Buying when pissed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Any 'iffy' purchases I've made can't be blamed on alcohol ....... I'm tee total. I just got sucked in by the novelty of having Freeview - but I'm better now :wink: as I usually only get things I've liked and am re-ordering.

Mind you, I'm beginning to wonder if I am under the influence of drink at the moment as I've just logged on after 4 days with no internet (o2 sent an update which killed my router and so I've had to wait for a replacement one) and all I've heard since logging on to this forum is a non-stop burst of really irritating music! Am I the only one who can hear it? Or should I reach for a bottle? :wink:

Oooh yes, they used to anger me beyond belief...praying on the vulnerable and the downright pi$$ed! I remember once watching one "quiz" which involved phoning in and telling them items you'd buy in a supermarket that begin with S....Sausages, Sugar, Salt? No.....Sherbert, Saltbeef and string!

Going back to topic, I tend not to purchase when I've had a few...I don't need any encouragement...I just buy..new year's resolution coming on...only to buy when I'm pi$$ed!

I remember reading about one of these quizzes and a question was things found in a woman's handbag, one of the answers was rawlplugs !!!

Sorry hadn't read all the posts before typing this and Pickles was ahead of me !

Last edited:
Any 'iffy' purchases I've made can't be blamed on alcohol ....... I'm tee total. I just got sucked in by the novelty of having Freeview - but I'm better now :wink: as I usually only get things I've liked and am re-ordering.

Mind you, I'm beginning to wonder if I am under the influence of drink at the moment as I've just logged on after 4 days with no internet (o2 sent an update which killed my router and so I've had to wait for a replacement one) and all I've heard since logging on to this forum is a non-stop burst of really irritating music! Am I the only one who can hear it? Or should I reach for a bottle? :wink:

I was getting it as well. Fortunately seems to have stopped now,

I miss Quiz tv. I won over £8000, all with free web entries. It was quite time consuming but I wasn't working at the time so I was grateful for the income. I do agree that many people got their fingers burnt paying about 60p per phone call.

I suspected the music was coming from the Rocks & co clearance sale banner ad at the top. I've turned the sound off.

one of my sisters bought a flat hose from a shopping telly when under the influence, she lived in a flat at the time, not sure whether she thought a flat hose was for a flat or not as she didnt have a garden.

Latest posts

Back