Buyer beware

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The problem is that proof of posting doesn't really tell the whole story. Theoretically, you could send an empty envelope to get a proof of posting and then use that proof to make a claim against something expensive. And I presume that is why they won't take it on its own as proof. I'm not sure what it would take but there has to be some method whereby the contents of the parcel are noted on the proof of posting too and verified somehow. Then that could be accepted as proof and a refund issued right away. Perhaps QVC could include some sort of sticker that you put on to a parcel and/or the proof. Or perhaps it could be done by weight? I'm not sure there is any easy system that's robust enough to avoid fraud.

The proof of posting receipts that the post office now issue (ordinary 1st or 2nd class "without the signed for" service now show the item's weight, date, time, postage rate paid, Building name/house number and postcode so it's fairly comprehensive but it just doesn't have a tracking number (this is ordinary postage not using a return label). Even "signed for" isn't a properly trackable service it can only say when an item has been signed for and until it's delivered there's no way of tracking where it is in the postal service. Hermes, Collect+, Parcelforce Consignment (if returning more than 3 parcels at a time) or RM Special Delivery (for a high value item) are all more "trackable" than "signed for" so it's always worth asking (or comparing rates online)

signed for is worth it as you can track online and see if its been signed for and recieved

They sent me the wrong Gatineau product, in fact it was the TSV which was about twice the price of the product I ordered.When I rang up they dispatched the correct order & arranged to have the wrong item collected by Hermes which happened to be the next day.I breath a sigh of relief when I know an order will be delivered via Hermes so much better than Royal Mail!

Latest posts

Back