Clueless radley bags

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
Watched these over priced bags and watches. Julia kept referring to a scottie wearing a kilt and a tam o'shanter as a poodle. never seen a poodle look like that. talk so much trash it is unbearable.:mysmilie_1::mysmilie_1::mysmilie_1:

Did you see the bag in the shape of a Scottie ? Talk about naff, it just didn't look right as a shoulder bag nor clutch bag as demo'd by the guest and when she tried to give us the 'tour' of it's innards she could hardly get her hand in.

The only use that springs to mind is as a door-stop, filled with sand.

I don't get the whole Radley thing, either. At least with Lulu Guinness there's some style to the bags, but these are very ordinary, just overpriced.

Surely Julia should know the Radley/Scottie thing, though? Even I know that, just from seeing them on the high street.

not for me either. but then lulu guinness is not rocking my boat. all far too ladylike and i aint no lady

I find Radley an expensive bag range too, seems to me if you pop a furry monkey or a dog on the price shoots up, being on QVC with it's inflated prices and expensive p&p it'll be an even more expensive bag range.

I have two Radleys both plain black leather with the word Radley embossed on them, the dog is just like a key ring thing that hangs from them.

Now both bought in sales mid 00s, this was before the company was bought out and things changed a lot. Both mine are proper classic handbags, the ones now are gimmick based.

Oh I also own two purses bought again in sales(the shop was closing down so I got a brilliant deal), the tan one is coming to the end of its days but could go on for another few years. Simple purses and really lasted. I have looked at the purses in sales and they are now like twice the price I paid.

It is a good job we are all different, I would much prefer a Radley bag/purse with a cute scottie dog than a Lulu Guinness with big red lips plastered on it, the same goes for the kipling silly furry monkeys. (I remove the monkeys before the bag gets an outing...

It is a good job we are all different, I would much prefer a Radley bag/purse with a cute scottie dog than a Lulu Guinness with big red lips plastered on it, the same goes for the kipling silly furry monkeys. (I remove the monkeys before the bag gets an outing...

I think Lulu Guinness is the most over priced of all. I change my bag too often to spend a fortune on them and I know Kipling aren't cheap either (unless you get them from Vente-Privee and stock up when they have a sale on) but Kipling suits my needs best, the bags I buy have plastic or metal monkeys on them. :mysmilie_14:

I think Radley bags and purses are really good quality. I always have a Radley purse. They don't have to be fussy. My purse is black with a very small brass coloured metal dog "logo". I'm actually not so keen on the ones with appliqué and embroidery but Radley have always has the more simple designs. I have a Radley glasses case for my readers and another for my sunnies.

I don't have a full size Radley handbag but I do have a couple of the mini totes with the "dog in the pocket". Great little evening/going out/summer handbags. Everything lasts for years.

They always have sales and they have outlet stores so you can pick up what you want at good prices.

I don't get the whole Radley thing, either. At least with Lulu Guinness there's some style to the bags, but these are very ordinary, just overpriced.

Surely Julia should know the Radley/Scottie thing, though? Even I know that, just from seeing them on the high street.

It was a purple coin purse that had a Radley dressed up as a poodle, which was what Julia said. It had Poodle written on it underneath. They had the same one in yellow for a Yorkshire terrier. Not my cup of tea.

I used to be into Radley many years ago but, now they have hiked the prices up, theres many more mid designer bags I prefer for the same kind of money

I thought it was pretty clear during the presentation that they were saying it was Radley (the dog) dressed as a poodle.

Radley is not a style I particularly like, so I'd never buy it myself. I have been gifted a few pieces over the years though, and I think they are of very good quality. I have kept a small black purse which I take on holidays, I've had it for years now, and it still looks new.

It was a purple coin purse that had a Radley dressed up as a poodle, which was what Julia said. It had Poodle written on it underneath. They had the same one in yellow for a Yorkshire terrier. Not my cup of tea.

I used to be into Radley many years ago but, now they have hiked the prices up, theres many more mid designer bags I prefer for the same kind of money

Which do you prefer Pickles? Always keen for a nosey at new handbags! I haven't bought many for a while and those I have bought have been at the higher end. I could do with a plain, simple navy leather bag for work and I don't way want to pay out £200/300 when its a "nice to have" and not a must have.

I like the quality and style of Radley bags - but their rrp's are high, and have gone up significantly in the last few years..... however, they have a fab outlet store at Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth (so do L'Occitane, Molton Brown and Kipling! lol) with great price reductions, so definitely no QVC purchases for me! :)

I don`t follow any particular brand of bag. If I see a bag and I like it, then I buy it no matter who makes it.
I had some birthday money left over so I bought a Radley bag in their sale. The original price was £189, I paid £89 for it. I don`t think it`s worth £189 but it`s a good size, nicely made, lovely soft leather, nicely trimmed, no silly pictures or patterns on it and a colour (taupe) which will match many outfits so I`m sure to get good use out of it and my £89 will be well spent.
This is it http://www.radley.co.uk/frith-street-medium-zip-top-hobo/

Which do you prefer Pickles? Always keen for a nosey at new handbags! I haven't bought many for a while and those I have bought have been at the higher end. I could do with a plain, simple navy leather bag for work and I don't way want to pay out £200/300 when its a "nice to have" and not a must have.

Hi Tinkerbelle I am a bit of a bagaholic. I have spent quite a lot over the years on very expensive designer bags such as Chanel, LV etc I have tried to break my habits as realised it was getting a bit out of hand. They are just pieces of leather when you think about it. I currently use a lovely Kate Spade black bucket style bag with a drawstring top. To be honest I've had more comments on this bag then any other designer one I have used in the past. They are fairly expensive but there is a Kate Spade outlet at Bicester Village where you can pick them up for £100-300. Tory Burch (also an outlet at Bicester) is another favourite brand similar prices. Modalu, DKNY, LK Bennett, Russell & Bromley all do nice bags. My latest purchase (xmas pressie) was a black leather classic quilted flap bag with chain strap from DKNY. Very Chanel like but only £200 not £3000!!! Michael Kors is another brand. Not really to my liking as a bit too popular. I prefer bags that not everyone else have if you know what I mean:happy:

Latest posts

Back