Christmas with Alison Cork TSV 24/10/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Interior designer I think means sourcing products and selling them to the gullible, in the same way that Simon Wilson isn't really a jewellery designer he just sources stuff and adds his mark up to the price.

Shame really because I have a crafting video with Alison Cork (no video player to watch it tho!) from donkeys' years ago and it had some lovely projects from what I can remember. But now she's having fun shopping around for over-sized decorative stuff to sell through QVC which I suspect is far more lucrative.

Yep, quantity and profit is the name of the game. These items can be bought individually from China and a fraction of the price with free shipping, although it'll take a month to get here. (not much longer than Q's delivery system !)

I knew some of Simon Wilsons stuff can be got on Ali Baba very cheaply ,but he always gives the impression he designs his larger items and his clothing or "Couture"
as he calls them .

Its all smoke and mirrors.

I knew some of Simon Wilsons stuff can be got on Ali Baba very cheaply ,but he always gives the impression he designs his larger items and his clothing or "Couture"
as he calls them .

Its all smoke and mirrors.

I imagine that the pieces SW makes for his fashion shows, accessories for other 'catwalk' designers and celeb clients will be stunning and extremely pricey. His early stuff for QVC had some of that 'magic' and whilst I was never tempted to buy, I used to love watching him.

Nowadays the QVC products have been cut back to the bone in terms of design, style and manufacture. Sadly not the prices though.

Pipa just asked Alison what the breed is when showing the gold dog statues.Alison didnt know . They discussed what the breed could be.

I thought Alison was the designer ? Shouldn't she know what breed she designed ?

Alison Cork is doing what's known in the trade as a "Kelly Hoppen" were QVC bring in impotred Chinese tat and puts Alison Corks name to it, well I say Alison Cork, if I wasn't channel hopping on QVC I would never of heard of her.

The reason I say imported "Chinese tat" is because there's a boutique by were I live that sells almost identical taterlicious items, but at a much, much lower price.

It looks petrified to me. I'm all for tasteful decorations, and we all like different things, but if you go too poncey you lose the festive cheer altogether. It's certainly not giving me that warm and cosy feeling.

I imagine that the pieces SW makes for his fashion shows, accessories for other 'catwalk' designers and celeb clients will be stunning and extremely pricey. His early stuff for QVC had some of that 'magic' and whilst I was never tempted to buy, I used to love watching him.

Nowadays the QVC products have been cut back to the bone in terms of design, style and manufacture. Sadly not the prices though.

I thought i remembered some stunning SW TSVs back in the day. Now much of it looks like tat. I also used to love the shows .

I'm really glad people are seeing through the crap that gets touted as designer pieces. QVC really do take the mickey sometimes.

Latest posts

Back