cashmasoft

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
What do people think of this? I have never bought it as I don't like synthetics, but it does look very nice. does it keep its shape?

thanks in advance.

I usually watch the shows and been tempted, but never bought any., The reviews are very mixed. A lost of people say the quality is bad and that they bobble. I won't take a chance. I am not watching at the moment, as Caramel is presenting and I just can't face hearing how SORFT everything is!

I have bought about 4 things in the past, 3 being the long waterfall cardigans they did a year or two back. They do keep their shape though and are quite soft but not quite like cashmere IMO. I also have another cardigan which I have worn quite a lot. It is softer than the long cardis but it has bobbled a bit. However, I have a number of real cashmere cardigans and they all bobble on the arms especially - I just take one of those bobble remover thingys - like a shaver, which works a treat. So, for the price I dont think they are bad because it seems to me that even when you pay more for real cashmere, you still get pilling.

my mum has a few and they are nice enough she bought them from last clicks so got them for very little money. the odd thing is the quality is variable some are better made than others. reminds me a bit like northern nights very hit and miss qvc own brands

I have bought about 4 things in the past, 3 being the long waterfall cardigans they did a year or two back. They do keep their shape though and are quite soft but not quite like cashmere IMO. I also have another cardigan which I have worn quite a lot. It is softer than the long cardis but it has bobbled a bit. However, I have a number of real cashmere cardigans and they all bobble on the arms especially - I just take one of those bobble remover thingys - like a shaver, which works a treat. So, for the price I dont think they are bad because it seems to me that even when you pay more for real cashmere, you still get pilling.

Thanks for that. I might chance one now. I quite like the tunic style one with the scarf.

You can get jumpers and cardigans like this in Marks,Debenhams and Sainsburys for between £7 and £20 and no p&p. The cashmasoft stuff looks like it may go shiny after a few washes IYKWIM.

Cashmasoft

Thanks for all your comments - think I will save my money and stick with Marks.

Acrylic is acrylic is acrylic at the end of the day. "Cashmasoft" is acrylic. It will pill and bobble and look yuk within a few months of wear. You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

I think all these places that sell imitation cashmere are all the same....as flamenco has said,acrylic is acrylic at the end of the day.I have a black "boyfriend" cardigan in the same vein,and its ok,nothing to rave about.Very soft and light,but very thin and creases easily.Its a good standby in my handbag on a day when you're not sure if you need it or not,but I wouldn't buy another.

I have several Cashmasoft items , which I enjoy wearing during chillier weather .

The styling and designs are often good but the sizing fit and quality of the fabric can vary. I have some jumpers that wash very well , but some have gone 'bobbly ' with wear quite early on.

Most of mine were reduced price from the outlet so I feel they were good value for the money .

I must admit I was tempted by the OTO Twin Set last night, but I managed to come to my senses after the fiasco with the last sweater I ordered from the range. I've always fancied a little vintage twinset, but I shall look elsewhere!!

I had to chuckle when I learned that the guest presenter is, apparently, an A list stylist, getting celebs ready for the red carpet!!!! I had visions of the likes of Gynneth Paltrow, Catherine Z Jones, Jennifer Aston et al all being fitted up with Cashmasoft for their big night !!!!! Unless of course her version of A list, are soap stars - then yeah ok, its a vision I can handle !!!!!

I always think that the cashmasoft look cheap and nasty, I have never been tempted .

I must admit I was tempted by the OTO Twin Set last night, but I managed to come to my senses after the fiasco with the last sweater I ordered from the range. I've always fancied a little vintage twinset, but I shall look elsewhere!!

Have a look at www.peterhahn.co.uk for twinsets in a wide range of colours, fabrics and prices. A friend wears them to work in the City all the time - almost like a self-imposed uniform - but they are very smart in a retro sort of way. For her birthday, I bought her the Honora set of assorted stud earrings to complete the look and she was chuffed.

Latest posts

Back