Chuntley's style no no👎

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

missbabs

Registered Shopper
A change is as good as a rest but,I'm not loving Catherine Huntley's new look! I don't think it's all her own doing,the presenter stylist Stein strikes again! Turn up jeans,bovver boots,this has got Stein written all over it! I hope she dusts off her heels and jumpsuits pretty darn quick!

Could be her new partner he.was.the one who started her on the vegan thing.

The doctor Martin's look is very in now with women of.a certain age. Gloria Honeyford.is always.wearing them.
I saw Alexis the L'Occy rep in Chanel style jacket in cream, with oversize floppy cuffs on a black blouse, with a jagged hem mid-calf net skirt teamed with chunky DM style boots on a show.
I did post a thread on CH's unfortunate Dick Emery bovver boy look. Glad to hear they are persisting with the mutton looks. Brutally CH doesn't have the leg length for the look. But, hey, if she feels comfy and confident in it, rock on

I saw Alexis the L'Occy rep in Chanel style jacket in cream, with oversize floppy cuffs on a black blouse, with a jagged hem mid-calf net skirt teamed with chunky DM style boots on a show.
I did post a thread on CH's unfortunate Dick Emery bovver boy look. Glad to hear they are persisting with the mutton looks. Brutally CH doesn't have the leg length for the look. But, hey, if she feels comfy and confident in it, rock on
Yeah,comfy when out walking the dog but on the telly👎👎

And really, why not reinvent yourself periodically if that's what makes you feel good? Not every couple of weeks, just now and again. Having said that, I've changed little in the past few years except my weight........ 🆘

And really, why not reinvent yourself periodically if that's what makes you feel good? Not every couple of weeks, just now and again. Having said that, I've changed little in the past few years except my weight........ 🆘
Not changing at all can make us look dated and can be very aging.
I think Catherine takes it to excess, and has the unlovable habit of fishing for compliments while admiring herself in the monitor.

All the fashion pages in mags are featuring these bovver boots, and Gloria Hunniford ?????? seriously ??? its all a matter of personal choice, as is all fashion, but if I trotted out - even walking the dog, in those army boots, those I know would think I had taken leave of my sense.

Just shows how the sheep following public are dictated to by a few kids on a computer in a fashion house deciding what the next 'trend' will be.

Not changing at all can make us look dated and can be very aging.
I think Catherine takes it to excess, and has the unlovable habit of fishing for compliments while admiring herself in the monitor.

I think that's what's happened to me. Though I do sort of have an excuse...

Jeans as everything gets stuffed into pockets. I can't carry a bag as I use crutches. I'm afraid to use a cross-body bag after a few yobs tried yanking mine off me several years ago.

Dark/black tops as I without fail spill something over myself if I wear something lighter.

Fitflops as any other shoes worn for more than half an hour kicks off the nerve pain in my feet. I even wear them as slippers. Though if I'm sitting down in the evenings I will wear sheepskin slippers in an effort to stop everything below my knees from freezing! I've also had to give up any sandals that don't have a back strap as I can no longer keep them on my feet.

I feel a complete boring mess as I miss my old way of dressing. I've never been a keep-up-with-ridiculous-trends person but I do like smart clothes. I could never allow myself to buy cheap, throwaway fashion either. I like quality clothes at a reasonable price that I look after and wear for years. I have some lovely stuff in my wardrobe but now never wear it even when I was going out.

I easily pass as 'the cleaner' (which I always pass myself off as when strangers knock the door) because my 'knocking around' outfit is shockingly scruffy.

All the fashion pages in mags are featuring these bovver boots, and Gloria Hunniford ?????? seriously ??? its all a matter of personal choice, as is all fashion, but if I trotted out - even walking the dog, in those army boots, those I know would think I had taken leave of my sense.

