Christmas Gift Ideas Reading Glasses Set TSV 24/07/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find it really bizarre that QVC are billing a set of reading glasses as a xmas gift. As a glasses wearer myself I know I have to try on at least a dozen pairs of frames before I find ones that I think suit me so don't know how anyone is supposed to buy them for someone else. I while I know my own prescription wouldn't know the prescription of even close family members, so again how do qvc think this is a suitable gift idea?

I got the TSV last year which included bi-focal sunglasses. I don't wear them often but my brother was interested when he saw them so it's a shame they don't do a more unisex design, maybe along the lines of Wayfarers. I agree they don't seem very festive but they usually have a short run TSV on these occasions so they can shift last year's Xmas left-overs as OTOs.

How many pairs of glasses does any one person need? Even to give as gifts? I don't know about anyone else, but I have tried these on in the shops, and have never yet found a strength, which provides me with clear viewing, and my left eye is quite bad. Even the least strong blurs my sight in my bad eye, so imagine what it is like in my good eye. Most people who wear eyeglasses, have one eye which has deteriorated more than the other. These glasses would be useless. I couldn't even wear them as reading glasses, cos I can't see a thing through them. Who CAN wear them?

Be still my beating heart - 5 whole months to wait.

Just seen the first Q ad wishing us seasons greetings complete with festive music

I have a couple of pairs dotted around the house to use as readers (like a pair in the bathroom to read hair dye instructions so my optician glasses don't get stained). I can use anything from a 1.00 to a 2.5 provided I only focus on reading close to. Once I look up from the page it's very blurry, but they're handy for a quick read when my specs aren't handy. I find reading a laptop screen is too far for them to focus.

I bought the TSV last year, very similar to this. 3 of the pairs broke the minute I took them out of their cases, one leg of each just fell off when I put them on. Couldn't return them as it was months after I had bought them. So anyone buying them, try them on as soon as you get them to make sure they are not going to fall apart.

So the quality of some of them was poor. On the up side, 2 of the pairs are still ok.

Why have a very un christmassy TSV o Christmas in July, what is wrong, with not having a Toy maybe, from there Toy Store, which would be wanted for Christmas, or maybe some novelity, and not a set of poxy glasses, its like youd be giving them for christmas, but morealess be telling relative, youre as blind as a bat, take the hint

What a strange gift for Christmas ..if that`s their best offer we should be looking elsewhere for our early Christmas shop!

I bought the TSV last year, very similar to this. 3 of the pairs broke the minute I took them out of their cases, one leg of each just fell off when I put them on. Couldn't return them as it was months after I had bought them. So anyone buying them, try them on as soon as you get them to make sure they are not going to fall apart.

So the quality of some of them was poor. On the up side, 2 of the pairs are still ok.

Not that this is going to help you after the fact but may help you in the future, you would have been able to return them. The product was faulty, therefore you are not returning them under the 30 day MBG, but because they were not of merchantable quality.

The recipient would be doing cartwheels round the room on opening their Xmas gift of reading glasses!! Nearly as bad as giving the pelvic floor exerciser as a gift.

Latest posts

Back