Confirmation...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

missbabs

Registered Shopper
It has been said many many times on here that K Taylor is one of the many awful Q presenters but,I can confirm today she is also thick & delusional. This morning she said that she didn't know what a 'sconce' was and she is 5'6". The little voice in my head told me not to watch but I did & now I'm suffering the consequences! She gives me a headache not to mention indigestion & really should be removed permanently. She wouldn't even be kidnapped, 5 minutes of her would even make the kidnappers surrender! I'm going to have a lie down in a darkened room :mysmilie_1::mysmilie_1:

I hate to be put in the same category as Kathy Taylor because I too find her very irritating, but I didnt know what a sconce is either and had to look it up ......

I hate to be put in the same category as Kathy Taylor because I too find her very irritating, but I didnt know what a sconce is either and had to look it up ......
No problem, but she is supposed to he selling the damn thing & it's been on several shows before! She has no excuse.

No problem, but she is supposed to he selling the damn thing & it's been on several shows before! She has no excuse.

Oh yes well I see what you mean.After all these years she should have some idea what shes selling. I only really tune in for Kathy and fashion because she looks so bad in most of it and has no self awareness .Horrible of me I know.

Nope, never heard of a sconce either. I'm not selling them like you say but she really is a terrible presenter thick or not.

I must be thick and delusional as well because I don't know what a sconce is and I am 5'5".

I don't watch QVC anymore, but I always thought Kathy T came over as a thoroughly decent person, maybe not the best presenter, but that's hardly the worst crime in the world. For me decency and kindness rank higher than slick sales patter, but as I don't watch any of them anymore, it doesn't affect me.

I'm 5'10", I know what a sconce is but I've never achieved any of the following things that Kathy has (taken from her Wiki entry):

"Tayler won the women's modern pentathlon World Cup in 1979 at the age of 19.[1] She was a member of the Great Britain modern pentathlon team that won gold at the World Athletics Championships in 1981 and 1982. She also won a bronze medal in the individual competition at the same event in 1982.[2][3] She retired from competition in 1983 and she gained a BSc Honours degree in physiology at Southampton University."

I'm 5'10", I know what a sconce is but I've never achieved any of the following things that Kathy has (taken from her Wiki entry):

"Tayler won the women's modern pentathlon World Cup in 1979 at the age of 19.[1] She was a member of the Great Britain modern pentathlon team that won gold at the World Athletics Championships in 1981 and 1982. She also won a bronze medal in the individual competition at the same event in 1982.[2][3] She retired from competition in 1983 and she gained a BSc Honours degree in physiology at Southampton University."

You can't deny she has achieved a great deal in her life .I just don't think she is well suited to sales on TV. I preferred her on Breakfast TV.

I'm 5'5" and know what a sconce is, but I make a point of not being rude about anyone who can run faster than me ...

She may be a lovely kind decent person but as shopping telly presenter she isn't very good. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Kathy is quite a rude person, exactly as she comes across on screen. I remember reading that someone made a comment about how a colour never went with another colour on her Morning Style programme, and she emailed/Tweeted them back saying something along the lines of, "well you stick to your boring old monochrome then and don't watch!! because boring people like boring colours"!! That wasn't the first time I'd heard of her being quite aggressive and rude to someone, plus the fact she's an absolute rubbish presenter.

I most definitely would not class myself as thick and delusional but I've never heard of the word either! I like Kathy even though she definitely fluffs her way through lots of presentations.....personally that's something about her I enjoy although I rarely watch QVC these days. I would have loved to have achieved her athletic success that's for sure!

Oh yes well I see what you mean.After all these years she should have some idea what shes selling. I only really tune in for Kathy and fashion because she looks so bad in most of it and has no self awareness .Horrible of me I know.

Everyone needs a laugh to get the day going!

Being charitable about sconce-gate, I suggest she plays the fool because lots of viewers won't know what a sconce is, or why they might need it. Her asking the dumb question provides a more natural line for the guest to respond to, as well as presenting KT as "one of us" which supposedly gets us to open our wallets.

It never ceases to amaze me what qualifications you need to be a presenter on QVC.

Former athlete - tick
dancer ? would that be show girl or cruise chorus ? - tick
X factor announcer and vlogger - tick

own importing company, working in finance and writing books to interviewing celebs, hosting her own BBC1Daytime TV game show and even appearing on ‘Stars in their Eyes’! - NO PRIZES FOR WHO THIS IS !!! - tick

trained 'chocolatier' - um, tick
property consultant - tick (?)
ghostbuster/weatherman - tick

I suppose one can say that yes, a high IQ really isn't a requisite to flogging a few candles.

(and yes I knew what a sconce was - perhaps its an 'age' thing)

I'd just like it on the record that I too know what a sconce is. I bet it is an age thing but I bet they get a mention in Game of Thrones ( which I have never seen but looks to be set in mediaeval style castles where you would expect them).

It must be an age thing cos I knew what one was too. In fact when I was a little girl I was brought up in a small Lancashire town and we lived in a terraced house. My parents bought their house but many of the houses were owned by a local cotton mill who rented them out. We had 2 elderly spinsters who lived a few doors down and I kid you not when I say I remember their house still having gas mantles and a tippler toilet in their backyard. As tenants died off the mill owners sold the houses and they were renovated and either new landlords or young married couples buying them.

I can identify with that Vienna !

My grandparents lived in a 2 up 2 down 'pit' house just outside Rotherham, no garden but a back yard with the coal hole and lavvy side by side at the bottom of it - (we're talking squares of newspaper hung on a nail here or Izal, sometimes worse !). Well, I remember as a 6 year old in the early 50's sleeping in a bedroom lit only by the hissing noise and green glow of the 2 gas mantles on the chimney breast. In the kitchen/living I remember the main light in the centre ceiling with 2 chains hanging down - one to light the gas and the other pulled to extinguish.

What memories eh ? the sad thing is, todays youngsters should be asking all we know and remember about those times, because once we're gone they won't have first hand knowledge of the world we were brought up in.

We had an upstairs bathroom but it didn't contain the loo, that was outside! With Izal!!! God I was always terrified at night going out there with a torch. We didn't have gas and had coal fires downstairs but the electrics were so dodgy you couldn't run a heater in more that one room upstairs at a time. It certainly made us organised. I never knew what central heating was until I was about 10 and then never got any until an adult. I do vaguely remember someone from that time having gas lighting but it was very rare.

Latest posts

Back