Communal fitting rooms?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Boris Bear

Registered Shopper
Ali Keenan has just come out with the old chestnut that buying clothes from QVC means you don't have to try things on in communal fitting rooms. Are these still around? I remember them years and years ago but haven't encountered any recently. Is this another example of QVC's artistic licence (ok lies)?

Their TV sales pitch is less believable when they talk about petrol prices and parking fees...when you add on the postage there really isn't a lot in it. It also adds to the cost when returning items and I still have the petrol and parking issues to get to my post office plus the inconvenience. Not so easy for the housebound, I imagine...they must just have to keep a lot of stuff they'd rather return.

They had communal changing rooms in a couple of shops in leicester when I went shopping yesterday as I took my hubby in there with me! so he could see me in the outfits of course so i did not have to come oout into the shop

no our primark in Lakeside has individual changing rooms. Haven't seen a communal one since the 70's. suspect that Alison doesn't shop in the type of place that EVER had them!

I remember Top Shop used to have communal changing rooms - haven't been in TS for ages - and I never used them. So if, like me, you don't like using them, just return the item to the shop if it's no good - a lot easier and quicker than having to return it to QVC and wait for a refund or replacement and then, if that is not suitable, having to return it again, and on and on, etc.

Do these presenters think before they make comments, or do they just feel they need to say something?

That takes me back to the 70s. I used to hate those communal changing rooms. Laura Ashley was one of my fave shops then, and they had some of them. It used to put me off if I was in a 'fat' mood!

never ever seen a communal changing room, our primark has individual ones too

You're very lucky then!
We recently had our shopping centre completely re-built and now I don't think there are any communals - but before several of the shops had the horrible things!

I haven't seen one for years! Thought they'd long been done away with, but obviously not as some FM's still see them around. They must be few and far between now though.

I remember Top Shop used to have communal changing rooms - haven't been in TS for ages - and I never used them. So if, like me, you don't like using them, just return the item to the shop if it's no good - a lot easier and quicker than having to return it to QVC and wait for a refund or replacement and then, if that is not suitable, having to return it again, and on and on, etc.

Do these presenters think before they make comments, or do they just feel they need to say something?

Fairly certain it was Top Shop I remember as well! Certainly it was Oxford street early to mid 90's when I was working up there. You could que for a cubical or get in the comunal area much quicker. The more I think about it it could have been Mark1 (I was temping and cash was short) but definitely oxford circus area.

Sometimes I wish they did have more communal changing rooms! Several times now I've stood in the queue for the changing rooms with the girls at Jane Norman (with the ruddy queue going round the shop & out the door!) & after about 20 minutes decided I'd blinkin' had enough, hurled the clothes back on the rails & left! :rolleyes:

I remember Martin Ford in the 70s and 80s has communal changing rooms and Chelsea Girl . A lot of the department stores had them too. Most shops have cubicles now. I haven't seen a communal changing room for years.

Communal changing rooms? I don't like changing rooms at all. I would rather take the clothes home and try them on in front of my nice friendly mirror!

I don't think I have seen a communal changing room since the 90s!!!!

Sometimes I wish they did have more communal changing rooms! Several times now I've stood in the queue for the changing rooms with the girls at Jane Norman (with the ruddy queue going round the shop & out the door!) & after about 20 minutes decided I'd blinkin' had enough, hurled the clothes back on the rails & left! :rolleyes:
C

Clearly this is where I had been going wrong! My shopping excursions were to more, shall we say, cheap establishments!:20:

Latest posts

Back