiny pieces.
Roast tomatoes are much nicer than tomatoes just chucked in, I assume peppers would be the same.
It does get a bit noisey when it is cooking but 20 minutes and he has a fresh smooth soup.

I don't eat soup, and I wanted to buy this soup maker! I do make vegetable smoothies/juices, so could have used it for that. Didn't go for it though.

Hi again, bsg, I've had my sm for approx. 12months and, so far, had no problems.......... I've made lots of different soups mostly just by using whatever veg/leftovers are lurking in the fridge. I always add a few cloves of garlic!
When M & S have their Dine In for £10 I usually choose the Mediterranean veg tray as the 'side' as I always make a soup with it, adding garlic, stock cube and some extra tomatoes ........voila........delicious soup for starter, ( I've always got fresh veg to add to main meal)
I usually prefer a smooth soup but sometimes add a tin of beans in chilli sauce ......just stir through soup before serving.
It's so easy to ring the changes
I was so confident with MR I have recommended it to friends who have been equally impressed.
Ask as many questions as you want ..... I'm happy to answer if I can!! x

Thanks very much for this info kafflinka, I think I will go for it then and give Morphy Richards another chance! lol I'd rather go for a 'proper' brand than Cooks Essentials, as I don't know anything about th reliability of them. :)

Latest posts

Back