Cooks Essentials 5 Piece Stainless Steel Pan Set 29/03/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Could you turn them into quirky plant pots may?

I don't think so - they wouldn't fit on my window sills, and I don't have a garden. May make their way into the charity bag. Just had a major wardrobe clear-out and donated 15 bags of stuff. Yes, some from QVC.

I thought Simon Brown was quite irritated with the amount Charlie was putting away last night. He had to stop him diving into the plum upside down pudding he did (so it should still be the original he turns out all through today.

He's on with Craig right now. At least Craig remembers his job is presenting, not gobbling all the food.

I thought last nights launch with Charlie Brooks was hilarious. He put some food on a clean plate that Simon Brown had earmarked for something he was cooking. Simon wasn't at all happy and joked that Charlie would have to do the washing up. The cameras then focussed on Charlie cleaning the used plate with his apron! Simon Brown looked apopleptic at that point. It had me laughing out loud.He also snapped at Charlie and told him not to use a knife to cut chicken up in the pan! Charlie really us such a gannet and its always entertaining to watch him make a pig of himself!

So, finally received my purple set of saucepans today after waiting a month as they were on advanced order. I thought advanced order meant that, that was when they would get in new stock from the supplier????? Didn't realise it was waiting for someone to use their pans, realise they don't want them, send them back to Q for a refund without washing them up & the Q sending them to me as a brand new set with the previous owners burnt on food as a little bonus!

That is ridiculous. I hope that when you receive your returns label, they will put you back on advanced order. The saucepans are excellent

So, finally received my purple set of saucepans today after waiting a month as they were on advanced order. I thought advanced order meant that, that was when they would get in new stock from the supplier????? Didn't realise it was waiting for someone to use their pans, realise they don't want them, send them back to Q for a refund without washing them up & the Q sending them to me as a brand new set with the previous owners burnt on food as a little bonus!

That's disgraceful! I hope you are going to complain about that. If you went into a shop and the item was shopsoiled you'd expect the shop to discount the product. What you describe is worse. A) Why are returns not properly checked for the condition they are in? B) Why are they not then selling "As Is" as they do on QVCUS?

Putting your customers at the forefront of your business, rather than the sales targets might make this kind of experience a thing of the past.

That's disgraceful! I hope you are going to complain about that. If you went into a shop and the item was shopsoiled you'd expect the shop to discount the product. What you describe is worse. A) Why are returns not properly checked for the condition they are in? B) Why are they not then selling "As Is" as they do on QVCUS?

Putting your customers at the forefront of your business, rather than the sales targets might make this kind of experience a thing of the past.

Couldn't agree more. In fact this is the second time in 2 weeks that this has happened. I also ordered the Ultrasun set that was a TSV a few weeks ago. I didn't order it when it was the TSV & regretted doing so, so ordered it about a week & a half ago. When I received it all the items were sealed except the ultrasun face 30. When I took it out its box & lifted the lid there was dried on yellow stuff all over it & the pot felt empty. Again someone else's return. Both items have been previous TSV so I think I have learnt my lesson now. But twice in such a short space of time. Its totally unacceptable!! Its put me off ordering now & I will never go on a wait-list for something. From now on I will only order items which are new to air so I can be guaranteed a new item.

second only to john lewis......

In their dreams!

Best customer service I receive is from Lakeland.
John Lewis/Waitrose are excellent, and Marks & Spencer not far behind.

I think the CS like everything at QVC needs to move into 21st century.

But honestly, unless stuff is being returned under DSR, I would expect it to be thoroughly checked (weighing might help determine when the beauty products are used) and if they are not 100% certain they are still in brand new condition, they should begin selling them at a discount in "as is" condition.

Clothes returns, particularly where the tags have been removed (not that all ranges have tags) should be cleaned as well as checked. Given that most of them are polyester mixes, they should wash and dry like a dream without any colour fade and be ready to be bagged up and sold again.

Pickles - I can't believe you had the same experience twice with what you might class as late ordering of TSV! How unlucky for you! It's a cautionary tale for all of us.

I hope your CS experience when you complain and return the offending items is better than the initial sloppy/shoddy experience.

Oh, and here's a thought... if you're on advanced orders or waitlist, and what you are being sent is returns not fresh stock from the supplier - I think QVC should clearly indicate that on the dispatch note. Better yet, they should contact you, tell you what's available is a return, and let you decide if you want to risk the condition of the item.

But - bottom line: they have no business charging full price for returns unless they have checked and verified that the customer it's going to be sent to is going to get exactly what is described on the QVC website. EG: if your face cream is supposed to be 30 ml of PCMC, for example, that is exactly what should be in the pot. I presume QVC have to adhere to the Sale of Goods Act as well as DSR? If the goods aren't as described you could have a case against QVC.

Last edited:
In their dreams!

Best customer service I receive is from Lakeland.
John Lewis/Waitrose are excellent, and Marks & Spencer not far behind.

I think the CS like everything at QVC needs to move into 21st century.

But honestly, unless stuff is being returned under DSR, I would expect it to be thoroughly checked (weighing might help determine when the beauty products are used) and if they are not 100% certain they are still in brand new condition, they should begin selling them at a discount in "as is" condition.

