carla lazlo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Recuperating after hip operation (longest weeks of my life !!), I have been brainwashed with daytime tele !

Imagine my surprise yesterday when watching yet another property programme on Ch4 called Coast or Country, - (a sort of Escape to the Country but couples cant decide whether to live by the seaside or in the country), when the participants are none other than Carla and her mum Doreen ! " Currently living in Middlesex, and where Carla commutes to her very busy job in the centre of London, mother and daughter are looking for a holiday home with a budget of £300,000". So then we are shown 3 houses in the country (Suffolk) and 3 by the seaside. Very weird watching Carla being 'an ordinary member of the public', but would'nt have thought she would have exposed her private life in this way. Unless of course Coast and Country were hard up for couples and put the word out to QVC !!!! lol !

Anyway, Doreen particularly loved one seaside property for a weekend retreat with their 2 yorkshire terriers, and would have put an offer in, but Carla thought they would have to think about it, and continue looking.

Good wishes for a speedy recovery! Carla mentioned on air her appearance on C&C,I didn't see the programme myself. I like her, she's off to the Caribbean in January...lucky her! She was guest presenter on a show recently with Claire Sutton & it was so obvious she was irritated by CS. No wonder she is immature,I was routing for Carla to give her a good slap :mysmilie_10:

Hope you are feeling better after your hip operation Brisstles.

The brands that employ Carla must pay well. No doubt better than QVC would if she joined them.

I was surprised she has not been hired as a full time presenter as she is better than some.

Get well soon Brissles !!! And everybody have a great Christmas and peaceful new year ....saw Carla and I usually like her but thought she was a bit unrealistic about what to expect for the money ....her Mum was really sweet bless her ...

See you all soon ...keep safe and well and see you all in 2017 :mysmilie_3::mysmilie_12:

Hope your recovery is quick Brissles - bet you are glad it is all over.

Thank you all for the good wishes.

The op was a success, but no aftercare whatsoever - sadly a reflection of the times. I was going to be sent home after 3 days with no-one at home or with any equipment. I stuck my ground to be sent home the following day when my brother was going to be there (taking time off work). I had only a total of 15 mins physio during that time, and was sent home with an A4 photocopied sheet of exercises to do, followed up by a 2 minute phone call from the hospital physio two weeks later. Other than that, and apart from having the staples out at the surgery, I've been left to get on with it. Even my follow up post op appointment with the surgeon is not until the end of January.

Never mind, I'm out of pain, and there are far worse off people than me. I've also started driving again, and no longer rely on crutches to get around, - might have trouble doing the Quickstep though !!

Wish you all a good Christmas, however you spend it - by choice or otherwise ! and a healthy new year for all of us !

Aww, brissles, sending get well wishes to you, hope you're improving every day. Best wishes for Christmas and New Year to you, too. :flower::flower: :mysmilie_852:

I bet these shows are full of 'TV industry people' not bog standard members of the public. Speedy recovery Brissles. Did you spot what Carla and Mum were wearing Brissles as the way Carla chats you would think she lives in Q fashion I'd have been interested to see that.

Thank you all for the good wishes.

The op was a success, but no aftercare whatsoever - sadly a reflection of the times. I was going to be sent home after 3 days with no-one at home or with any equipment. I stuck my ground to be sent home the following day when my brother was going to be there (taking time off work). I had only a total of 15 mins physio during that time, and was sent home with an A4 photocopied sheet of exercises to do, followed up by a 2 minute phone call from the hospital physio two weeks later. Other than that, and apart from having the staples out at the surgery, I've been left to get on with it. Even my follow up post op appointment with the surgeon is not until the end of January.

Never mind, I'm out of pain, and there are far worse off people than me. I've also started driving again, and no longer rely on crutches to get around, - might have trouble doing the Quickstep though !!

Wish you all a good Christmas, however you spend it - by choice or otherwise ! and a healthy new year for all of us !

My MIL had a knee replacement earlier in the year and had exactly the same problem with the aftercare. Thankfully, she was able to go and stay with my brother in law and his wife after the surgery, as they have two spare bedrooms. She had a lot of swelling that took a long while to go down, and I think the recovery was a lot slower than she'd envisaged. That's great that you're out of pain, hope you continue to make a good recovery.

Merry Christmas, everyone, and a happy and healthy 2017!! :mysmilie_3: xx

My MIL had a knee replacement earlier in the year and had exactly the same problem with the aftercare. Thankfully, she was able to go and stay with my brother in law and his wife after the surgery, as they have two spare bedrooms. She had a lot of swelling that took a long while to go down, and I think the recovery was a lot slower than she'd envisaged. That's great that you're out of pain, hope you continue to make a good recovery.

Merry Christmas, everyone, and a happy and healthy 2017!! :mysmilie_3: xx

Thank you Minx, you too. :mysmilie_3:

I bet these shows are full of 'TV industry people' not bog standard members of the public. Speedy recovery Brissles. Did you spot what Carla and Mum were wearing Brissles as the way Carla chats you would think she lives in Q fashion I'd have been interested to see that.

I saw the show and Carla was dressed rather frumpy in my opinion, so could well have been qvc clothing!!

Imo we are getting a CL overload atm, everytime I switch qvc on ...she seem to be there. Sending brissles good vibes for a speedy recovery. Wishing all FM's a happy Christmas and a healthy New Year....:mysmilie_59:

I watched Coast to Country too and I thought Carla came over really well. She always looks lovely no matter what she wears maybe I'm in the minority but that's my tuppence worth.

I watched Coast to Country too and I thought Carla came over really well. She always looks lovely no matter what she wears maybe I'm in the minority but that's my tuppence worth.

Don't watch it, if CL was on it, it would make me not watch it even more, the woman gets right on my thrupnees.

I watched it too Maisie and I thought Carla came across well. I must admit I do like her on QVC - much better than some of them that are on there. I think that green jump suit she wore was from QVC.

What did confuse me on Coast to Country was that they were looking for a holiday home but she kept saying that their furniture wouldn't fit.

..........that they were looking for a holiday home but she kept saying that their furniture wouldn't fit.......

That threw me too, which was when I started to smell a rat about it being a genuine property hunt. I think Carla was wearing a Kim and Co coatigan (I could be wrong)

Latest posts

Back