Butler & Wilson

• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 3549

Guest Shopper
I'm not knocking B&W because I have a couple of small pieces myself but there are so many things now that look...cheap. Theres loads of pieces that look exactly like the sparkling jewels you see in Thailand markets for pennies or a few pounds. I must admit that alot of the time now I can't stop thinking this and thinking he must be making a fortune in mark ups!!!

said in a previous post I like a bit of bling but the B&W pieces I have are classy compared to this lot tonight.Not been tempted at all, just as well.

without doubt the quality of B&W is not what it was. I still have a few pieces fromyears ago that I bought when they had several shops around the UK (Princess Square, Glasgow anyone?) and you would think it wasn't the same company. I have returned more items to QVC than I have kept, loose stones, poor finishing, it's sad really.

It's the twee cutsie animals that get me. They are vile. As are the oversized and huge floral necklace pieces. I like sparkles, I really do, but the stuff looks cheap and no way does it justify the huge price tag.

he (his company) clearly buys a lot of stuff in from the far east. its a dead giveaway when the "designer" doesnt know the product before it's shown on air.

even lulu guiness is guilty of this, not knowing what lining is in a bag, or being surprised at seeing a particular detail. at least with lulu G i get the impression that she has has a hand in the concept. not the case with Wilson, i doubt that he has much involvement in the stuff he sells on QVC except to enjoy the rewards.

I will say he still has in high quality products but only sells them in his shops not on QVC. Gets in loads of cheaper qualilty stuff knowing people will buy it from QVC without a thought.

I noticed that on lots of the really naff items he said we don't have this in the shop.

I have only been in the shop once and really liked some of the items, they were distinctive and well made; on the other hand the stuff on qvc looks naff and cheap in comparison

apologies in advance to fans of B & W, but I've never seen the attraction and I seldom catch any of it on tv as I can't stand SW and the way he & JR go on together...urgh...however, caught five mins the other night and they were showing SKULLS...I watched in fascination/horror...do people actually wear this stuff? I'll stick to my silver diamonique, which I appreciate some people probably really hate!

I agree that the worst of his stuff seems to feature heavily on QVC, I have an interest in fashion and design and have quite a few books which feature B and W stuff and it is nothing like the things on QVC. Having just said that I did buy 3 things this w\end and hope that the quality is up to scratch. Have found that this has not been the case sometimes. I am planning to go to one of his shops on my next trip to London, wonder if he will be on the till?!!!!

I agree that the worst of his stuff seems to feature heavily on QVC, I have an interest in fashion and design and have quite a few books which feature B and W stuff and it is nothing like the things on QVC. Having just said that I did buy 3 things this w\end and hope that the quality is up to scratch. Have found that this has not been the case sometimes. I am planning to go to one of his shops on my next trip to London, wonder if he will be on the till?!!!!

I think the TSVs are usually made cheaply to sell high volumes so I usually avoid them (apart from the last watch which I love but changed the strap).

I bought just the one thing at the weekend - champagne glass brooch. I've rarely had a quality issue with B&W and I think it's beautifully made. I guess with thousands of tiny crystals, occasionally one may fall out but I think that's only happened to me once and I have around 30 pieces.

However, I cannot bear the cutsie animal things or the HUGE gansta chains. Don't know why or where anyone would wear that stuff.

Hope you get to see him in the shop, I've met him several times and he's been quite chatty. I was wearing earrings of his one time and the second I stepped in he commented on them. Another time I was carrying a bag and he gabbed it from me saying how wonderful it looked! :blush:

Never brought anything this weekend. I do have some of his ear rings & always get them admired. I also a couple of years back brought a very pretty flower necklace & ear ring set. A year later a stone fell out of one of the ear rings.QVC no longer did so told me to contact B&W I duly did & they were very helpful. I sent it back to them & they repaired free of charge & free P&P as well.

apologies in advance to fans of B & W, but I've never seen the attraction and I seldom catch any of it on tv as I can't stand SW and the way he & JR go on together...urgh...however, caught five mins the other night and they were showing SKULLS...I watched in fascination/horror...do people actually wear this stuff? I'll stick to my silver diamonique, which I appreciate some people probably really hate!

I don't care for the skull trend at all but did find the B&W skulls very colourful :giggle: But I wouldn't want to buy any of them nor wear them. I think that they sold out so someone is wearing them or hoarding them.

Oh and isn't it interesting that so much of the B&W stuff sold out, night after night, item after item. And if not sold out then limited stock. Wonder if FREE P&P could have anything at all to do with that??? :giggle: :clapping: :star: :star: :doh:

I don't care for the skull trend at all but did find the B&W skulls very colourful :giggle: But I wouldn't want to buy any of them nor wear them. I think that they sold out so someone is wearing them or hoarding them.

Oh and isn't it interesting that so much of the B&W stuff sold out, night after night, item after item. And if not sold out then limited stock. Wonder if FREE P&P could have anything at all to do with that??? :giggle: :clapping: :star: :star: :doh:

I would think its more likely the stock levels are low to begin with, then when an item does sell out, it looks to be popular. It happens with fashion all the time, because I have noticed the next time the item appears as "back in stock" , many times it actually fails to sell out again. !

Check ebay out. Lots of B&W & Kirks Folly land up on there.

Lots of people like us who succumbed to the selling power of QVC & then weeks later thought WHY did I ever buy this ?:doh:

just seen a large B&W vintage brooch go for £35 on celeb cash in the attic (Richard O'brien) and was thinking QVC flog that size for £70-90 so they don't appear to go up in value!

Latest posts

Back