Centigrade

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i have bought 3 shearling coats and they are all really nice. best use your tape maesure as they all come up diffrerntly. in fact the quality of the ones i have are far better than the dennis basso ones and they cost a lot more.
i ahve a floor leagnth one in black shearling lined in a faux mink and it looks really lovely with my pashmina and boots. i feel like the snow queen lol

I have a mac and a winter coat and I re-ordered both in a smaller size when I lost weight (different colours). I want to slim down a bit more and will re-order both of these when I do, switching colours. The local charity will think DejaVu! x Snarly

I've got four coats from the range. Two were bought from last clicks and two as TSVs. I've got a little shorter length hooded mac in green which I've had years and is beautiful quality. I've a grey funnel neck coat which is super for winter, a duffle coat which is past its best now but OK for walking out and about in and a wonderful navy military coat which is very vintage looking. I'm a bit picky about the styles I have and I don't like everything they do, but on the whole I think it's probably one of the better fashion ranges Q peddle.

I bought a mac last year. It was a OTO and it's been great. so much so I ordered another of their macs. Although they were meant to be exactly the same size the second one had longer arms and felt tight, so it went back. Luck of the draw l guess with QVC's sizing.

Centigrade's sizes are completely barmy! I have 2 macs and a faux shearling one. They are all different sizes - what?! I really like the macs, which are the short swing style, one is a lovely purple colour. It is hit and miss though getting the right size, there doesn't seem to be much point in going by the measurements they give you, its trial and error which a real pain if you have to return it to get a different size.

Did anyone else catch this last night for £20 on easy pay?

I ordered two as sizing unreliable - I promise the return will be in pristine condition if you ordered on waitlist!

I think over 3000 were ordering when I phoned - first time I've caught Qcut engaged!

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=151040&x=0&y=0&storeId=10252&langId=-2&catalogId=10152&resultsWithTopSellers=false&sc=151040-ISRC&keyword=151040&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

I saw it. What a bargain!! I ordered the short swing mac in a small. I have no idea what I'm doing in terms of all these sizes!! That was 4 easy pays of £8 odd. Am still.looking for a winter coat though, despite my 2 Centigrade orders!! Hope you love your jacket Frazzled :D

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I have a shearling one from a couple of years ago & I love it. In fact I like it more than a real shearling one that my husband bought me at great expense as that one is heavy & is quite restricting to move my arms in, can't wear it to drive.
The centigrade one is light, warm & comfy to wear & you can chuck it in the washing machine if it gets grubby.

Well, my short swing mac has arrived in blue and it's stunning! I went to look for the chest measurements but the item is not coming up on the stupid app - 144094 if anyone else can find it!

I ordered the small. I just measured across the back at 20 inches. It's slightly too big all over apart from the chestal area, always the case. Grr. Nothing a moved button won't fix though. So I am now thinking I'll be lucky to get my wrist in the xs shearling coat!! I know the sizes all have different measurement though, so you never know, ha ha! At least I have saved one lot of return postage with the mac. Very pleased with it. Oh, but it's dry clean only :confused: Don't think that was mentioned and isn't the brands usp that everything is washable?! Still, for £24 it'll see me nicely through the "transition period"....sorry, slipped into Glen mode then :eek:

Capirossi, i checked the website for the size for you , and believe it or not i can't see any

sizes listed , checked other items in centigrade, and the measurements were listed, so

i checked again, and no listed sizes, and it does say dry clean only. Gets a lot of good

reviews, and 4 point something out of 5. Sorry i couldn't be more help :sad:

Well, my short swing mac has arrived in blue and it's stunning! I went to look for the chest measurements but the item is not coming up on the stupid app - 144094 if anyone else can find it!

I ordered the small. I just measured across the back at 20 inches. It's slightly too big all over apart from the chestal area, always the case. Grr. Nothing a moved button won't fix though. So I am now thinking I'll be lucky to get my wrist in the xs shearling coat!! I know the sizes all have different measurement though, so you never know, ha ha! At least I have saved one lot of return postage with the mac. Very pleased with it. Oh, but it's dry clean only :confused: Don't think that was mentioned and isn't the brands usp that everything is washable?! Still, for £24 it'll see me nicely through the "transition period"....sorry, slipped into Glen mode then :eek:

Thats one of the macs I have. I bought it in black 2 years ago. I initially bought the medium and then had to change it for the large. I am a 14/16 size. Last year I bought another swing mac in purple, which I love - that one is a medium with room to spare. See what I mean about weird sizing!! There are no measurements on the website which is odd as that particular mac has been on there over 2 years. Another thing about Centigrade - I have never received one of their coats that does not need one or more buttons re-sewing back on. Attention to detail is not great.

