Careful re refunds!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tinaborder

Registered Shopper
I have returned 2 items recently with the prepaid labels as they were faulty. On both occasions they have refunded me the price of the items but not the postage. I have had to call CS on both occasions. I think that they are hoping that we won't notice! So make sure that you check!

One item was the Butler & Wilson union jack watch which had all of the crystals across the middle band glued in wonky - I'm thinking that B&W quality is going down from what I've been reading on here recently!

I had to ring CS last week about a similar problem. Think you're right in saying that they are hoping we won't realise we haven't been refunded the full cost of the order despite it being faulty - damn cheek of them!

I have returned 2 items recently with the prepaid labels as they were faulty. On both occasions they have refunded me the price of the items but not the postage. I have had to call CS on both occasions. I think that they are hoping that we won't notice! So make sure that you check!

One item was the Butler & Wilson union jack watch which had all of the crystals across the middle band glued in wonky - I'm thinking that B&W quality is going down from what I've been reading on here recently!

Thats interesting about the watch Tina, if there hadn't been a quality control problem, do you think the watch would have been worth the money? I have it on advanced order for someone as a pressie but am having second thoughts now I look at it again.

Thanks

Bet

If I return a faulty item I always include a note with the details of the order (name, membersip, item and order number) stating that the customer service adviser (insert CSA's name if I remember, lol) stated P&P would be refunded. This has always worked, but, I haven't had to return a fauly item in a while, so thanks for the warning.

Last edited:

This has happened to me several times in the past. Now if I have to return anything via a pre-paid label I always comment on the letter they ask you to return that p&p needs to be refunded as well as the cost of the item. It seems to work!!

Thats interesting about the watch Tina, if there hadn't been a quality control problem, do you think the watch would have been worth the money? I have it on advanced order for someone as a pressie but am having second thoughts now I look at it again.

To be honest at a distance it was gorgeous. However, even if the crystals hadn't been wonky there's a union jack sticker under the crystals which seems to be the template that the crystals are all stuck to. Because the crystals are round you can see the black lines separating the colours so it looked naff and cheap close up. I'd cancel waitlist if I was you Bet. You would think that Simon would insist on better manufacturing than that. I do think their standards are going down at the moment.

If I return a faulty item I always include a note with the details of the order (name, membersip, item and order number) stating that the customer service adviser (insert CSA's name if I remember, lol) stated P&P would be refunded. This has always worked, but, I haven't had to return a fauly item in a while, so thanks for the warning.

I think that generally does work - the only time I've ever had a similar problem was a while ago when I returned it with the label etc. I just assumed that someone at the warehouse had assumed it was a simple return and not noticed.

Latest posts

Back