Can't believe this

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I notice this a lot on the beauty shows especially, they imply that if you're using 'something from the corner shop or supermarket' then you're somehow a lesser person/shopper because of course you should be buying a presteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegious shower gel/day cream/foundation whatever. Not a presteeeeeegious one from counters in department stores though (god forbid, they're still technically High St), but no, only from QVC who are there to tell us how to be better people and buy the correct products so we don't have to feel like right muckers bathing in what is essentially washing up liquid. Course it's nice to trest oneself occasionally and if you feel better using Molton Brown than Boots then of course it's your prerogative but I hate this sniffy implication that you can only buy certain brands otherwise you're some sort of commoner.

*rant over* :tongue2:

Tx

I know, and although I used to believe that stuff sold on QVC was somehow the real deal, I have since read reviews of some right rubbish, so not everything they sell is so wonderful. I generally like Claire, but I once heard her on a LE show comparing the wondrous bathing experience you would get from Orange flower body wash as opposed to "something rubbishy" from the high street. And it did annoy me.

Recently I was at my sister's house, and absent mindedly applied some "rubbishy high street" cocoa butter body lotion to my hands (as opposed to LE hand repair or l'occitane, which I usually favour) and was amazed at how verlvety soft my hands were even 24 hours later. Yet if you went by everything QVC say, I was lucky that my hands didn't blister and fall off.

I know, and although I used to believe that stuff sold on QVC was somehow the real deal, I have since read reviews of some right rubbish, so not everything they sell is so wonderful. I generally like Claire, but I once heard her on a LE show comparing the wondrous bathing experience you would get from Orange flower body wash as opposed to "something rubbishy" from the high street. And it did annoy me.

Recently I was at my sister's house, and absent mindedly applied some "rubbishy high street" cocoa butter body lotion to my hands (as opposed to LE hand repair or l'occitane, which I usually favour) and was amazed at how verlvety soft my hands were even 24 hours later. Yet if you went by everything QVC say, I was lucky that my hands didn't blister and fall off.

I think they are just trying to create some reason to justify you paying four or five times more thatn you would spend buying a high street product. They just want you to believe that their products really are worth the extra dosh.

At the end of the day those "lovely presenters" are no more than a salesperson, some of them more hard sell than others granted but at the end of the day they are no different from the likes of you and me or anyone working in retail sales, they are NOT celebs, even though some appear to think they are

Last night Julia was saying that it is similar to a "French perfume in a blue bottle". By my reckoning, they mean Christian Dior's Midnight Poison.

no its diors diorella. i used to wear it many moons ago and have tested the liz earle one also. they smell identical and most of the reviwers have said this.
i like liz's perfume but for the life of me cant think why she did not invent her own one.....
my ex said i smelt like p... when i wore it but i love it.....
very unusual but a bit of an aquired taste. people eithr love this type of smell or really hate it...:whew2:

Latest posts

Back