Just shows how the sheep following public are dictated to by a few kids on a computer in a fashion house deciding what the next 'trend' will be.
I love boots & have many different styles. I go from them to sandals & the only shoes I have are the really smart ones that attend weddings & my strumpet heels 👠 The thought of little Gloria, with her cotton bud hairstyle, wearing Docs is a funny one. Mind you I've just come back from shopping wearing a dress, because all my jeans were in the wash, with my walking boots & Wintertrax so I looked a sight.

I totally agree when it comes to how we look, she also does it about who she is - the Q's version of Mr Benn.

Jeans as everything gets stuffed into pockets. I can't carry a bag as I use crutches. I'm afraid to use a cross-body bag after a few yobs tried yanking mine off me several years ago.

Dark/black tops as I without fail spill something over myself if I wear something lighter.

Fitflops as any other shoes worn for more than half an hour kicks off the nerve pain in my feet. I even wear them as slippers. Though if I'm sitting down in the evenings I will wear sheepskin slippers in an effort to stop everything below my knees from freezing! I've also had to give up any sandals that don't have a back strap as I can no longer keep them on my feet.

I fee as I miss my old way of dressing. I've never been a keep-up-with-ridiculous-trends person but I do like smart clothes. I could never allow myself to buy cheap, throwaway fashion either. I like quality clothes at a reasonable price that I look after and wear for years. I have some lovely stuff in my wardrobe but now never wear it even when I was going out.

I easily pass as 'the cleaner' (which I always pass myself off as when strangers knock the door) because my 'knocking around' outfit is shockingly scruffy.
Dear alter - your words have really bothered me & I apologise in advance if this is sticking my nose in where it's not wanted. You don't have an excuse, you have reasons & you're NOT a ' complete boring mess'. Are you worried that someone grabbing your bag could knock you over? If not, & it's just the thought of someone taking it when you can't fight back, there are substantial, but still lightweight bags around - I've got one from Travleon & it even has a reinforced gusset (get that!). Jeans & Fitflops look great together, so do dark tops, especially when worn with a stylish scarf or jewellery. I don't know if you can't or won't wear the clothes in your wardrobe, however, surely some can be worn with jeans? As for passing yourself off as the cleaner, DON'T. By the way I don't have an issue with anyone being a domestic worker & often thought about doing it as a job. Please remember that you're the girl with eyes the colour of smoke, dolphins & baby elephants 💐

I think that those who don't have to work at home and are on Zoom meetings, (like me) and like Alter, have clothes in the wardrobe that haven't seen the light of day for over 18 months ! nowhere to go to wear them ! so we've all become used to not exactly looking our (ahem) best. Speaking to friends, we all seem to be of a like mind - that we just alternate a few pieces of comfy wear and the decent stuff is waiting for the day of freedom !

I love my clothes, but at 72 with ample stock hanging there, I just want to keep going so that I get my wear out of them. I've even bought new 'stuff' - I'm living in hope !

I feel a complete boring mess as I miss my old way of dressing. I've never been a keep-up-with-ridiculous-trends person but I do like smart clothes. I could never allow myself to buy cheap, throwaway fashion either. I like quality clothes at a reasonable price that I look after and wear for years. I have some lovely stuff in my wardrobe but now never wear it even when I was going out.

Bless you Alter, if you feel warm comfy and secure that's all that matters and if someone knocks on your door please don't say you're the cleaner (we women are our own worse critics) if the stranger doesn't like your 'knocking around' outfit then they can sling their hook.

By the way I used to be a cleaner, most of my jeans and tee shirts had marks where they had been splashed with bleach, my hair was up in a crocodile clip and the finishing touch was the yellow rubber gloves for that char lady vibe coming through :D

Well I am 79 next month and like most of us lately I am at home nearly all day and tend to wear the same old all the time. But recently I thought why am I keeping all these nice things for end of lockdown as it will be nearly summer so I have started wearing them and it just gives me a lift and makes me feel less scruffy and dowdy. At my age saving for a rainy day is not an option as it’s already here ( it has poured down all day) lol.

Latest posts

Back