Clogau Preseli Blue Ring

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I rarely wear costume jewellery. I think Clogau do some lovely pieces but every time I've wanted one it hasn't been right when I've seen it in the flesh. Loved the silver and rose gold oak leaf charm bracelet.

Having said I rarely wear costume jewellery, I bought a poke yer eye out bright necklace a couple of years ago from Accesorize. Multi coloured with tassels and wee wooden parrots. Nothing shy and retiring about it. And I honestly think I've had more compliments on that necklace than almost any other piece of jewellery I've ever worn.

I agree M&S do some lovely things. And they do very Bibi style pieces too sometimes.

I like Links of London but I know a lot of people think its overpriced. Its good that we don't all like the same.

I was lucky enough to be in the right place/time when a local goldsmith was starting out. I have a ring and a pair of earrings he made in a Celtic design from gold mined near him in Wales.

Clogau was lovely when it started, pretty designs, a touch of Welsh gold and made in Wales - something different. Now, though, there are a lot of complaints about quality (or lack of, with hinges on bangles breaking etc., although they do have a good replacement policy).

I also have a few plain band rings made from Welsh gold that I bought 25 years ago. They're the Maiden gold that's completely Welsh gold apart from the alloy making up to the 18/22kt. If you're after pure Welsh gold, look for the Maiden brand an hallmark.

I've always liked some of the designs of Clogau and thought the huge prices were because they were made from rare Welsh gold. Hah, well more fool me when I realised there is only a very tiny amount of Welsh gold in them. How can those prices be justified? Everyone can spend their money as they wish of course but this doesn't seem a very good deal to me.

CC

Latest posts

Back