Catherine Huntley's Interviewing Style

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
Catherine, we all know you read the forum even though you dont post any more so here's a message from me to you.

when you take a call, after the initial "Hello's" are over, why do you always pause and wait for the caller to start speaking? they rarely do so there is an uncomfortable pause in the proceeedings after which you and the caller invariably start babbling at the same time.

you have been on air an awful lot this weekend and every time i have tuned in i have caught you at it.

in case no one has explained, YOU are the presenter which means YOU need to take the lead in the phonecalls... ok? you cant rely on the caller to launch into whatever they were ringing to say without being prompted 'cos 9 time out of 10 they'll wait for you to initiate the conversation. so quit it with the silences already!

Grrr!:12:

...now shut your ears when I say this, Burly, the flaming Steiff bears aren't real Catherine!! Get it?

There is something about Catherine I've never quite taken too, I think it's the sound of her voice and she never seems that genuine. Anne Dawson was another one, but I quite like her now.

There is something about Catherine I've never quite taken too, I think it's the sound of her voice and she never seems that genuine. Anne Dawson was another one, but I quite like her now.

Ms Huntley bores me to tears even though I think she's probably really nice (sorry) and as for Anne Dawson... Can't stand her voice. It grates on me so badly I won't watch anything she's presenting. It's so nasally - rather like Alison Young's.

Both Anne Dawson ans Catherine Huntley are really nice. I have met both of them, and Anne has a brilliant sense of humour, Catherine is really friendly and nice and went out her way to fetch her camera to have a picture taken with me and my hubby as we wanted one.

I honestly hadn't noticed this...although it might well be one of those cases when I can't stop noticing it now you've pointed it out! :)

I have to say I really like CH. A pause may be awkward, but at least she's not talking over the caller or doing that presenter trick of asking really leading questions rather than talking to them like people. Catherine always seems like she's genuinely interested in listening to what the caller has to say & if that means there are occaisional pauses then that's fine by me.

I hope she has a thick skin if she reads this forum!

I certainly hope Ann Dawson does!
I too have spoken to both Catherine and Ann and have found them polite, friendly and interested in other people. I like them both and I think both of them get a ridiculously hard time over here some days!

Both Anne Dawson ans Catherine Huntley are really nice. I have met both of them, and Anne has a brilliant sense of humour, Catherine is really friendly and nice and went out her way to fetch her camera to have a picture taken with me and my hubby as we wanted one.

I think that's why I have taken to Anne over the years, I remember she did a few between Christmas and New Year shows a while ago and came out with some funny stories. She tells little snipets of information about herself which you can tell are true and not just for effect. Her voice is a bit OTT though.

I may take the p*** out of Anne Dawson and other QVC presenters, it doesn't mean I don't like them. I do the same with my family and they never take offence. My uncle is always telling me I look a state but you should see him
sml3.gif

I may take the p*** out of Anne Dawson and other QVC presenters, it doesn't mean I don't like them. I do the same with my family and they never take offence. My uncle is always telling me I look a state but you should see him
sml3.gif

Fair enough - of course you're family and friends know you - poor Ann does not! But I know what you mean, you're not being nasty. I get that.

Latest posts

Back