Charlie Flamin Brooks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Craig has been wearing the Buckley Poppy too and on ITV's This Morning Philip Schofield is wearing one. I don't care what it makes them look like as long as they are wearing a poppy.
Sorry Sazza but imho the brooch just looks poncey to me on a man, although in the case of those 3 I use that word loosely. A paper poppy looks fine on a man's lapel and holds the same sentiment.

As a man, I rather like the Buckley poppy and would wear one myself if it hadn't sold out. It's not really a brooch, per se, as it's the symbol itself that matters. However, I hope all those that don't need to buy a paper poppy each year still contribute a little something :)

Also, there is worse than Charlie on QVC. If I had to pick one presenter to be rid of, it would be Franksenstein!

Sorry Sazza but imho the brooch just looks poncey to me on a man, although in the case of those 3 I use that word loosely. A paper poppy looks fine on a man's lapel and holds the same sentiment.

Charlie is now sporting a paper poppy on the 1pm hour,well done you know it makes sense.

Danny is definitely not thick. He is is genuinely helpful and does know his stuff. You can tell he has a real passion for HP products and he has also been known to respond dircect to facebook queries as well. I think he is great and I can happily sit and listen to Danny explaining the products.

I must be just about on my own in really liking Charlie. He tickles my funny-bone and I often find myself laughing out loud when he's presenting. Just about the funniest thing I've ever seen was when he was presenting a vacuum cleaner with someone and it all went wrong.

... Also, there is worse than Charlie on QVC. If I had to pick one presenter to be rid of, it would be Franksenstein!

I thought, "Who's that then?"
And I thought and thought ...... and thought who vaguely looks the part .....

Wouldn't be 'The Housewives choice' would it? :biggrin:

Craig has been wearing the Buckley Poppy too and on ITV's This Morning Philip Schofield is wearing one. I don't care what it makes them look like as long as they are wearing a poppy.

Over on IW the men have been wearing the Kleshna ones. Imitation sincerest form of flattery!

Poppies

With regard to the wearing of poppies, I wear a single paper one as made by the British Legion.

Admittedly I am a Legion member and Poppy seller but I would rather all funds went to the Legion than just a percentage from a private jewellery manufacturer as is the case with the two diamante ones.

It is the same with everything these days, people like to be "designer". They all want a posher version of a very ordinary thing.

The paper ones and the larger silk ones, wreaths etc are all made by ex servicemen/disabled workers who really care about the Legion.

Being the least "designer" person I know I bought mine for two reasons

I like to wear a poppy for 3-4 weeks and often don't see anyone collecting until around Rememberance day.

I invariably lose the paper one or it gets tatty

I shall continue to make a donation each year as I have always done

I bought the Buckley one, from the British Legion direct, because like Frazzled said, when I get paper ones they always look tatty or ripped after the first day so I wanted one that was always look smart.

However, I put it in my coat this morning for the first time and the pin snapped off. :sad:

I bought the Buckley one, from the British Legion direct, because like Frazzled said, when I get paper ones they always look tatty or ripped after the first day so I wanted one that was always look smart.

However, I put it in my coat this morning for the first time and the pin snapped off. :sad:

When I bought mine last year I thought the pin had broken off. However I found that it slides back in from the top, not easy to explain and a bit fiddly, but have a try, it might not be broken.

Absolutely brolly bananas Kitee, it worked. You are a genius and my new Great Mate.
Thankyoooooooou!!! :heart:

Latest posts

Back