Cancelling an order.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I placed an order online and,after thinking about it, decided against it. This was within approx 10 minutes. after contacting QVC, I was told the order was "too far along the ordering process". So in 10 minutes, they had already started to administer my order? That certainly is service for you!

Yes it's amazing how they have already started processing your order but it could be "in process" for days before it gets sent out.

I placed an order online and,after thinking about it, decided against it. This was within approx 10 minutes. after contacting QVC, I was told the order was "too far along the ordering process". So in 10 minutes, they had already started to administer my order? That certainly is service for you!

Well as they're so speedy you can expect it within 3-5 working days then.

I've done exactly the same and they cancelled my order without any hassle. You should be able to cancel the order if you change your mind within minutes of placing the order. That's downright silly!

Think it depends on the operator, I would phone back and speak to someone else or you could refuse delivery when it arrives.
Think the T&C's say you can cancel within 7 days but I am not 100% sure

i tried cancelling once and they wouldnt allow it, like you it was within minutes and too far along.

I placed an order twice by mistake online and they were able to cancel one, no problem.
Of course they can cancel if they want to.

I was told there is a 3 hour window to cancel otherwise it's already in process. I think it all depends whether you get a jobsworth or someone who actually takes pride in giving good customer service.

Particularly interesting as their own T&C state that they haven't accepted your order until it is despatched!!

2.4 Acceptance of your order and the formation of a contract between us will take place when we despatch the products ordered to you, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it in accordance with section 9 below.​

Note though that the T&C talk about cancelling mainly in relation to statutory right to cancel after receipt / 7 days, not immediately after placed.

I've also been told it's too far along the process to cancel and to just refuse delivery. Seems a bit silly on their part as they have to refund both the price of the item and the P&P if delivery is refused.

the entire QVC ethos is that you'll get the damned thing home and wont be arsed to send it back. i bet the number of people who actually refuse delivery is tiny, if it turns up at the door most people will take it in, open it for a look and then never get round to going to the post office with a return.

simple but genius.

Latest posts

Back