Capirossi, i checked the website for the size for you , and believe it or not i can't see any

sizes listed , checked other items in centigrade, and the measurements were listed, so

i checked again, and no listed sizes, and it does say dry clean only. Gets a lot of good

reviews, and 4 point something out of 5. Sorry i couldn't be more help :sad:[/QUOTE Here it is for your viewing http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...-ISRC&keyword=144094&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch Maybe you'll
have more luck than me, still can't see it doh

Thats one of the macs I have. I bought it in black 2 years ago. I initially bought the medium and then had to change it for the large. I am a 14/16 size. Last year I bought another swing mac in purple, which I love - that one is a medium with room to spare. See what I mean about weird sizing!! There are no measurements on the website which is odd as that particular mac has been on there over 2 years. Another thing about Centigrade - I have never received one of their coats that does not need one or more buttons re-sewing back on. Attention to detail is not great.

That's a bit crazy Itchy!! They really are a mixed up crazy brand aren't they?! It's creased like hell too, did you iron yours? I was thinking of it, with a pillowcase on top.

reviews, and 4 point something out of 5. Sorry i couldn't be more help :sad:[/QUOTE Here it is for your viewing http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...-ISRC&keyword=144094&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch Maybe you'll
have more luck than me, still can't see it doh

Aww thanks Barbs, you're a star! Am going to switch laptop on later so will have a good look. The app is crap, ha ha!!

Mine was not very creased. I can't see a problem ironing it with something inbetween, tea towel or pillow case.

I have four Centigrade coats that I've had a couple of years and still wear regularly . My most favourite is the 'Foldaway Mac ' with the spotty lining . It's a lightweight summer mac that is really useful and washes easily in the machine . The sizing is pretty accurate with that one .
I wear my 'feather & down ' coats a lot , starting now the weather is chillier. One is full length and one's more jacket length.I found I needed to go up a size with those. They are lightweight and cosy but I get occasional feathers working their way through the fabric. These coats wash well in the machine but need to be tumble dried so it was off to the laundrette for me to use the drier there . The result was very successful !
I also have the A line mac , featured in some recent shows , that has popper fastenings . With that one I needed to go down a size . The quality of the fabric and finish is good.

I have the advantage of being quite near an outlet store so can try them on in advance ( or at least work out what size will work ) . I agree that sizing is the biggest issue with Centigrade.

Well, my faux shearling in winter white has arrived :D The verdict? Absolutely fabulous dahling :cool:

And lo and behold, I got in the xs!!! I wasn't expecting that. The buttons done up are a bit snug where it matters, but if fits perfectly everywhere else. I have tried it open with jeans - looks fab, although I intend the stitch the pockets to the lining as that flapping about looks stupid! I have done it all the way up and it still looks ok, but looks even better with the top button undone. I thought the coat would look awful on me being short and curvy, but it is surprisingly flattering!

Now I just need to work out how to set my tumble to low. It just has durations. Although there is another dial with temps on, which I use for the wash - do you reckon this applies to the dryer too? Only had it 8 years :confused:

I intend TO stitch the pockets. For some reason it wouldn't let me modify :-(

Thats you all ready for the winter now Capirossi, a mac and a shearling jacket, glad you tested
the water in Centigrade, and didn't regret it. And i know you've plenty of handbags to "go"
with the coats, or maybe you need another, just incase he he

Excellent result Capirossi, you obviously managed to cleverly pick two of the OK & true to size styles, nice one! (It'll never work out so favourable for you again, you realise that, don't you? lol) :grin:

I'm most pleased for you, buying coats is one of the things I hate most, they are almost on a par with shoes for the 'impossible to find one that really fits' factor for me, I either end up looking like a bag lady or an overstuffed sausage roll! :sad:

Thats you all ready for the winter now Capirossi, a mac and a shearling jacket, glad you tested
the water in Centigrade, and didn't regret it. And i know you've plenty of handbags to "go"
with the coats, or maybe you need another, just incase he he

Ooh barbs, you know me too well!! Actually, as soon as I put it on I picked up my stone polka dot Franka and it's a match made in heaven!!

Excellent result Capirossi, you obviously managed to cleverly pick two of the OK & true to size styles, nice one! (It'll never work out so favourable for you again, you realise that, don't you? lol) :grin:

I'm most pleased for you, buying coats is one of the things I hate most, they are almost on a par with shoes for the 'impossible to find one that really fits' factor for me, I either end up looking like a bag lady or an overstuffed sausage roll! :sad:

Lol. I think it was pure fluke to be honest, but thanks for the vote of confidence, ha ha!! I hate coat shopping too. Am pleased to say though, my wardrobe is now half full of winter coats and jackets, so I shall definitely be needing no more!!

I am pleased that Centigrade didn't let me down. I just wore my blue mac for the annual vets trip. Despite now being covered in white fur, it served me very well :D

Am puss enemy numero uno at the mo, as you can imagine :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back