Butler and Wilson Anniversary show this evening

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

shushkin!

Registered Shopper
I think Simon is great and a real character but oh dear what a weird mix of offerings.
There were either cheap/plastic looking ultra sparkly bead necklaces or bracelets
that QVC were clearly desparate to shift to the other extreme of OTT gothic rock looks and
really naff bling bling candy coloured little animal pendants and rings!

Sometimes Butler and Wilson creations really are fab but blimey you really do have to be patient
for something special to appear on QVC.

I think Simon is great and a real character but oh dear what a weird mix of offerings.
There were either cheap/plastic looking ultra sparkly bead necklaces or bracelets
that QVC were clearly desparate to shift to the other extreme of OTT gothic rock looks and
really naff bling bling candy coloured little animal pendants and rings!

Sometimes Butler and Wilson creations really are fab but blimey you really do have to be patient
for something special to appear on QVC.

I used to like his older classier stuff, but recently its gone downhill. But i"d love to wander round his
shop, as apparently its far more "upmarket" if you know what i mean. Maybe his just does the tacky
stuff for QVC :thinking:

I watched for about ten minutes this evening - after the ubiquitous Bubble Head's sixth 'Oh my Gosh!' I changed channel. The offerings I saw looked cheap and tawdry.

I saw the clip of him being interviewed in his shop on the QVC website. The shop looks very traditional and I can see why he calls himself a traditional shopkeeper.
I am sure the shop front looks great but the interior needs modernising and looking as glamorous as the shop front so going in and mooching about becomes an amazing bit of glamorous escapism.
Starting to sound like Mary Portas!

the shops are lovely, and the things in there are not the usual QVC fodder. Think Q must be his bread and butter income stream. Ages ago I went to the shop on Fulham Road and a member of staff was so rude and patronising, I was trailed around as if I was a shoplifter but ignored when I asked a question while I was actually buying something. I wrote and complained. I had a lovely and full apology so all credit to Simon.

I wonder if his stuff is made in China like just about everything else we buy nowadays

Initially from a business point of view, I think the idea of B & W selling on qvc was inspired. He has only 2 shops, both in London, and yet the Outer Hebrides can still buy his products. Note I said 'initially', because when he first came on air, the items were what you would buy in his shop; sadly not any more. Along with most other regular vendors, a lot is now "purely for qvc", so even if we live around the corner from his shop and buy from qvc we still get the dross !!

Hi,

there are some really gorgeous swarovski crystal clutch bags on his website, but theyre all about £500+ Absolutely stunning tho.

What I do like about him is how quick he switches the range. Lots of new items and short-run items.

An endless parade of sparkly stuff in front of my eyes...

Cheers,
karen

Well he's obviously doing OK because I reckon that's a £10k watch he's wearing.

As with so many ranges on QVC I've got and like one or two things but most of it seriously isn't me at all.

Barbs do you like Swarovski crystal? I went into the Swarovski store in Covent Garden the other day and was amazed at how classy and not all that expensive the pieces were. Simon Wilson is a character. I dont' know why he wears that hideous eye brooch that is about as big as a dinner plate!
I used to like his older classier stuff, but recently its gone downhill. But i"d love to wander round his
shop, as apparently its far more "upmarket" if you know what i mean. Maybe his just does the tacky
stuff for QVC :thinking:

In the early days I had some beautiful chandelier clip on earrings from his range, and there were some really eye catching necklaces and hair brooches (baguettes ?), those ranges are long gone, to be replaced by either childlike jewellery (bunnywabbit keywings), or products that come from the mind of a frustrated Rocker - skulls and studs with everything.

Just waiting now for the crystal encrusted sabre pedant, or the nostril to earlobe chain with 'bat' stations !!!!!

PS. Has he done a crystal skeleton in any form of adornment yet ? No ? then he's slipping.

In the early days I had some beautiful chandelier clip on earrings from his range, and there were some really eye catching necklaces and hair brooches (baguettes ?), those ranges are long gone, to be replaced by either childlike jewellery (bunnywabbit keywings), or products that come from the mind of a frustrated Rocker - skulls and studs with everything.

Just waiting now for the crystal encrusted sabre pedant, or the nostril to earlobe chain with 'bat' stations !!!!!

PS. Has he done a crystal skeleton in any form of adornment yet ? No ? then he's slipping.

Barrettes? But I am enjoying the image of someone walking around with a couple of French sticks in their hair! :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

That link didn't work for me but if it's the one that I think it is (a full skeleton with the arms forming part of the chain?) then I thought it was hideous! I know I've said before that I used to really like B&W but don't know what's happened lately.

Yes, that's the one - the full skeleton, one of yesterday's Hot Picks, though who would pick that I can't imagine
Freaky!

Swarovski is often sold in department stores. House of Fraser I think. I've got a few really nice pieces. One is a blue jigsaw puzzle piece on a leather cord. Oh and the most beautiful pink heart on a pink suede cord. Haven't bought anything for ages though. It's quite pricey though. About the same as B&W but usually far more subtle.

Latest posts

Back