Clothes returns, particularly where the tags have been removed (not that all ranges have tags) should be cleaned as well as checked. Given that most of them are polyester mixes, they should wash and dry like a dream without any colour fade and be ready to be bagged up and sold again.

Pickles - I can't believe you had the same experience twice with what you might class as late ordering of TSV! How unlucky for you! It's a cautionary tale for all of us.

I hope your CS experience when you complain and return the offending items is better than the initial sloppy/shoddy experience.

Oh, and here's a thought... if you're on advanced orders or waitlist, and what you are being sent is returns not fresh stock from the supplier - I think QVC should clearly indicate that on the dispatch note. Better yet, they should contact you, tell you what's available is a return, and let you decide if you want to risk the condition of the item.

But - bottom line: they have no business charging full price for returns unless they have checked and verified that the customer it's going to be sent to is going to get exactly what is described on the QVC website. EG: if your face cream is supposed to be 30 ml of PCMC, for example, that is exactly what should be in the pot. I presume QVC have to adhere to the Sale of Goods Act as well as DSR? If the goods aren't as described you could have a case against QVC.

QVC wouldn't do that...........after all they always say they don't send out returns!!!!
Of course we know otherwise!! :mysmilie_10:

What would happen to them if I dishwashered them do you think?

I ordered the purple (not like me at all - I'm usually a plain Jane and have black for everything). They look great and after putting them through their paces this week, I can confidently say that you wouldn't need a dishwasher.

I made porridge for breakfast and the spoon needed more work to wash than the pan! Throw in some water, leave while you're eating, empty water out, quick wipe and voila - clean as new (well, perhaps not new for poor Pickles).

I've found them quite light, but very well-built. I'm test-driving for the rest of the 30MBG, but I already think they're a no-brainer after wasting countless hours scrubbing out other so-called non-stick pans (including ceramics after a few months). They seem almost like they have a water repellent finish, totally unlike other non-stick I've used like Tefal. I found they developed micro scratches after a few uses and if you let the heat get slightly too high, the finish would change. A bit disconcerting with all the PTFE scare stories around. The colour hasn't changed on these yet.

love cooks essentials pans. dont buy anything else

How long do they actually last? I know they have a lifetime guarantee against defective materials and all that, but actually in everyday use? Before I give away my trusty (but a PITA to clean) stainless pans - the ones I resurrect after every other foray into non-stick disappoints.

TIA

i have had these around 6/7 years maybe more. love them. even if they scratch a bit they still cook well. i have the stainless steel outside which is easy to claen with a scour if need be. i had a techniques set that were not as good. and true to word qvc refunded my money and i bought these.

i have had these around 6/7 years maybe more. love them. even if they scratch a bit they still cook well. i have the stainless steel outside which is easy to claen with a scour if need be. i had a techniques set that were not as good. and true to word qvc refunded my money and i bought these.

Thanks Boffy.

I just accidentally burned milk in mine. I let it soak for a few minutes and ran my finger over the brown crust on the bottom - it rubbed off with a light touch! I'm officially over the moon. I'd have spent ages leaving my old pans soak and then have to scour them. These pans are a revelation. Fingers crossed they last as long as yours.

I think I've had mine about 18 months. I too have the ones with the stainless steel outside. I even cook egg and bacon in the big saucepan as I for some reason am saving the frying pan from the set. I love the pouring spouts and the built in strainers on the lids. Also the fact that there are silicone pads on the handles which mean the handles never get hot. I do not use metal utensils on them and rarely put them in the dishwasher. I have previously returned a cooks essentials skillet after about 12 months as the non stick stopped working.
BTW Alter Ego still love my steam pod. Can't manage without it now

I think I've had mine about 18 months. I too have the ones with the stainless steel outside. I even cook egg and bacon in the big saucepan as I for some reason am saving the frying pan from the set. I love the pouring spouts and the built in strainers on the lids. Also the fact that there are silicone pads on the handles which mean the handles never get hot. I do not use metal utensils on them and rarely put them in the dishwasher. I have previously returned a cooks essentials skillet after about 12 months as the non stick stopped working.
BTW Alter Ego still love my steam pod. Can't manage without it now

ILS - Haven't seen you for a while. Hope you are well. Having said that, I've been MIA for a while myself.

Thanks for your review. I have a thing about frying pans, too. Especially smaller ones for some reason. I've not used the full size saucepans yet. I don't think they have spouts or straining lids, but OH does all the straining and is quite happy using the lid the old fashioned way so I won't be too upset if they don't have them. The spouts on the milk pan are fab, though (also have a thing about milk pans - think it's because I'm not good with big heavy pans).

I'll be doing bacon and eggs in the large saucepan in the next few days - someone here or maybe on QVC mentioned doing fry-ups in the saucepans and I thought why not? The higher sides would make less splatters and if they're that easy to lift from, well, it should be easy enough. Famous last words...

Ooh, Steam Pod. Isn't it THE best ever thing since sliced bread? I used mine this evening and still love the way it goes through my fluffy frizz like a hot knife through butter. Just one pass and my hair is transformed. Not just in looks, but texture, too. For the first time I have smooth silky hair and this winter has been the first without the PITA that is a curled up fringe at the first sign of damp! Does yours change your hair texture too?

Latest posts

Back