Claudia trying to belittle simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She did something similar on air a while ago to Craig. They were doing a jewellery show and he correctly pronounced "Labradorite". She made a huge fuss and giggled furiously insisting that the correct pronunciation was "Labradite". Made a right idiot of herself! She really does think she is something special.

Gawd! well remembered! I saw that one with Craig-she was waaaaay out of her depth. Silly moo.

I think she is also one, amongst others, who likes to say PAINTENT instead of patent. Now that does annoy me! I must stop this now because I am becoming too grumpy for my own good with all this. Off to have a cup of tea!

I think that Claudia has a condition akin to dyslexia... dyslocution, that sounds good ;)

Doesn't anyone remember her presenting an Italian accessories show? No matter how many times she was told how to pronounce the brand name she could not do it, it was very embarrassing - particularly as she could have avoided saying the word at all, but didn't.

I've just been through QVC's list of brands (get a life, girl!, I hear you cry) and I don't think they do it any more, but it went something like Ola-Lilo (not really) and Claudia simply could not put the syllables and/or vowel sounds in the right order.

Won't someone put me out of my misery?

clemenzina

to correct someones pronouciation is the ultimate in bad manners, to wrap it up, the saying is 'if the lady wishes to eat 'advocadoes, quwichie and gatux' then let her enjoy

She was with the HP chap launching the TSV the other night and I squirmed everytime she said 'h'aitch p. She's a one to comment on pronounciation! Also, all that giggling froim the comments of that bl***y gallery, sounds like they are all taking the piddle to me!

I've noticed that 'Tignanello' is a problem for many of the presenters. As is 'Veronese' - even the ad voiceover woman gets it wrong. Barely a one of them can say 'Cerchio' properly, no matter how often their Italian guest repeats it. I'm often amused by how confidently they mispronounce names - Claudia and Julia are about the only ones who admit to not being sure.

A while back they had a beauty product (possibly aromessence ongles) and someone was pronouncing it anglais which confused me initially as I wondered what english had to do with it. I know it's a foreign word and I know how to pronounce it from studying french at school but I would expect the presenters to check it out as part of their preparation.

I think she's a completely empty vessel. All her explanations and descriptions are meaningless. Some of the presenters do proper research, and have interesting facts, particularly with the jewellery. She just spouts vacuous phrases and words she clearly doesn't understand.

Um... can you tell I don't like her?
Everything about her is wooden. :11: I mean if she ever went to Madame Tussauds, she'd probably get mistaken for one of the mannequins.

Latest posts

Back