Carmel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is a particularly joyous time in Carmel's life and I bet she would give anything to be able to share the wonderful news with her late Mum which is something very special. I'm sure her excitement is also tainted with great sadness. I hope she delivers a perfect healthy baby and she and her husband cherish being parents.

I seem to remember years ago Julia would go on about her daughter, it was "Sophie this" and "Sophie that" She was the Sally Webster of QVC! She never mentioned her son very much until he started appearing on the exercise equipment shows.

Come to think of it Catherine hardly ever mentions her son but does talk about her daughter quite often. As someone said recently it's one of Jilly's good points that she keeps her personal life separate and..well..personal.

I will monitor this phenomenon for a few years and report back my findings once we know what sex Caramel's baby is.

Jude xx

Serph isn't faring too well in the jungle, her footy boyfriend will get some ribbing on the training pitch tomorrow, "Does she scream like that for you Scott?"

Jude xx

'fraid so!

This is where the nation discovers she's not an actor. she is Serphie Webstaw!

J xx

aaah just leave the girl alone, all "mummies to be" are somewhat obsessed with their pregnancies especially when its their first one, as their body is changing constantly and things are happening that they've never experienced before. And it wasn't that long ago that Carmel lost her own mother so she's lost out on those special mummy/nanny bonding moments.

Give her a break, she's just excited and good luck to her I say! I wish my bump was as neat as hers, at this stage I was the size of a house LOL. xxxxx

I seem to remember years ago Julia would go on about her daughter, it was "Sophie this" and "Sophie that" She was the Sally Webster of QVC! She never mentioned her son very much until he started appearing on the exercise equipment shows.

Come to think of it Catherine hardly ever mentions her son but does talk about her daughter quite often. As someone said recently it's one of Jilly's good points that she keeps her personal life separate and..well..personal.

I will monitor this phenomenon for a few years and report back my findings once we know what sex Caramel's baby is.

Jude xx

Was it Jill who had shows prior to her wedding on things you could wear on your wedding day and had a trailer showing photos/video of her actual wedding? Its so long ago I am not sure if it was her or someone else

I don't think anyone is disputing that it's a particularly joyous time for Carmel and her husband. It's more the fact that she's at work and therefore doesn't need to be banging on about it! I worked through both my pregnancies in a customer service position and didn't mention it to customers unless they enquired. It's a matter of being professional whilst doing your job.

I have warmed to Carmel since she started. I think she has worked hard to improve her performance and takes time to appear well groomed and dressed these days. I like the Irish accent well enough but do find her actual voice-pitch, tone I dont know what, it is a little grating and harsh after a while but on the whole shes ok. I suppose she should remember that pregnancy can be a sore subject for a lot of women these days who are unable to have have children, cant afford to have them, left it too late, cant find a suitable partner etc and who do not want reminders of it on QVC which a lot of people watch for a bit of idle distraction. Maybe sticking to more non personal topics would be better.

Bauble that is so true. I can't have children. I am always delighted for any friends,family or even presenters when they get pregnant. Have to say as happy as i am for them, my heart breaks at the same time

Yes LE lover, a friend of mine is in the same situation and its so tough as reminders are everywhere. Sending you love.

I have been pregnant 4 times, one of the times was with twins and have only managed to have one living child and yes I do feel sad if I think about my losses but I am always so happy to hear of a new little one on the way. Guess Carmel should reign it in a bit, but it must be hard when it is your first and it is all so new. I do wish her well and all parents to be.

I have been pregnant 4 times, one of the times was with twins and have only managed to have one living child and yes I do feel sad if I think about my losses but I am always so happy to hear of a new little one on the way. Guess Carmel should reign it in a bit, but it must be hard when it is your first and it is all so new. I do wish her well and all parents to be.

Couldn't agree more with you Silversequin, I too have had four pregnancies but I also only have one living child, my gorgeous daughter, as my first three pregnancies in succession all tragically miscarried. And then Mother Nature dealt the ultimate cruel blow by awarding me with a hysterectomy so no more babies or siblings for me ever :eek:(

But despite all my personal traumas and pain that will be with me forever to the day I pop off, I am always happy to hear that a little bubba is going to make somebody else's world. There is so much heartbreak in the world, in so many forms, so why not just let somebody enjoy their moment. And if Carmel's baby whitterings are really grating then people can just switch over till the next hour :eek:)

I wish you all the best SilverSequin as I totally understand your pain and circumstances. xxx

Last edited:
Carmel isn't boasting about her pregnancy, she's just so happy, but for those of us where having babies isn't an option (when we want it to be) it is hard. I turn off, but it's not because I'm not happy for her, I'm just sad for me. Maybe when you're broadcasting to millions it might be best just to tone it down a bit.

CC

Couldn't agree more with you Silversequin, I too have had four pregnancies but I also only have one living child, my gorgeous daughter, as my first three pregnancies in succession all tragically miscarried. And then Mother Nature dealt the ultimate cruel blow by awarding me with a hysterectomy so no more babies or siblings for me ever :eek:(

But despite all my personal traumas and pain that will be with me forever to the day I pop off, I am always happy to hear that a little bubba is going to make somebody else's world. There is so much heartbreak in the world, in so many forms, so why not just let somebody enjoy their moment. And if Carmel's baby whitterings are really grating then people can just switch over till the next hour :eek:)

I wish you all the best SilverSequin as I totally understand your pain and circumstances. xxx

that would work if you just watch for the sake of it but i watch shows where i'm interested in the product.

I think I must be a bit oblivious..or just don't listen cos I did hear her talk about her baby shower but nothing more.

On another note, isn't it Raaawsie Webster in the Jungle??

Latest posts

Back