cleanser help

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

julia076

Registered Shopper
I have been using the a'kin rose and geranium cleanser for a while and although i do like it i wondered if there is something similar i could use that is not quite so expensive. i wondered if any one has any suggestions ? i have ezcema prone skin that can be very red and irritated.

thank you

It's not QVC, but I have been using Natural Being's Manuka Foaming Cleanser, £4.99 for 100ml. Found it on the MyPure site where I got my A'Kin. Good reviews and I like it, lasts for ever! I am about to try Yes To Tomatoes foaming cleanser, that is £8.99 for 100ml. The Yes To Cucumbers gets very good reviews for sensitive skin. They also do wipes, 30 for £4.99. I admit it, I am a cleanser junkie, always searching for something else. :thinking:

I agree with chrissie, i have used botanics balm it is fab and great value . Although it is definetely balmy and needs a bit of work with the muslin to completely remove every last trace of it. The cloth that comes with it is rubbish ! I use LE or Eve lom muslin . Quite often get 3 for 2 , it works out ridiculously cheap !
When i consider what i have spent on cleansers in the past *sighs* AY has a lot to answer for .............................
Cat

ive used emma hardie * also mary cohr too.......her lavender & marigold etc is nice.......not tried the one your on [ akin ] so cant comment on that

I don't know how much your current cleanser is,but I have skin very similiar to yours and I have to use Liz Earle.I've tried lots of others but they irritate my skin.

another vote for the Boots Botanics balm, I love it. True, the cloth isn't up to much but I have many muslin and microfibre ones so no probs. I also like the Superdrug Vitamin E, which comes with a better cloth - last week it was on offer at about £3. I do also use C & P and jojoba oil..I'm a gal that looks what's in the box and thinks "what shall I use tonight"..! I do also have the A'kin! Today in Boyes I came across A L'Oreal cleansing milk so of course I got that to try..£2.49 I think...I'm always advocating "expensive isn't necessarily better" and I do also like my Dove soap but that's for morning when I like a proper wash. Lots of stuff out there worth trying Julia!

I love the Decleor one in the same pump as cleanse and polish. It seems pricey but a fraction of a pump really lathers up and any more would just be a waste. I also prefer the cloths to the Liz Earle ones, which I find too scratchy.

I like the Sanctuary Hot Cloth Cleanser which I get for around a fiver when they have the £5 off vouchers on in Boots. I do prefer the LE muslin cloths though.

Defnitely recommed the Botanic range from boots, also I like there eye make up removed the one in the tube as I have awfully sensitive eyes which can be dry ............ this does nt set them off. Also the scrub was good and the balm - as there is a three for two at the mo

Also if fed and irritated skin maybe Alpha H would be a good idea, could try the Liquid Harmony................... i use liquid gold which tones all my redness and prone to excema around my nose.......... but my skin is fairly tough as I ve been exfoliating like mad for years.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back