Conflict of interest!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
I know this has been stated numerous times (and possibly (probably (definately))) about this particular person. But, can't Q reign in DF about her 'other business'. I mean it got worse today as she was 'suppose to be' flogging a Kindle (DF and a Kindle, well it don't take a genius to work out the result). In a 3 minute slot not only did she manage to mention her book, but the retreat, an author at the retreat, that persons books and other books that person was reading, that my deer is one heck of a skill!

I can't watch DF for many mins and Lee Holbein not at all , so the two together stand no chance by me. I love my kindle but I find everything I want to know about it on amazon...

As soon as DF comes on I switch over. She's not a bad presenter at all but the constant self promotion is terrible. The worse thing is that she knows it annoys people because you know for a fact she reads all the comments on the Q Facebook page. So she does it even more!
QVC really need a shake up presenter wise. I used to travel to and from the US regularly, the UK team could take a few pointers on presenting from their American counterparts. No self promoting, no talking over guests. Much more pleasurable viewing.

As soon as DF comes on I switch over. She's not a bad presenter at all but the constant self promotion is terrible. The worse thing is that she knows it annoys people because you know for a fact she reads all the comments on the Q Facebook page. So she does it even more!
QVC really need a shake up presenter wise. I used to travel to and from the US regularly, the UK team could take a few pointers on presenting from their American counterparts. No self promoting, no talking over guests. Much more pleasurable viewing.

Shock horror, a positive word about the American's :mysmilie_50: Though saying that I do on occasion watch the US version online and know exactly what you mean. It is just a shame, I mean according to what I have read in the past the Americans seemed to have a slightly more 'aggressive approach' when they first started, then they took 'inspiration' from our style of presenting and took that back to the States and elevated it.

Debbie Flint makes my teeth itch, never in all my born days have I ever seen anyone, or heard anyone, who's more self obsessed (except Chuntley) rude and greedy than Fibby Flint. She'll grab a bit of self promotion whenever the chance arises, she probably gives the shop assistant on the till at Sainsbury's her life story, her book item numbers and were to buy, the clothes she's wearing (Yong Kim, obviously) and of course the website were they can book a week of pure boredom, all in the five minutes it takes to pack a bag and pay. She won't go through self service though............quite ironic really. :mysmilie_17:

I know this has been stated numerous times (and possibly (probably (definately))) about this particular person. But, can't Q reign in DF about her 'other business'. I mean it got worse today as she was 'suppose to be' flogging a Kindle (DF and a Kindle, well it don't take a genius to work out the result). In a 3 minute slot not only did she manage to mention her book, but the retreat, an author at the retreat, that persons books and other books that person was reading, that my deer is one heck of a skill!

It's astonishing the amount of latitude DF allows herself. No management gumption in evidence to point out to her that's not on. It can only be that she still has very strong sales made in shows she presents and the powers-that-be daren't rock the boat. It would be nice, however to see a more professional approach.

If I was the floor manager I'd sound an air horn into her earpiece every time she did it. If that didn't work, she could look forward to a gunge tank offloading its contents over her head. Hey, she worked in children's telly, so it should be water off a duck's back.

I can't watch DF for many mins and Lee Holbein not at all , so the two together stand no chance by me. I love my kindle but I find everything I want to know about it on amazon...

I was watching late last night / early this morning and it was brilliant to see Lee Holbein ask Alexa to turn off a lamp, only for Alexa to promptly ignore him!

I was watching late last night / early this morning and it was brilliant to see Lee Holbein ask Alexa to turn off a lamp, only for Alexa to promptly ignore him!

Yeah, even electronics can get the 'hump', shows that she has not only a personality, but also a SOH and of course knows that LH is not the 'master genius' he likes to think he is!

Disclaimer**** I am aware that Alexa is not real and that she is an 'electronic voice' with no personality whatsoever!

