Claire Sutton

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've always liked Claire but always felt in the minority so it's good to read the posts above! I think she is genuine and would make a wonderful friend..I think she's lovely.

Couldn't have put it better myself Carol! I'm always happy when I realise Claire's presenting, I find her great company. I imagine she's exactly the same off-screen as on-screen, when I read posts about her fake nature I always feel the opposite, I think what you see is what you get with Claire. I also find her a great describer, she has a wide vocabulary which she deploys well, rather than someone like Anna Cookson, who I don't particularly dislike, but who I feel utilises her vocab in a more pointed, trying-to-impress way. I remember Claire once saying years ago that she and her siblings were sent by their parents to elocution lessons, and how she's never lost her diction since, and how amusing it was to hear these kids speaking RP in and amongst the wonderful dialect of Rochdale! She does have a lot going on at home too and as much as professionals are just that she remains a real person with a real life, and I'm sure that must affect her at times, in fact she's written about it quite eloquently on her blog. I'm happy to be Claire's superfan!

Last edited:
Been watching Claire from the very first day she joined, her persona hasn't changed one bit, lovely lady in my opinion :)

Anyone else remember when Thomas was a baby, Kara Baker bought him on set, along with Claire's husband, when Claire was just winding up the hour she was presenting - I think it was Xmas, I'm sure Kara had Thomas in a giant Xmas stocking! But it was lovely, Claire was almost in tears and I certainly was!

I don't think Claire is fake. Whether you like her full on style or not I think she is who she is. Baby voice, OTT gestures, the lot. That's just who she is.

Its no secret that Claire is my least favourite presenter due to her over bearing,cutesy squeely juvenile presenting style which in my opinion comes accross as fake and rather show offy.

I am sure she's a lovely lady in real life and a great Mum/wife/friend etc but that's not for me to judge as I am unlikely to ever know her personally.
I base my own judgements on what I see on my TV and rarely watch anything Claire presents any more,because I find her irritating-but it's no biggy....it's only shopping!!

I agree, Lemon. I'm sure she has her good points but her whole TV persona comes across as pedicured as Lulu Guinness's toenails.
Its no secret that Claire is my least favourite presenter due to her over bearing,cutesy squeely juvenile presenting style which in my opinion comes accross as fake and rather show offy.

I am sure she's a lovely lady in real life and a great Mum/wife/friend etc but that's not for me to judge as I am unlikely to ever know her personally.
I base my own judgements on what I see on my TV and rarely watch anything Claire presents any more,because I find her irritating-but it's no biggy....it's only shopping!!

I think I have gained a bit of an insight reading that article. It seems it hasnt all been peachy for Claire.

I'm sure that most or all of the presenters are just normal decent people. We like some, we dislike some, it's human nature. People wind me up sometimes, I don't let it get to me.

As I said earlier Claire has always seemed nice to me and I think this thread has made people see her in a different light - a good one :)

I have no doubt that Claire is a lovely person, but I'm afraid I find her voice and the silly "baby talk" just too much for comfortable viewing, so I don't.

I don't enjoy watching QVC with the sound off so I often miss hours I probably would have watched, this doesn't just apply to Claire either. Actually, I'm not sure if it's presenters at fault or just me getting older and a short tempered old bat lol!

It's all good for the bank balance though..

One of the worst presenters of all time was Anthony Heywood. He came across as someone who wanted to be a big star but was making do with this cheap shopping channel which wasn't good enough for him really. He also kept on about how he had a small part in Dennis Waterman's "Stay Lucky." Big deal Anthony! I played a baby in Crossroads and had my right foot in an episode of Bergerac! So what!

One of the worst presenters of all time was Anthony Heywood. He came across as someone who wanted to be a big star but was making do with this cheap shopping channel which wasn't good enough for him really. He also kept on about how he had a small part in Dennis Waterman's "Stay Lucky." Big deal Anthony! I played a baby in Crossroads and had my right foot in an episode of Bergerac! So what!

You may want to pop your flame-proof nightie on Julius!

Did your foot have a talking part as apparently you used to get paid double if you spoke? :ninja:

ooo, i think i remember you !

Meg xxx

Latest posts

Back