Butler & Wilson "large cat sequin top"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find his demeanour patronising and condescending and cringe when I see the way JR sucking up and fawning all over him, for what is mostly crap tat at extortionate prices.

The cat sequin top is absolutely vulgar. I wouldn't wear it (or any of his other fashion items) but clearly many people do because it always seems to sell out!

I detest the 1970's punk rock look skulls too. As folks here have said, it is all passe and he needs to inject some new ideas. The same old tat is just evidence of laziness in my opinion.

Inge :eek:)

I can't believe how hideous his stuff is now. I have the most beautiful B and W evening bag that I keep on display in my bedroom. It is a deep crimson satin frame bag with detailed embroidery all over it. I bought it for a wedding several years ago and whenever I use it I get a lot of compliments. Can't imagine getting the same reaction for the vile skull thing that Renee was parading around. I reckon Simon thinks any old tat will sell at Q and sadly he is right.

I agree! I remember when they used to have the most beautiful evening bags; they looked like vintage ones and always sold out. Those days are long gone I am afraid. Shame really.

Although I agree and would not be seen wearing his skull stuff ever, not even in the 790's, the current young people have not worn it in the 70's. Is that maybe the target group of selling to?

Wasn't this resurgence in skull stuff on the back of damien hirst's diamond skull sculpture called "For the Love of God". Wikipedia: "The work's title was supposedly inspired by Hirst's mother, who once asked, “For the love of God, what are you going to do next?".

Quite appropriate really. Could be the B&W slogan... LOL!

sp-s08-e2.main%20story.jpg

boo2.gif

I always think he looks a bit like a vampire in need of a good "meal"
Aww!!! I like Simon & i have bought some of his lovely clothes over the last few years & had some lovely comments. I'm not too keen on his bags, but then again we all have different tastes.
I do agree he could do to put on a bit of weight though.

Funny you should choose that particular piece of 'art'. Catherine Huntley was wearing this during B&W show, and proudly said 'I wore this in the canteen and the lady that was serving said what is that you are wearing and couldn't take her eyes off it!'
The poor woman was probably too blinded by the light to serve up CHs lunch!

That said I feel a bit two-faced because I absolutely loved the full 5 flower faceted crystal necklace, which is a statement piece, and I bought one for my best friend for Christmas. For me Simon is a bit hit and miss, and I agree with the cringe-worthy fawning of Julia - yuk!

I find the jewellery to be gawdy for the most part. The photograph of SW grinning with a 'skull' on his lap, I find disturbing. I have been to the site, in what is now Austria, of the Nazi headquarters. In the crypt is a wall, floor-to-ceiling, of the skulls of the murdered townsfolk. As a result, I don't see skulls as jewel-encrusted adornments, imho.

I really don't like most of B&Ws offerings but I have a keyring that I absolutely love. And really liked yesterday's Union Jack heart cufflinks and ring. They did a big crown ring a while back that I liked too. In store they used to do more delicate/understated pieces but I haven't been there for ages.

Latest posts

Back