Clarisonic at a Q!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

thanks everyone for the info and Pandora for your review, I've watched the demo and read reviews from QVC US and really cannot see there is that much difference between Clarasonic and the much cheaper Tresonic! (which also has great reviews on QVC UK)

And as I have discovered through many years of buying beauty products on QVC more expensive does not always equal better!

If I hadn't already tried the Tresonic with no great results I would probably have jumped in straight away but am swithering now, though if it comes on Easy Pay or I get a code etc I may well go for it & just make sure I send it back within the 30 days if don't see any difference!

Firstly a big Thank You to Vampyre who was the first person to talk of the Clarisonic. She bought her one from the US directly before it came to the UK and raved about it.

The trouble with the Tresonic, is QVC have no video up to watch to really compare. The Tresonic seems more like the ones you could buy from Boots for years. Had loads of a attachments for doing this and that. The thing I remember about the QVC UK demo it only showed the woman telling us the model smiling and cleaning her face and the top veiw of a bowl of water.

Now the Clarisonic is expensive but you actually register it on the Clarisonic website(they have a UK one), and you have problems their customer service is brilliant. In the US people have said my Clarisonic stopped working after two years and they contacted Clarisonic sent it back and got a brand new machine.

As for the UK site, well I wanted the delicate head (the blue one), and the shop not open yet. I emailed a few times with replies saying they would be live shortly. I finally phoned a freephone number, spoke to a lady and asked if they had a definite date for opening the shop part of the website. She took my number and said someone work phone me back. Well 10 mins later the managing director of Clarisonic UK phoned me, said yes he knew I had emailed before and was very sorry about the delay in the shop opening. I was sent free of charge a brand new delicate brush.

I watched the video on QVC US and am really interested in this. QVC price with p+p is £161.75 but you get 2 replacement heads and the cleansing tubes. I looked at Space NK but it seems that £150 is for the machine only and I'd have to pay another £40 for 2 heads. Is that right or am I missing something?

Well the Clarisonic has finally appeared on the Q today. Pity they did not give easy pay for people to actually try it with spending an arm and a leg in one go.

So you do get the extra heads and a full size cleanser with the three trials sizes.

I took the plunge and ordered one last Friday as I had the birthday weekend code for 3 easy pays. I don't think I would have gone for it without the EP, I am surprised they are selling it without as I'm pretty sure the price will deter a lot of people from trying it.

Anyway it arrived today but it needs charging for 24 hours & I'm away with work tomorrow & Friday so will have to test at the weekend. I will report back once I've given it a proper try!

Donna - did you write a review on QVC website for this called 'QVC what took you so long?' I thought it was you as it sounded like everything you had been saying on here and if so, Claire Sutton has just read it out - Clarsonic demo in the 10pm Beauty hour. Fame at last!!! :grin:

Missed it on-air but just watched the demo on the website. Do want to get this - just wish it was on EP :talking:

Donna - did you write a review on QVC website for this called 'QVC what took you so long?' I thought it was you as it sounded like everything you had been saying on here and if so, Claire Sutton has just read it out - Clarsonic demo in the 10pm Beauty hour. Fame at last!!! :grin:

Yes that was me. To be honest, I didn't think Q would put it up. But they did.
I do really think the the machine is awesome and decided to pass on the tips I got from watching the man who invented it.

I remember being tempted by this machine when Vampyre first mentioned it but didn't get one. Now my interest has been rekindled and with gift time fast approaching I'm going to put it on my list! Could you very knowledgeable members point me in the right direction for the best price, package combination, etc. please? :mysmilie_508:

I've been reading the reviews on Sephora and they are fantastic - sounds as if DDs and I need a job lot!
As I travel a bit, the Mia sounds particularly interesting, does anyone know when in 2011 it will be available in the UK?

But remember when checking. QVC are giving extra full size cleanser plus three 30mls sizes of the others, also two extra heads. Other places you only get the three 30mls size cleansers and you get one head.

The heads are £20 to buy.

The cleansers I was not mad about so don't count them in the extras for your money. I use Elemis Sensitive Cleansing Wash, but that is because I like it and used it anyway. Philosophy Purity works with it too. But any cleaner foaming or just removed with water will work.

QVC US have a fab TSV on this today.Works out at £118 + p&p. Includes 3 extra brush heads plus a philosophy cleanser, moisturiser and shampoo/shower gel. Sorry can't paste the link but check it out. I think it was on 4easy pay too. Come on QVC UK, can't we have the same please?

QVC US have a fab TSV on this today.Works out at £118 + p&p. Includes 3 extra brush heads plus a philosophy cleanser, moisturiser and shampoo/shower gel. Sorry can't paste the link but check it out. I think it was on 4easy pay too. Come on QVC UK, can't we have the same please?

Wow that fab, why can't we have it. Thinking of getting one from lookfantastic with 10% discount code:cheeky:

Attachments

• clarisonic_US_tsv_201010.jpg
    clarisonic_US_tsv_201010.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 109
I know this may sound like a silly question when considering the price difference but I really would like to know before I spend quite a lot of money on this product. Quite a long time ago I bought the Homedics Facial Spa which was a TSV for about £19.99, in what way is the Clarisonic different? I should say that the TSV was nothing special and it ended up in cupboard unused. I took it out yesterday to recharge it and found that it does not work but it won't be missed!

I know this may sound like a silly question when considering the price difference but I really would like to know before I spend quite a lot of money on this product. Quite a long time ago I bought the Homedics Facial Spa which was a TSV for about £19.99, in what way is the Clarisonic different? I should say that the TSV was nothing special and it ended up in cupboard unused. I took it out yesterday to recharge it and found that it does not work but it won't be missed!

Hi, if you go on Youtube and search 'Clarisonic' you can see loads of reviews. I am dithering about buying one too.

Firstly if you are not going to use it every day then do not buy the Clarisonic. Think of it like cleaning your teeth one minute is all it takes to cleanse your face. If you are not going to do then don't waste your money.

The cheaper version do not have the power or speed. The whole head just rotates, the Clarisonic the inner head of the brush moves on its own. Also like comparing cleaning your teeth with a manual toothbrush vs a sonic one how cleaner are your teeth. Does your dentist have clean off tartar with a manual brush compared to a sonic?

Hi everyone!

I too am very veyr interested in trying the clarisonic (why its not on easy pay i don't know!) anyway, they keep saying you can use it with any cleanser but then also say to use on damp skin. I use Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish /Elemis Pro radiance cleanser, both of which are used on dry skin - how would i use this type of cleanser with the clarisonic? Do any of you use your clarisonice with either of these cleansers?
Thanks in advance x

Latest posts

Back