Colours

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If it was pink,they wouldn’t call it pink, it would be ‘cloudy sunlight’ or some such silly name, which bears no resemblance to the actual colour. Jackie and Nina have just shown a pair of boots called ‘dark mauve’ I don’t know why it says that, says Jackie, they’re not dark, and they’re not mauve!

The word "colourway" is just another affectation, like "a trouser", etc. QVC loves them and the presenters trot them out regularly, much to everyone's irritation because we can all see right through them and there already exist very good English words that mean the same thing or even describe whatever it is more accurately. A stupid and pointless affectation - not even a trend.

We had a thread on colour names recently, see below.
shoppingtelly.com/threads/silentnight-tsv-28-09-24.68123/page-2#post-1155701

I heard one of the BAs yesterday say it would look good with a tight!

I’m so tempted next time I hear a trouser, a shoe etc, to message them to ask if you have to order two to get a pair of shoes, tights, trousers, scissors😡.

I haven’t heard them change earrings to the singular yet.

I heard one of the BAs yesterday say it would look good with a tight!

I’m so tempted next time I hear a trouser, a shoe etc, to message them to ask if you have to order two to get a pair of shoes, tights, trousers, scissors😡.

I haven’t heard them change earrings to the singular yet.
I've heard many say 'a diamonique earring' and to take the cake, 'a sunglass.' !! The latter from the English language expert Gill (sp?) Gauntlet.

Plural has now been cancelled so you cannot buy a pair of trousers, jeans, shoes tights etc.

I call this style of jumper pink multi, blue multi etc. I have a few jumpers from M&S one is black multi, it has cream and camel the other is navy with pink and white the inside label describe them as black multi and the other navy multi

Latest posts

Back