Close up tells the truth Stacey....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In her absence things did move on though, agree she does look dated now. Total revamp needed by her and Q should be on the cards, sadly doesn't seem to be.
I don't think they care a flying fig if she's successful or not. Over the years we've all watched new small companies blosson into larger companies only to be replaced by own brands peddling the same thing and undercutting them - its business. Not that for one minute I agree with it.

I bought some of MP when it first appeared on QVC. The packaging was cheap and fell apart(I do so like the lid to stay on, but that might just be me being picky), the quality of the product was cheap as well. Never bought again. Caught the end of the show yesterday and have to say Amica looked so much better without the makeup. It made her eyes look so dry and wrinkled.

The best selling product has to be her eyebrow pencil, that is all I ever see raved about. Even on the QVC community board, when they watch her on the HSN channel as a TSV. All they seem to say it I bought X amount of the eyebrow pencils. I get the idea her business could survive selling just that. Oh and very many of them are bored with the whole Girlfriend, rollers in thing.

Have to say the best packaging I have ever seen, Burberry makeup. Dark brown metal with the Burberry check ingraved on it. You drop that from a high building it would survive. The quality of the makeup is also very very high.

Her way of selling and presenting MP years ago was different and entertaining and I bought and enjoyed some of the products. The TSVs were good value. Now years later I have moved on and find the look of YBF stuff powdery and uninspiring. I still watch cos I love make up and while the whole "empower yourself through looking good " is something I agree with, its got a bit preachy for my liking now. Also the rolers and outfits and oto jewellery she wears- its so old fashioned. Sharon Osbourne used to look like this on The X Factor 8 years ago. The finished look is always the same too- who wants to trowel it on like that and look so over done anymore? I bet shes a lovely friend to her real friends and family but the whole girlfriend thing is just too much.

I can't stand the girlfriend shtick either or Mally with her shrieking "Miss Ali" every few minutes.

My friend in Italy was telling me the other there was some Italian woman on QVC.IT in rollers flogging make up. They don't have YBF on the web so someone must have nicked that concept. Lets hope that the somewhat litigious Stacey isn't planning yet another expensive lawsuit!

Did you know Laura Geller's stuff s all hand made in Italy? By "Artishansh"?

I'm happy to know that stuff is made in Italy my problem is when they never tell you it's China.
Lynn

I would love to see the artisans at work - it sounds so 'art nouveau' . Dictionary definition is 'a person skilled in applied art; a craftsperson'

The only artisans at work on Stacey's stuff are those who are skilled in moulded plastic and mock croc PVC vanity cases.

Hahaha gotta love the Artishanshs! Laura has shown photos of the folk at work making her BNB in Italy. Her packaging is really strong and nice looking too IMO. Im not someone who goes into any depth looking at every single ingredient but I do know cheap make up when I see and feel it and Lauras is quality.

My mental picture of the artisans is besmocked, pipesmoking, bearded, olive-skinned Italians working in small craft studios.I suspect the reality is very different.

My mental picture of the artisans is besmocked, pipesmoking, bearded, olive-skinned Italians working in small craft studios.I suspect the reality is very different.

LOL they looked like they were making little cakes in a bakery with white bonnets on if I recall.

The see through MP yellow powder retractable brush container years ago was sold in a chemist with transparent powder in for a £1 at the same time, not MP powder. I was disappointed as she always went on about the engineering of her containers.

I'm mortally wounded by your post :grin::grin: but you might be right

Just kidding of course. Actually, in my minds eye you are the image of LE herself. Including flawless complexion and babies hanging off each... erm... arm.

Just kidding of course. Actually, in my minds eye you are the image of LE herself. Including flawless complexion and babies hanging off each... erm... arm.

Aah, in that case i won't disappoint you, I am her double,:wink: minus the babies. I even have my own special soft focus lighting at home to complete the look. The resemblance is uncanny.

Latest posts

Back