It's astonishing the amount of latitude DF allows herself. No management gumption in evidence to point out to her that's not on. It can only be that she still has very strong sales made in shows she presents and the powers-that-be daren't rock the boat. It would be nice, however to see a more professional approach.

If I was the floor manager I'd sound an air horn into her earpiece every time she did it. If that didn't work, she could look forward to a gunge tank offloading its contents over her head. Hey, she worked in children's telly, so it should be water off a duck's back.

Yes, that is the only thing I can think of, yes I know it is a big thing (as sales are what maketh Q), but even JR knows when to mention and when not to and given they have both been in 'selly telly' for around the same length of time (I know DF did have a break of around 8 years), they should be both the same consummate professional. JF will mention family (which is fine as that makes it 'more real'), I don't mind anecdotes like that but I am sick and tired of the self-promotion, wonder if the 'powers that be' read this and understand the truly vehemence that people dislike it!

Yeah, even electronics can get the 'hump', shows that she has not only a personality, but also a SOH and of course knows that LH is not the 'master genius' he likes to think he is!

Disclaimer**** I am aware that Alexa is not real and that she is an 'electronic voice' with no personality whatsoever!

Maybe Alexa should present the hour!

What I don't understand is a good few months ago now, I've posted before she was on Hubby and I commented for a couple of shows that evening, she never mentioned anything other than the selling.
We were utterly convinced since there had been loads of complaints, she had been warned and told not to self promote on air.
We thought it must of been so hard not to forget and just blurt something out but she managed in fact hard as it was, we watched and listened closely to see.
Then to convince myself I'd not been dreaming and QVC had seen the light I tuned in to her next hours, unbelievable she was back on with the full on self promotion.
From what I've happened to catch since its as if it never happened.
Its a mystery why for those few hours not a trace of books, blog, retreat etc. was mentioned.
As it now seems a habit, just how she did it without a slip up and why I really would love to know.

:thinking::wonder::mysmilie_506::mysmilie_516:

When I read this early hours I thought it was a typo and wondered why L'Occitane was featured in a tech hour! Just twigged :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_11::mysmilie_50: Sorry Julius to question your typing skills! :mysmilie_12:

Yes, that is the only thing I can think of, yes I know it is a big thing (as sales are what maketh Q), but even JR knows when to mention and when not to and given they have both been in 'selly telly' for around the same length of time (I know DF did have a break of around 8 years), they should be both the same consummate professional. JF will mention family (which is fine as that makes it 'more real'), I don't mind anecdotes like that but I am sick and tired of the self-promotion, wonder if the 'powers that be' read this and understand the truly vehemence that people dislike it!

They don't give a stuff!

What I don't understand is a good few months ago now, I've posted before she was on Hubby and I commented for a couple of shows that evening, she never mentioned anything other than the selling.
We were utterly convinced since there had been loads of complaints, she had been warned and told not to self promote on air.
We thought it must of been so hard not to forget and just blurt something out but she managed in fact hard as it was, we watched and listened closely to see.
Then to convince myself I'd not been dreaming and QVC had seen the light I tuned in to her next hours, unbelievable she was back on with the full on self promotion.
Its a mystery why for those few hours not a trace of books, blog, retreat etc. was mentioned.
As it now seems a habit, just how she did it without a slip up and why I really would love to know.

Different Producer?
Specific request from the brand featured?
Bet with her bestie?
Forgot where she was?
Busy mentally concocting whether to give an extra half mushroom in next day's' breakfast?
Busy mentally concocting which side of the femme fatale's neck to have the amour breathe on in her next blockbuster?
Just forgot?

Different Producer?
Specific request from the brand featured?
Bet with her bestie?
Forgot where she was?
Busy mentally concocting whether to give an extra half mushroom in next day's' breakfast?
Busy mentally concocting which side of the femme fatale's neck to have the amour breathe on in her next blockbuster?
Just forgot?

But it just seems she can't stop herself now that it comes out like its just general chit chat.

Maybe it was a doppelgänger that had temporarily taken over her body!

Latest posts

Back