Communal fitting rooms?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Funny you should say that about the mirrors because in my teens I had a Saturday job in a posh shoe shop in Kinightsbridge and I was told by my manager that the (changing) mirrors used in shops were made in such a way to flatter peoples' reflections. How odd. :22: :pPC:

Funny you should say that about the mirrors because in my teens I had a Saturday job in a posh shoe shop in Kinightsbridge and I was told by my manager that the (changing) mirrors used in shops were made in such a way to flatter peoples' reflections. How odd. :22: :pPC:

Really? Oh dear, I must be worse than I thought then!! :31:

No things may have changed now Shop, we are talking a long time ago.......:YIKES: :pPC:

The big branch of New Look in Southampton city centre has cubicles AND a communal changing area.....

Women queue for ages for a cubicle but I go straight to the communal bit.....I don't care who sees my flabby bits these days!! :18:

The big branch of New Look in Southampton city centre has cubicles AND a communal changing area.....

Women queue for ages for a cubicle but I go straight to the communal bit.....I don't care who sees my flabby bits these days!! :18:

It depends what you are trying on as to whether they are ok - a jumper is probably ok but maybe not for a bra or swimsuit :SHOCK:

It depends what you are trying on as to whether they are ok - a jumper is probably ok but maybe not for a bra or swimsuit :SHOCK:

Not sure I'd bother with a changing room for a jumper!
Have been known to try skirts on without a changing room as well. On over the jeans and then drop the jeans......bit more difficult getting them back up agiain, but it can be done!!!

I used to LOVE communals as a teenager, out shopping with my friends. Then, the first time I went with an ex-boyfriend, I left my bag (stupid me - should have left it with my ex) with the clothes I was trying on and went out to show him. As I got back I caught the woman next to me darting away from my bag with my purse in her hand.

There was a huge fuss with the store manager and I had to prove the purse was mine (luckily I had a photo in there and a St. Christopher that I was taking in for repair so could prove it easily) as she wouldn't return it and tried to brazen it out. I think because she was an older woman (30's compared to my 18), the staff wanted to believe her.

I've never used one since. It was a bit difficult in the good old days, but thankfully, most of the shops I tend to go to have individual changing rooms these days. If they haven't, I check out the return policy and take stuff home. At least with individuals, you can close the curtains and hide your bag under a pile of clothes if you need to leave anything for a better view.

Latest posts

Back