Clogau Preseli Blue Ring

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whatsgoinon?

Registered Shopper
Have just watched Clogau and their Preseli Blue ring and was intrigued by this welsh stone so did a quick Google.

Was surprised that one website warned people with heart conditions, who had pacemakers and people with racing heart beats to be wary because of the magnetism produced by these little stones. Wonder how much you would have to use/wear to get this effect They are used with a lot of crystal healings for the neck/throat and heart.

Has anybody else read up on this little stone? :mysmilie_506:

Very interesting little stone, it also states that some wearers may experience headaches and may have to mix the stone with other grounding crystals.

This is the article about being careful when treating clients, advice is more for practitioners, but doesn't harm people knowing about its possible strength and side effects http://www.crystalage.com/online_store/stone_type/preseli-bluestone.cfm :mysmilie_59:

A friend let me wear a magnetic bracelet to see if I felt any effects before buying one. The energy drained from my whole body and I was light headed and dizzy.

Clogau is, imo, pure quality, not commonplace and is in a whole different league to Pandora, which seems to be worn by everyone and their mother. Iam also aware that it is an extremely popular range and I, personally, much prefer things which are not 'hip', or owned by the masses. Makes it quite tacky, I feel. Fortunately, we all have different preferences and opinions.

Clogau is, imo, pure quality, not commonplace and is in a whole different league to Pandora, which seems to be worn by everyone and their mother. Iam also aware that it is an extremely popular range and I, personally, much prefer things which are not 'hip', or owned by the masses. Makes it quite tacky, I feel. Fortunately, we all have different preferences and opinions.

You're right we all have different opinions, my opinion is Clogau is tacky because its over priced silver jewellery made in China. You're right about preferences too, mine is 18ct gold and excellent quality diamonds, but I'm not a snob so I wouldn't mind if they're wore by the "masses" so long as I like it (they're not but I still wouldn't mind) I don't wear Pandora though, neither does my mother.

My opinion is I'm not bothered about gold and diamonds - never had the money. I like fashion jewellery but would never buy the over-priced, sometimes too gaudy junk jewellery from QVC. I'm happy with what I find on the high st such as M&S, Next etc. I like to match jewellery to my clothes to add colour, glitz or glam.

I like costume jewellery too but would never pay Bibi Bijoux prices, a lot of people will though. You're right M&S do some lovely classy costume jewellery.

I have lots of Asian jewellery in 22ct gold,which would be a bit bright for some people but I love it and always get compliments.

Clogau "Gold" jewellery seems mainly to be silver these days and the gold embelishments are definitely mainly from somewhere other than Wales. Deceitful marketing in my book all this "a touch of rare Welsh gold".... it's probably of homeopathic proportions. A con.

I also think Clogau jewellery is a con, the prices are extortionate for mostly silver with a microscopic bit of Welsh gold or any other gold for that matter. I have quite a bit of Gold jewellery but have not bought any in recent times as I now wear mostly Silver that I like to buy locally although I always look for small jewellers who sell something a bit different especially when I am on holiday somewhere.

i dont like silver on me prefer gold. gold clogau is expensive and its a treat for me to buy but i like it

I have lots of Asian jewellery in 22ct gold,which would be a bit bright for some people but I love it and always get compliments.

Funny you say that Lynn.
I quite like the colour of 18 & 22ct gold, but I think it looks awful when it's used to plate sterling silver. It just looks 'fake' to me. Could be the brightness of the silver coming through I suppose, but I'm not sure if that even makes sense really? I much prefer it when they use 9 or 14ct gold to plate things with.

Clogau is available in a range of stores now, unlike years ago when you could only but it at local jewellers.

OH bought me the 18ct Anniversary ring from a local jeweller years ago, on St Davids day. We only went in to have a nosey and there just happened to be a Clogau Rep there and she managed to guilt trip him into buying it for me, with a discount, but it was still very expensive. Funny though we went back last year and spoke to the assistant who took the payment, showing him the ring again and he said it isn't what it used to be and in another jewellers where I was having a repair done, the jeweller looked at it, screwed his face up and shook his head from side to side...all I can say is that the weight is there, good job!!

I do have a pair of gold pearl earrings and will say that at that time Clogau were very good, they didn't quibble when I had one post shorter than the other causing the earring to pinch when the butterfly was on...they replaced them. I also have a couple of silver pieces OH bought me and have told him not to waste his money again, they tarnish very quickly, more quickly than the silver findings I use to make my own bits'n'pieces.

Like many, Clogau lost its shine for me when production went to China, the romance went out of it :sad:

My daughter in law is Welsh and proud of it. For a big birthday I offered to buy her a piece of Clogau and she looked at me in disgust and said "no way, it isn`t even Welsh and they`re ripping people off even saying it`s Welsh ! ".
When she married my son she wanted a true Welsh gold wedding ring and the only place they could find a genuine 100% Welsh gold ring was in a pawn shop. It`s a plain band, has a good weight to it and even though it`s estimated to be touching 100 years old, it still cos a pretty penny. They bought it from a pawn shop near the small Welsh village where she was born and bred and whenever she returns to visit her Mother she scours the pawn shops to look for other true Welsh gold items which are few and far between.

My Dad was Welsh, hence the connection there and my love of Wales. I expect his Mum, my Nain had a true welsh ring.

Latest posts

Back